Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2008, 23:58   #1

Smile Please Help a new fan

Hi, I have lived in the South all my life but will soon be moving to Blackburn because of work commitments. I fully intend to purchase a season ticket for Stanley next season especailly as the prises on offer are so good and the club has always intrigued me since those milk adverts years ago and I havea passion for football in the lower league and generally prefer to stand at matches so this level of football suits me.

When ordering the season tickets it gives you a choice of the main seated stand or terrace. My gut reaction is to go for the terrace as I like to stand and generally there always seems to be a better atmosphere there is that also correct at Stanley? Because I am a southerner though I have to confess to being a bit soft and dont like being in an uncovered stand when the weather is dodgy. would I be in the covered terrace part if I just ordered a terrace season ticket or uncovered?

Thanks to anyone that helped and I look forward to next year and the battle to stay in League 2 against the odds.

Neil
Neil2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2008, 00:05   #2
God Member

Re: Please Help a new fan

The terrace at the Clayton End (home-goal end) is covered and very vibrant in the middle.

As with most grounds the seated stand (only one at the moment) is populated mostly by the older end and children - although not exclusively and is the quieter of the two main areas.

Personally its the goal end for me every time as I'd rather stand and make noise at football than sit and be quiet. I'd stop at home and watch football on the telly if that was the case!

welcome to the family
Old 17-04-2008, 00:15   #3
God Member

Welcome Neil (what another Neil?? can we cope ) You must pick the clayton end which is down on the form as terrace. As Macca has said it is a covered stand and there is a bucket full...nah a sea full of atmosphere... come on get it bought and come and join us

Lets all stand up for stanley

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 06:17   #4
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Yes welcome Neil from one of the older end .
Old 17-04-2008, 07:37   #5
Super Moderator

Get yourself in the Clayton End, Neil. Cracking atmosphere, but if you go there, you'll never want to be in any other part of the ground. I'm 57 and should really be thinking about retiring to the stand, but the only way I'll leave is when they carry me out!
Old 17-04-2008, 08:54   #6
Senior Member+

You could always join the reprobates on the Whinney Hill terrace. Maybe not as lively as the Clayton End, but the biting satire more than makes up for it.
Old 17-04-2008, 09:12   #7
God Member

NEIL 2008...you are indeed a lucky bugga...as they all have said,its the Clayton End for you.I've never been there but I can hear them down here...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 11:51   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
You could always join the reprobates on the Whinney Hill terrace. Maybe not as lively as the Clayton End, but the biting satire more than makes up for it.
Surely, he won't be able to join you after this season, TM, as yourself, Oggy and the rest of the Whinney Hill diehards are due to be evicted to make way for the new stand?
Old 17-04-2008, 12:10   #9
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Surely, he won't be able to join you after this season, TM, as yourself, Oggy and the rest of the Whinney Hill diehards are due to be evicted to make way for the new stand?
What new stand?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 12:25   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
What new stand?
hmm not sure if that is a hint of sarcasm!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 13:42   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I think we may be ok for a little while yet Wynonie.
Old 17-04-2008, 14:08   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
I was under the impression work gets underway this summer as the new stand has to be completed by the end of next season.

BTW welcome to the forum and you will get a huge welcome from us all at ASFC, Neil

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 14:38   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Such cynicism...I have every faith that the workmen will be moving in, as soon as the final whistle blows at the end of the Bury game!
Old 17-04-2008, 16:44   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil2008 View Post
.... and I look forward to next year and the battle to stay in League 2 against the odds....
Well you seem to understand what you're letting yourself in for.

Welcome to Lancashire.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 17:37   #15
God Member

welcome neil the more the merriercmon you reds

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..