Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2009, 21:01   #61

Re: Port Vale

yea i agree mr o neil needs to start talking to the assf its the future the way forward at least ilyas is being honest
hasyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2009, 21:04   #62
God Member

Thanks to dan and 2br for allowing a portal to both sides to discuss the issue further and answer supporters q's as well as the commentry

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 21:13   #63
God Member

First of all I'm very happy that the team earned a point tonight. If we can play poorly (which by the sounds of it we did for the vast majority of the game) and grab points then we'll be more than ok this season. Well done Coley & the boys.

With regards to the radio interviews, I think we heard two very contrasting attitudes from Rob Heys and Ilyas Khan. I like Rob a lot, but he is (as he has been for years) forced by the club's overall murkiness to generally not say much at all. Ilyas Khan cuts the crap and "deals in facts, not fiction". We, the fans, want the latter attitude in our club. We want to be able to say that 'our club is up front with everything it makes and takes and we trust the club enough to donate our own cash'. We want to know how much debt the club has. We want to know what people in charge of the club actually do. We want to be safe in the knowledge that the people in charge have the funds necessary to help us through the lean times.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 21:13   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Thanks to dan and 2br for allowing a portal to both sides to discuss the issue further and answer supporters q's as well as the commentry
Hear Hear

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 21:36   #65
Senior Member+

good draw after falling behind! pleased for edwards to get a goal becauses he's a great defender and never gets the credit he desevers! proccy once again which is good. Drawing away games and winning home games i'd be happy with.

did not hear any of the comentry so can not say about it but i would personally like Ilyas to have more involment nd input by the ASSF ultras and everyone are doing a fine job of there own backs fund raising keep it up everyone! coley jimmy and the players doing there job great on the pitch aswell just need the mess sorted and we will go places. like onwards and upwards.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 21:38   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
lmao, found that funny tho didn't hear fish slice ? Lol
Thats coz I couldn't get my request in on time!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 21:54   #67
Senior Member+

just back from the the game and cant believe some comments saying they played poorly. Acci played port vale off the park hitting the post and bar , some of the football was again brilliant and but for conceeding in the fisrt 5 mins would have easily won the game
Port vale relied on set pieces and long balls were acci played from the back and at times pulled vale apart.just a little luck they would have come back with 3 points
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 22:11   #68
God Member

Those of us dependant on radio could only go off the commentry and was more fight back in 2nd half.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 22:30   #69
God Member

Smile Re: Port Vale

A draw was a fair result tonight! Both defences were suspect - Joyce at fault for their first - and the game was not a classic, but 1 - 0 and 2 - 1 down and still a point, cannot be a bad thing. Phils penalty was great - that how to hit them! Proccys equaliser was another great strike, he was one of the better ones tonight. We had chances to nick it at the end, but they had chances at 1 - 0 up, so a fair result and still 12th

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 00:00   #70
Dan
Senior Member+

Howdy
I should have better things to do at this time of night than this, but no rest for the wicked eh?

I hope tonight was a helpful exercise and that at least some information is now out in the open.

I take on board some of the criticism from earlier in the thread, and the buck stops here. If your question wasn't strongly worded enough or asked persistently enough I apologise. I did my best in the circumstances to got through as many questions as possible, get answers that were as clear as possible and also take into account the time constraints.

Rob has just texted me to ask about the possibility of doing an entire feature dedicated to this subject and concept - answering questions from supporters about off the field matters. I'll have to check whether this is going to be possible airtime wise, but it might be a possibility that I can record a longer, more detailed piece and put it on our website...

Anyway, the reason for the post is fundamentally to say that if this goes ahead, you can still get your questions to me. Same as before, email [email protected] or [email protected] - I'm also saving all the questions from tonight, and as promised will forward them on.

As for tonight's game - short on entertainment for me. Stanley played much the better football (it'd be hard to play worse football than Port Vale on this evidence!) but defended pretty poorly at times and weren't quite as coherent as we're now used to seeing. MUCH better than Hereford away, but still a point's a pretty fair result for me...

Lastly, and most importantly thanks for all your contributions (and I hope there's more to come) and thanks very much for listening.

Dan

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 00:13   #71
God Member

i thought that Stanley were very much in the game but the game itself was fairly poor. any resutl tonight was a fair one - we couldnt complain if we lost, but neither could Port Vale. The last ten minutes was where it was all at though. When we got the 2nd equaliser we could even have gone on to win it, I think it was Miles but might be wrong, who flashed a 30 yarder only inches over the stanchion in the dying seconds. Once again the noise levels were way above what you expect for our small numbers. But we must have had hundreds of fans there as the pie shed had run out of hot dogs and burgers before half time and more importantlym before I got there!
Old 30-09-2009, 00:24   #72
Senior Member+

morgue... - onevalefan.co.uk

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 00:58   #73
God Member

"there's more noise in Accy library" true
Old 30-09-2009, 01:21   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Quality!
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 08:14   #75
Senior Member+

I must have watched a different game ! as even the port vale posters said acci were the best team they have played all season , including the carling cup !
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..