Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2011, 09:31   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Plastic Pitches - Neighbours Don't See Eye to Eye

Well if thats the case,why are we training on rugby pitches!!!,which doesnt assist our pass and move,ball on the deck style!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2011, 16:19   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Good astro takes a lot of maintaining (though not as much skill), isn't cheap to run, and needs 100% replacement regularly, especially if used throughout the week. But it would cut out those stupid goal celebrations - you wouldn't want to slide on it unless absolutely necessary!! Good for hockey, but football - hmmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I am not convinced about the money-saving aspect. As Chimer has said, maintenance will still be needed. There will be extra secretarial demands - someone will have to keep track of bookings/chase payments (and non-payments) etc. There will have to be more security. In fact it could be necessary to appoint a "premises manager" or such like. Then there will be the cost of floodlights and incidentals such as extra insurance. Are other ground facilities such as changing rooms up to the required standard? I realise there will be income from hirers but would this be substantial enough? And no-one has yet offered an answer to a question I asked earlier. Where do we obtain the initial outlay of £500,000?
It wouldn't be astroturf thats were the savings come in. Astro is whats at sports centre what theyll be looking to get will be more advanced version of whats at soccerdome. Wembley stadium has plastic pitch and natural grass weaved together.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:40   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
Wembley stadium has plastic pitch and natural grass weaved together.
So the pitch at Wembley receives no maintenance, then?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 16:23   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
So the pitch at Wembley receives no maintenance, then?
I did say that it has natural grass which does need maintenance. Just thought it might be an interesting fact if people didnt no.
Old 08-12-2011, 16:57   #35

lol didnt
Old 08-12-2011, 17:00   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
It wouldn't be astroturf thats were the savings come in. Astro is whats at sports centre what theyll be looking to get will be more advanced version of whats at soccerdome. Wembley stadium has plastic pitch and natural grass weaved together.
Same sort of pitch at Burnley. From memory it's 3% plastic.
Old 09-01-2012, 19:16   #37
Senior Member+

For those who have sky,Irish league game now being played on astro-turf
Old 10-01-2012, 15:21   #38

New pitch being laid - Everton reserves play here too 500k cost
Attached Images
File Type: jpg large.jpg (28.5 KB, 20 views)
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 16:24   #39

On saturday My league game was called off due to weather and our manager organised a friendly on 3g pitch over in Bacup. Whilst, the benefits of maximised utilisation are great and could generate Stanley some finances, it just isnt the same. The game doesnt feel the same, the ball doesnt run the same, players dont apply themselves as much. Football is for grass end of.

The old saying - 'why try and fix what aint broken'
Old 10-01-2012, 20:09   #40
Senior Member+

to be honest i am old school,but you would never have know it was an artifical surface last night,and it did promote a high level of skill,was very impressed.
Then again theres nothing worse than playing on rock hard rutted piches at the beginning/end of a season.
Change will come as slide tackles will soon be outlawed
Old 11-01-2012, 16:45   #41
God Member

As part of the building schools for the future in Pendle the new schools were kitted out with 3G pitches which we used in Winter for training the kids from Colne FC as ASFC62 points out for doing drills on and basic traing it was great and was usualy on whatever the weather but when a game ensued the game is not the same sort of false in a way which made for unforced errors, nasty cuts as well as friction burns, the ball not running as you would expect and as soon as we went on grass for games it was like we were a completely different team.

Not sure how many of these facilities already exsist in Hynburn but if there are several it could already be a very competitive area already for business particularly as more Pubs close losing their football teams which in terms may mean less teams to use such facilities?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 05:24   #42
God Member

Article on the football legue website The Football League | News | Football League | FL News | League to consult on artificial surfaces

Plus a chance to take part in the consultation as a fan at the bottom of the article

SFFS
Old 02-06-2012, 10:29   #43
God Member

"artificial pitches are unlikely to be re-introduced after widespread opposition at the Football League's AGM"
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:19   #44
God Member

Latest from Portugal

BBC Sport - Artificial pitches consultation finds widespread opposition to plans

SFFS
Old 02-06-2012, 13:27   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
"artificial pitches are unlikely to be re-introduced after widespread opposition at the Football League's AGM"
Good.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..