Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2010, 23:52   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Peter Cavanagh is Innocent

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2010, 23:57   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

this thread aint the brightest move ya ever made jase,
Old 23-02-2010, 00:00   #18
Senior Member+

Its a forum man, don't worry.

Some support the man like me, some don't like you. Nay bother....I hope if Cav is reading, then he appreciates the support from the ones who value his contribution to our history over 10 years at Acc.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 23-02-2010, 00:04   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

thats the point i'm trying to make, coleys been on tv wi positive vibes coming out, this can only make negatives. imho.
Old 23-02-2010, 00:12   #20
Senior Member+

Ah yes, I get it. Raking it all up.

Point taken, but Accyweb ain't exactly BBC1......

I am just very excited pal, its only 3 days till Torquay away weekender.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 23-02-2010, 00:17   #21
God Member

No one's trying to spread negative vibes or to convince anyone of anything. The ones who support, admire and respect Cav for all he's done for our club (and all he's been through in his time) just want to show that he hasn't been forgotten and that we'd love him to come back. Even aside from questioned sentiments I still think he could be the best full-back in this league. I won't be mithered if people disagree
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 05:25   #22
God Member

What went on cast the biggest cloud over the Club for many a year, things have moved on leave the past in the past!

This one really is a hornet's nest

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 06:54   #23
God Member

Can someone just remind me,,,was Cavs part in the' betting scandle' a 5 pound bet or was that one of the other players?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 07:20   #24
God Member

Yes Kiwi, Cav's alledged part was a 5 quid accumulator which he always maintained was put on by his brother in law, and the bet that day was not for a Bury win, he did not bet against his own team. I believed him at the time and still do, others didn't and never will - Jimmy & Coley have said they would love to have him back, dion't think they would if he had been guilty as charged
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 07:28   #25
God Member

Hehe willie whether u like it or not it looks like u opened a debate, i take it he's allowed back in april, good i hope he learnt a lot and can just keep it on field this time obviously earn his place back as other players have made consistant effort in the push in the league, legend maybe but its a team effort. To me stanley is legend till i die.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 07:55   #26

we have had him in the good times ..... he bet on us ..... got dun so keep away .... go back to the betting shop with rocky $$$$$$$
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 07:58   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

thing is some folk have sadly not been up the crown since last years fiasco. how many i have no idea,but 2 i am aware of, bumped into 1 a few weeks back n tried to convince him to return, he said he would at some point, aint seen him yet though, do people honestly think crap like this will bring more to return?
Old 23-02-2010, 08:06   #28

keep him away we could have been kick out league football too
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 08:07   #29
Super Moderator

OK, so by next April he's had his punishment and he should be given another chance...but not at Stanley. That's in the past now and should stay in the past.

Bringing him back, on top of taking the flags off the fans and hiring stewards with attitude problems...it all helps to drive the gates back down to the 500 mark!
Old 23-02-2010, 11:10   #30
Senior Member+

Hes loyal though!! It was a £5 bet!! He did nothing like the other players and even pleaded not guilty and also dont forget how bad he was treated by the f.a , they didnt give him a second look tbh! Cav still gets in the dressing room on home and away games and still watches most matches! Unlike the other players who dont at all, they got their ban and couldnt care less!! His heart is at Accrington and he shows it by coming etc.

He still even pleads not guilty, what if he isnt actually guilty?!!

Also aswell whats wrong with second chances, look at Lee Hughes for example!!!!

Bringing Cav back would be good for the team as hes a superb player and deserves his chance after all that he has done for the club!!!! Maybe people forget about his amazing captainancy!! Bringing him back also wouldnt bring the gates down at all, maybe 1 or 2, but if people arnt going to come because a player is coming back after serving his punishment then they arnt very loyal are they?!!

People do wrong in life and its the same for footballers. Bobby Grant and Ian Dunbavin have also brought shame on this club aswell by some of the things, we wouldnt not want them though?

Bring Cav back, im sure Coley will anyway!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..