Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2010, 22:17   #1
Senior Member+

Player's mindset for 2010/2011.

Elsewhere we are asked to suggest a suiable mindset for
all those who call themselves Fans of Accrington Stanley.
Perhaps we can proffer to our Manager and his Team some gems of wisdom which will elevate morale and effort, and ensure them that we are totally behind them in all they wil try to achieve !!.
Someone once said 'Think and behave like a Champion, and sooner or later you'll be a Champion !' so my pennorth of suitable support is just this....

“Champions aren’t made on King George's, Wilson's, or elsewhere. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”

Find that willpower Reds..and you'll be true Champions in our eyes !

ANY OTHER THOUGHTS ANYONE ??.

Last edited by yonmon; 02-08-2010 at 22:20.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2010, 23:26   #2

Re: Player's mindset for 2010/2011.

well put Yonmon.
am in agreement with previous posts that the 'doomed' predictions should be read out before the lads enter the arena for combat - there's nowt like folk writing you off to galvanise determination. On a personal note to our attackers, I would utter the the phrase 'NO FEAR' - drive into their penalty area and see what happens, let the defenders worry about you instead of backing off.Shots on target always - deflections count.Let the fans be your twelfth man. Sorry JC/JB, didn't mean to make you redundant !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:44   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the progress of our two main strikers last season, is a good example of what can be acheived at stanley, so onwards n upwards lads.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:56   #4
Senior Member+

As an addendum to my thread-starter, it has been suggested to me in an email that it might be an idea to suggest that users of our Forum suggest a mindset to be applied by our Owner(?)/Chairman(?) and CEO during the coming season !.
I suggested in my reply that this might just open a small can of worms, and should be left to lie !....
However..........
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:39   #5
God Member

I think our players mindset has been formidable during the past 12 months rising from dispair to hope, even with the embargo uncertainty on field play has been very focussed

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:31   #6
Senior Member+

If they can achieve even half of what we did last season, its a big plus!!

Added to the fact we have by FAR the best supporters in the league (maybe not in terms of numbers, but as for passion and noise, nobody comes close)
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..