Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 13:54   #1
God Member

Phil Terry .....

deepest condolences to the family and friends of Phil Terry who has sadly passed away. see fishy site for further details
Old 07-11-2008, 13:58   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Phil Terry .....

Very sorry to hear that...a really nice bloke and a veritable mine of information about Stanley. Condolences to his family.
Old 07-11-2008, 14:35   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Very sorry to hear that...a really nice bloke and a veritable mine of information about Stanley. Condolences to his family.

I too add my kindest thoughts and condolences to the many which will be flowing towards the Family of Phil Terry at what must be a sorrowful time for them all.
Phil was a great supporter of our club,and as Wyn rightly says, a veritable cornucopia of information about Accrington Stanley, and also about the Game of Football in General.
I will remember him as the Gentleman who always had time for a chat as how busy he was. The club will, I am sure remember him as a vital and willing participant in all that it has tried to achieve over the years.
I hope that it will not be out of place to mention in my posting that the Club has lost another dedicated supporter
by the passing of Brian Pilkington. Another true Gentleman
who loved , and over the years has shown tremendous interest and great pride in all that Accrington Stanley has meant to us since the FES was just a field with a cinder path surrounding it!.
It is when we lose such supporters of these two men that
the rest of us really know what it is to belong to the entity that is Accrington Stanley.
Long may their Memory remain with us all.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 14:43   #4
God Member

My condolences to both families. I remember Phil from his Colne days and he was always passionate about his football.
Old 07-11-2008, 15:41   #5
God Member

Deepest sympathy to Phil's family, he will certainly be missed at the club. And, no Yonmon I don't think it's out of place to remember Brian in this thread as well, a lovely man who was also Stanley through & through.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 16:01   #6
Senior Member+

My condolences to both families - two supporters who have gone but who will never be forgotten.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 17:06   #7
God Member

My sympathies to both families...Mr Pilkington I was not familiar with but any passing away is a tradgedy.but I'm fully aware of who Mr Terry is and his deep knowledge and love for Accrington Stanley.
They will both have a nice view from up there.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 17:23   #8
God Member

OMG! sad news indeed - just found out, Phil is a lovely amazing guy, he was like a member of my family to me [well honoured to be welcomed by him personally to the close nit stanley family] last game of last season & at the supporters do, lovingly taking micky out of me for hugging my asfc ball so tightly & not letting the chance of it disappearing whilst in the gazelle lounge which made him chuckle every time he saw me lol. Was so pleased to have shared that with him & will always be remembered - thro that ball.

Deepest & sincere condolences to his family & also not forgetting Brian's family too.

RIP Phil & Brian.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 17:31   #9
Senior Member+

RIP Phil & Pilky, will try and sort a fitting tribute for tomorrow

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 18:07   #10
Full Member+

I didn't know Brian Pilkington, but I shall always remember Phil Terry as a great bloke, passionate about football in general and, in recent years, about Accrington Stanley in particular. Condolences to both families. They will both be sadly missed.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 18:58   #11
God Member

Condolences to both families, only knew Phil and what a nice guy he was to talk too.
RIP Phil and Brian

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:15   #12
God Member

RIP to both Phil and Brian...two fantastic stanley through and through fans who will be greatly missed...my thoughts are with the both families xx

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:31   #13
Senior Member+

As someone who stood with Phil on matches and exchanged a lot of banter over the years, I'm very saddened by his passing and I'm going to miss his input very much.

Phil was a font of football related knowledge and his association with clubs throughout football at every level means that he will be missed by many, many people.

My deepest condolences to all Phil's family. RIP.
Old 08-11-2008, 21:35   #14

RIP Phil and Brian went into clubhouse after game Frank Martindale explained a piece bout Phil that we knew a little about condolences to both families
coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:58   #15

Thumbs up Re: Phil Terry .....

Only met phil a couple of times but a real gent and stanley to the bone,my sympathies to both families on their sad loss.bet there'll be some tales told about accy behind them pearly gates.

ACCY THROUGH AND THROUGH..
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..