Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2015, 11:41   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Portsmouth Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nor have you Alvin, if yeh couldn't see some tired players out yon in last 15/20 mins
totally agree cashman
the team on the pitch played their hearts out but they were plainly very tired, being down to ten men fresh legs were needed, we were very lucky to survive the Pompy onslaught (team rating 10 out of 10) manager rating no comment
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2015, 11:55   #32
Senior Member+

Substitutions are always going to be difficult,against Shrewsbury we made them and lost.
Fresh legs don't always work.
The only one I would have contemplated would have been lids for Kai,as they got a bit of joy down that channel once they stretched the game.
Thought piero was excellent again and really is wired in to how to play wingback,unbelievable fitness and reading of a game
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:24   #33
Full Member+

I thought the ref had a decent game, much better officials now than 30 years ago.

Decent point too, shame about the corner but the keeper had already made 3 good saves before the Stanley goal.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 18:10   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
totally agree cashman
the team on the pitch played their hearts out but they were plainly very tired, being down to ten men fresh legs were needed, we were very lucky to survive the Pompy onslaught (team rating 10 out of 10) manager rating no comment
And who coaches the players? Who works on organisation and defensive drills and marking positions etc.

Getting silly now. If we lose its Coleys fault. If we win or draw its "despite" him...almost cost them etc. But at the same time they aren't playing for him. How does that work? If we'd have subbed and conceded it would be "why did he change it when we were holding on so well".

We also have constant criticism of "hoofball" at the same time as were apparently "trying to walk the ball into the net". Which is is?

Slate all you want...but a tiny bit of credit where it's due. What about the transformation of Windass under JC's stewardship. Good luck I suppose rather than giving him a run of games denied by his predecessor?
baldy and DAV007 like this.
Old 08-03-2015, 18:19   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I thought the ref had a decent game, much better officials now than 30 years ago.

Decent point too, shame about the corner but the keeper had already made 3 good saves before the Stanley goal.
Rob Lewis did NOT have a good game yesterday Chewbacca, although his reading and punishment of Anthony Barry's red-card challenge was accurate !.
Here is another official who is in the twilight of his refereeing career and really needs to be put out to grass !. Still if the FA keep giving him appointments for which I am sure he pockets a moderate fee, then I expect that he'll struggle on for as long as he can !.
One thing he can be disappointed in was the quality, or lack of it ?, of his Main Stand side
Assistant who missed so many infringements during the match. He could not have been a bona fide official I'm sure so poor was his contribution to the control of the game !.
But whether at home or away The Reds seem to have to put up with at least one of the Refereeing quartet who either makes or fails to make THAT decision which affects the result of the game....and costs them a point at least !. This happened once again yesterday !.

But well done the Reds for a sterling defensive effort against a decent Pompey team and against the odds. What is to be admired even more is the level of fitness of our players which allows them to make such telling performances.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 18:28   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Please highlight were anyones said they aren't playing fer coleman Alvin? That should be easy, given yer not a numpty, The complaint is simple, there were tired legs out yon yesterday, and not replaced, That shouldn't be beyond yeh to grasp surely?
Old 08-03-2015, 18:52   #37
Resting in Peace

Alvin, there were 70 teams in action in England yesterday from the Premier league, FA Cup and the football league. 69 teams made substitutions, the majority subbing 3 players. One team made no subs at all. Does that not seem a little strange to you? Or were none at all of the others "holding on so well" as you put it? Perhaps you will cast me as one of Davo's Coley haters for merely pointing out these facts!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 19:25   #38

I've just watched the extended highlights from yesterday and it wasn't just gallant defending that got the point it was poor finishing and a bit of luck as well.

Portsmouth missed a very good chance in the last 15 minutes from a close range header which went passed the post then hit the crossbar near the end.

I was surprised by how many decent chances they had in the first half hitting the bar and having two goal bound efforts beating the keeper and being cleared.

The sending off looked justified with studs being up and catching the portsmouth player quite high. And Piero was lucky not to get booked for that dive that Gray would have been proud of .

In the end it is a good point won with ten men. Perhaps a sub up front such as McCarten may have gave us a chance of a breakaway or forced them to leave men back, who knows, but in the end it is one game closer to safety and most of the other games went our way at the bottom.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 20:06   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Alvin, there were 70 teams in action in England yesterday from the Premier league, FA Cup and the football league. 69 teams made substitutions, the majority subbing 3 players. One team made no subs at all. Does that not seem a little strange to you? Or were none at all of the others "holding on so well" as you put it? Perhaps you will cast me as one of Davo's Coley haters for merely pointing out these facts!
Well i wasn't aware of that fact,cheers Redraine. So therefore "All" the football league managers felt it was a good idea to use subs, bar ours. That says it all.
Old 08-03-2015, 20:13   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Please highlight were anyones said they aren't playing fer coleman Alvin? That should be easy, given yer not a numpty, The complaint is simple, there were tired legs out yon yesterday, and not replaced, That shouldn't be beyond yeh to grasp surely?
Chubbyman announced to the world that he had lost the dressing room.

DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 20:17   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well i wasn't aware of that fact,cheers Redraine. So therefore "All" the football league managers felt it was a good idea to use subs, bar ours. That says it all.
Dear the genius that is Redraine and his trusty mate Cashman,
have yoy checked all 69 other teams?
And all those teams who played in Scotland and Wales?

As I have already found 1 team that didnt make any subs.

Is it against the law not to make subs?

When are you going to put your genius into action and manage a league 2 club?

Answers on a postcard
Redraine likes this.
Old 08-03-2015, 20:50   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I dont know Redraine Dav, like you i only met him once years back. No its not against the law, But yer down to 10 men n the lads are tiring visibly its commonsense, perhaps that will hit you one day?
Old 08-03-2015, 21:03   #43
Senior Member+

We where down to 10 men, we hung on for a draw.

It would seem to me the manager made the right call unless you where expecting us to go on and win the game?
Old 08-03-2015, 21:23   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Please highlight were anyones said they aren't playing fer coleman Alvin?
Well as you asked ..... and please do remember I try to be neutral regarding your endless inter-factional arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Sorry, but for me the guy hasn't got a clue about man management. He's caused more rifts and divides between himself and the playing staff of this club, past and present, than can be described in one post. He's personally brought about the end of Stanley careers of some bloody skilled players and good servants of this club due to his own sheer bloody mindedness.
Quote:
Obvious to me how clueless our manager is, no doubt will be called a hater once again, I said a couple of weeks ago i could envisage team spirit draining away, well now the flow seems to have increased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Absolute clown, no doubt he has lost the dressing room whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
I agree we didnt deserve to win tonight, little passion, little desire.... Are they playing for the manager??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Disappointed with Coleys remarks on Tom,the lengths I know some of what he has gone through to get on the pitch to keep his appearance run going.Coley knows what's gone on ,if he suggests Tom isn't being honest he could have had a doctor look at him.Coley has lost the dressing room, I repeat Coley has lost the dressing room and he just wants to blame everyone but himself,the problem is that if you play well you stand a good chance of being dropped.
baldy and maccawozzagod like this.
Old 08-03-2015, 21:34   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Chubbyman announced to the world that he had lost the dressing room.

As you know DAV I can back the statement up to the hilt....and some
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..