Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2015, 18:20   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Portsmouth Match Thread

good fighting display from the team but what a pity J.C. had super-glued the subs to the bench
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2015, 18:36   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
good fighting display from the team but what a pity J.C. had super-glued the subs to the bench
Unbelievable! He seems to deliberately invite stick from the fans.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 19:00   #18
Senior Member+

We should have won today but after the sending off we did well to hang for a draw. We could have done with 'fresh' legs towards the end but all of our lads ran their hearts out. Procky had a very busy game and Pierro was our main threat again. Super free kick from Josh right in front of the Clayton End. Matt Crooks played well in the second half and he seems to be warming to his new position.
THE REF WAS TOTALLY INEPT!
I also thought that the lads and lasses in the Clayton End were excellent today.
Another point closer to the safety of 50+ points!
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 19:13   #19

Went to the game today with my son who is in the academy. And believe me some good players in there.
For what it's worth I though Accy shaded the first half. I was impressed with Gornell up front who worked really hard and troubled the Pompey back 3. Also thought crooks did well at the back apart from 1 mistake in 2nd half.
Accy played the better football today - and the atmosphere was great. Good luck for rest of season.
Greeny likes this.
Stanleyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 20:53   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
It looked like a sending off from my viewpoint also.
In the past the football genius has criticised the crowd for questioning his tactics and team selections on the basis that they are not qualified coaches, he even went as far as hurling foul-mouthed abuse at a member of the crowd. Could I be so bold as to ask which (if any) refereeing qualifications he holds to justify his constant haranguing and berating of match officials? The man is an embarrassment to the club. What does he think he's going to achieve with this behaviour?
If your going to make things up and look for any excuse to hate Coleman, at least think of something good.

The standard of referees this season has been the worst in memory, he is well within his rights to have ago at them when they are so inept.

Last edited by DAV007; 07-03-2015 at 20:56.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 21:07   #21

Ref had a shocker. Never a sending off.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 21:13   #22
God Member

If only they had league placings for refs. By the way, did I read on the Fishy site before the game that the ref had not issued any red cards before today. Perhaps he has to up his figures.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 07-03-2015 at 21:15.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 22:16   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If only they had league placings for refs. By the way, did I read on the Fishy site before the game that the ref had not issued any red cards before today. Perhaps he has to up his figures.
Yeh did read that on fishy Exile, think hed only had 4 games or 6, can't recall which, though that aint surprising cos he was shocking.
Old 07-03-2015, 23:32   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thought Windass was very good again, but in my view he needs to learn to chase the keeper down, he missed a good few opportunitys today to do so, those are instances were goals can be snaffled in my eyes.
..of course I've never seen him play, but your above opinion on is spot on for any striker (or nearest player to the ball). Its the first
thing I tell the forwards about in the kids teams unfortunate enough to have me as a coach..Interestingly , when Jonathan Gould, (now at WBA as GK coach) was coaching the local side here, his strikers retreated back to the halfway line the mo the ball was heading , with a bias, the oppo GKs way. Put the ****** under pressure. Every now and then they will cock up.
cashman likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:45   #25
Senior Member+

Watched the sending off and have changed my mind,it was a sending off as his foot was off the floor.
The ref got it right and had a great view,pity about many of the other decisions.
That's why I rarely criticise them as I was close to the tackle and got it wrong
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:29   #26
Resting in Peace

Here you go, about 1hr 11mins in. Players should wear proper heavy duty boots and shinpads like we did in the good old 50's!

BBC iPlayer - The Football League Show - 2014/2015: 07/03/2015
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:08   #27
God Member

Spot on red card as I thought on the ground credit must go to John and Jimmy for getting our players determination and attitude first class if we had put the chances away in that 15 min spell first half we would have been out of sight 10 or 11 men if we can keep nucleus of this squad and a couple of cute JC signings could be interesting next season well done Reds against a so called big team ps great atmosphere by both sets of fans yesterday hope 1 or 2 neutrals come back for the York game.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:34   #28
Full Member+

I had a clear view of the red card as did the linesman it was one of those tackles that could be given either way, The red did seem harsh but depending on the angle the ref made a call. The linesman did not see it the same way and could have been more helpful all round. It was a much improved performance although panicky at times. We missed the cool head of Nicky hunt, and the presence of Adam Buxton. we should have made at least two subs for the last 20 mins, Proctor was struggling badly as was gornal. Josh took his goal well but on other occassions showed a little inexperience. Our long passing is terrible, we rarely hit the target. when we get into a multiple heading situation we inevitably lose as we must be the shortest team in the division. we should stick to playing on the floor, we are at our best when attacking. Piero was fabulous and led by example. Yet we send our best striker out on loan to Northampton and signed a youngster from Burnley and then didn't play him?????? The goalkeeper seemed very nervous and his distribution was poor and slow at times. Again I will state I not a coleman hater or lover but his judgement is questionable to date. I don't know what his restraints are with players, finance etc. But I do know he is a touch tactically naive.
I do think the club or Manager need to make a statement on the James Gray situation as it seem to have caused a lot of consternation amongst supporters. But it was good game all round just spoiled by poor quality officials.
Redraine and cashman like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:07   #29

My guess is not wanting to upset the status quo when everybody is defending so well? Who do you take off when everybody is putting such a shift in? It's a gamble..like making subs on a corner. Four points taken from Pompey...he clearly hasn't a clue.
baldy likes this.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:15   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nor have you Alvin, if yeh couldn't see some tired players out yon in last 15/20 mins

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..