Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2007, 20:20   #16
Senior Member+

Re: paul mullin sculpture

wudnt this just turn in to another the roof is coming in febuary.

why not wait until we move to new stadium of course knowing stanley we will do a layer road.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-06-2007, 20:23   #17
Senior Member+

oops just realised they've got that special 'your can move up if you are moving stadium status' and are moving to a 10,000 seater in 2009
Old 13-06-2007, 20:29   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Right, we'll follow Wembleys lead and charge £8 for a burger and £10 for a programme
Good idea.

But I'm more surprised that nobody asked me how I knew the cost
Old 13-06-2007, 20:30   #19
Senior Member+

how do you know the cost
Old 13-06-2007, 20:30   #20
Resident Waffler

Apart from it appearing to have a very little head I like it. It's dynamic.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 20:37   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
how do you know the cost
I heard something today about a proposed statue of Les Dawson being commissioned for Lytham. It's to be done by the same sculptor who did the Stanley Matthews one at Preston and he said that was the cost. Dreary, but true.
Old 13-06-2007, 22:04   #22
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I personally dislike it. It looks like one of those wobbly men they used to give out on the generation game. if that cost £2000, then I guess 2 grand doesnt buy what it used to.
I'm with Alvin on this, after reading the thread I got to the picture and after ****ing myself laughing for 5 minutes I composed myself to reply. Come on people it's rubbish.
Whoever decided to spend £2000 on that needs their head seeing to, this smacks of Gayles top of the coppice thingy.
I'm eating some chocolate fingers and I've decided to mould them into a figure that I'm going to call "A Stanley Ultra", can I have £2000 to allow me to fullfill a dream, no, thought not.

I'm reminded of an episode of "That's Life" from the 80's where a woman paid a lot of money to get her dead pet cat stuffed and mounted. I remember they showed a picture of a sweet looking cat alive then they showed it after some cowboy had worked on it. Like the Moorhead statue I remember howling with laughter because that was a joke too.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 22:14   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I like it.

If you want a statue, what you need to do is ask someone who manages arts based projects to look into finding some funding for you. Then you need to ask that self same person to manage the project and get one built for you.

Can you get a quote for an umbrella on legs statue, say about 150ft x 20ft. It can be called the Clayton End statue
Old 13-06-2007, 23:00   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I'm with Alvin on this, after reading the thread I got to the picture and after ****ing myself laughing for 5 minutes I composed myself to reply. Come on people it's rubbish.
Whoever decided to spend £2000 on that needs their head seeing to, this smacks of Gayles top of the coppice thingy.
I'm eating some chocolate fingers and I've decided to mould them into a figure that I'm going to call "A Stanley Ultra", can I have £2000 to allow me to fullfill a dream, no, thought not.

I'm reminded of an episode of "That's Life" from the 80's where a woman paid a lot of money to get her dead pet cat stuffed and mounted. I remember they showed a picture of a sweet looking cat alive then they showed it after some cowboy had worked on it. Like the Moorhead statue I remember howling with laughter because that was a joke too.
think you're being unfair there oh pussy one... Some kid has thought about giving it a go, has got funding and and spent 250 hours putting it together...at least he didn't dedicate it to a rovers or burnley player...and why do people feel the need for it to look exactly like someone..it's a dedication to mullin's appearances and I for one admire the work that has gone into it!!

There said me bit now

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 23:14   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
think you're being unfair there oh pussy one... Some kid has thought about giving it a go, has got funding and and spent 250 hours putting it together...at least he didn't dedicate it to a rovers or burnley player...and why do people feel the need for it to look exactly like someone..it's a dedication to mullin's appearances and I for one admire the work that has gone into it!!

There said me bit now
get to bed it's late.
Old 13-06-2007, 23:23   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
get to bed it's late.
late??? nah still early for me

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 13-06-2007, 23:56   #27
God Member

gone to bed now?
Old 14-06-2007, 00:02   #28

At least it is clean & identifiable as a footballer, unlike the rusty bits of tin on the way up to Rovers Brockhole "academy", a misnomer of the word in most non rovers fans opinion! The club helped in the bid for Moorheads sports College status so a little payback is not too much to return the credit due & Mullers is the ideal local sportsman in recent times in the area to fit the bill, A tryer, true gent & the lad who put the ball in the back of the net to put us back where we belong-back in league football.
Old 14-06-2007, 00:53   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
gone to bed now?
no have you??

Old 14-06-2007, 08:16   #30
God Member

I'm with HR on this one. Although the actual statue may not be to everyone's taste, the kid who worked hard on it has shown excellent taste in dedicating it to a player who is a local lad and from the best team in Lancashire.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..