Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 12:13   #1
God Member

Smile Player and Manager, of the month December!

Coca-Cola Manager and Player of the Month awards
Wednesday 6th Jan 2010

Coley and Phil Edwards shortlisted
The on the pitch achievements of Accrington Stanley in December have further been recognised with John Coleman and Phil Edwards listed in the shortlists for the Coca-Cola Manager and Player of the Month awards respectively.

John Coleman is named along with Keith Hill from Rochdale, Sammy McIlroy from Morecambe and Aldershot's Kevin Dillon. Stanley defender Phil Edwards is listed with Notts County striker Lee Hughes, Morecambe forward Phil Jevons and defender Craig Dawson from Aldershot.

Accrington Stanley won 5 out of 7 matches in December, including an FA Cup second round replay at Barnet that saw us through to the third round for only the second time in our recent history, and one of the defeats was at Leeds United in the area semi-final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, the furthest that we have ever progressed in the competiton.

May not win either, but along with the award for Symes, it is great to be in and around it!!! Good times for Stanley!

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2010, 12:16   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Player and Manager, of the month December!

Personally i think they deserve to win Decembers, given all the november crap,n what they achieved. also the leeds match, simon grayson said the best team lost. fantastic achievement IMHO.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:53   #3
God Member

Would love Phil to win this award, it's about time he got some recognition. Not sure about Coley (not cos he doesn't deserve it, just that the manager of the months award can be a jinx and we don't want that)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 13:44   #4
Senior Member+

When is the decision?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 14:23   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Would love Phil to win this award, it's about time he got some recognition. Not sure about Coley (not cos he doesn't deserve it, just that the manager of the months award can be a jinx and we don't want that)
Well said! It's just like when the Ultras sing "you might as well go home", which guarantees a goal for the opposition - always drives me nuts.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 14:27   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Never believed in Jinxs meself.
Old 06-01-2010, 16:57   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Never believed in Jinxs meself.
what about Pixie and Dixie?
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 18:12   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradshaw Boy View Post
what about Pixie and Dixie?
As I remember Jinx always hated those meeces to pieces.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 18:27   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
As I remember Jinx always hated those meeces to pieces.
yep he did and I was with him all the way
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 18:28   #10
God Member

You can usually work out the Manager Of the Month, it's normally awarded on points gained during the month.
Old 06-01-2010, 19:08   #11
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Second month in arow our coleys been in the running for manager of the month,and if he keeps getting the mentions then intrest will come from bigger clubs for his services IMHO.And with Phill been mentioned as well as player of the month ,Also he will attract intrest for his services as wellBut both deserve recognition for the hard work they have put in! With all that has gone on at our club to which it must have been difficult to consentrate on the football side of things
Old 06-01-2010, 20:53   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Second month in arow our coleys been in the running for manager of the month,and if he keeps getting the mentions then intrest will come from bigger clubs for his services IMHO.And with Phill been mentioned as well as player of the month ,Also he will attract intrest for his services as wellBut both deserve recognition for the hard work they have put in! With all that has gone on at our club to which it must have been difficult to consentrate on the football side of things
Which would you rather have progression, good football & success that will bring suitors or scrapping for our lives in a relegation dogfight constantly looking where our next three points are coming from to keep ahead of our rivals and going back to playing hoofball

I know what you are saying Mab I suppose the point I am trying to make is it a Double Edged Sword

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 21:08   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Which would you rather have progression, good football & success that will bring suitors or scrapping for our lives in a relegation dogfight constantly looking where our next three points are coming from to keep ahead of our rivals and going back to playing hoofball

I know what you are saying Mab I suppose the point I am trying to make is it a Double Edged Sword
quite right in my eyes, plus aint to concerned about coley, reckon he could teach Mr symes a thing or two about loyalty.
Old 06-01-2010, 21:14   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You can usually work out the Manager Of the Month, it's normally awarded on points gained during the month.
If it's judged on points per league game then Keith Hill will win.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 21:16   #15
God Member

he usually does

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..