Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2015, 23:04   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Portsmouth Match Thread

Having watched the highlights, I too think Barry's tackle was a red card. But for the remainder of the match, it was like watching all in wrestling without any punishment given by the match official. How Portsmouth ended the match with 11 on the field I do not know. Great defending in the last 30 minutes, but for my penny's worth, I thought Stanley were even better when down to 10, so much so, I thought we might go on and win the match. I do understand where folks are coming from with the no substitutions, a strange decision to my mind, I personally would have brought on Liddle, Bruna and the new lad from Burnley to freshen up the team, however, our esteemed manager thought better of it, who am I to criticise? Onwards and upwards for the next match.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-03-2015, 07:46   #47
Resting in Peace

Me, Genius Davo? Not really, I just stated the facts for every English team as printed in the Sunday Times results. Nice compliment anyway thanks! So where on earth did you find a team outside England that didn't make any subs? Faroe Islands? Quatar? Liechtenstein? I would love to know of any other manager with the same revolutionary plan as Coley.
DAV007 likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:48   #48
Resting in Peace

Another good interview from Coley. From my position on the Clayton End I couldn't really call the Piero penalty shout but it looked a clear foul as Coley says. Did he say the ref admitted there was contact, in which case it should have been given? He was speaking a bit low again for me!
Old 09-03-2015, 08:55   #49
Senior Member+

Not saying Coley was right or wrong to not use any substitutes but just out of curiosity, for the people saying he should have changed things, who would you have taken off and put on in place of?
Old 09-03-2015, 09:31   #50
Senior Member+

Portsmouth after match interview, great to see J C focusing on our teams performance & the match official and resisting from having a pop at the fans
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:00   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well Baldy Gornell n Proccy looked real knackered so theres 2 fer starters.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:13   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
So where on earth did you find a team outside England that didn't make any subs? Faroe Islands? Quatar? Liechtenstein? I would love to know of any other manager with the same revolutionary plan as Coley.
Well, Davo, what's the answer?
Old 09-03-2015, 10:27   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
The Total Silence is Your Answer !!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:29   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
the only other team not to use a Sub in the Eng. Scots & welsh Football Leagues on 7th march 2015 was Brechin City scots L1
I wonder if there has ever been another team that have played the last 40 mins with 10 men and not used a sub though

Last edited by accybeme; 09-03-2015 at 10:37.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:34   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Amazing given that Dav is always quoting facts.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:35   #56
Senior Member+

from what i have seen over the years,coleys teams are always as fit if not fitter than the opposition.
one of the reasons is he likes his teams to play an high line and press the ball.
On saturday some players put a real shift in,and although tiring,we retained our shape well,which is probably why he was reluctant to change it.
Think we should be concentrating on players performances rather than subs.
Thought Rob has come through a sticky patch and is now back on form and Crookes positional play is getting better with each game (got a great touch for a big lad).
Windass for me is a attacking right sided player but wont dislodge Pierro !!,so its a learning curve for him,and three goals suggests hes listening
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:14   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007
If your going to make things up and look for any excuse to hate Coleman, at least think of something good.

The standard of referees this season has been the worst in memory, he is well within his rights to have ago at them when they are so inept.
Ohh, I get it now, Coleman's allowed to mouth off at anyone and everyone, but woe betide anyone who should criticise your god.

By the way, I agree about the standard of refereeing but they're bad for every team not just Stanley. You've heard the old saying 'What goes around comes around'?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:56   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
from what i have seen over the years,coleys teams are always as fit if not fitter than the opposition.
one of the reasons is he likes his teams to play an high line and press the ball.
On saturday some players put a real shift in,and although tiring,we retained our shape well,which is probably why he was reluctant to change it.
Think we should be concentrating on players performances rather than subs.
Thought Rob has come through a sticky patch and is now back on form and Crookes positional play is getting better with each game (got a great touch for a big lad).
Windass for me is a attacking right sided player but wont dislodge Pierro !!,so its a learning curve for him,and three goals suggests hes listening
The subs is one thing that could have cost us on Sat, so its worth talking about, very fortunate it didn't, but you my friend always try to divert away from Coleman.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:00   #59

Quote:
I think it was a Jamaican Transvestite XI
Chubbyman likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:08   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
the only other team not to use a Sub in the Eng. Scots & welsh Football Leagues on 7th march 2015 was Brechin City scots L1
Understandable, that one, as they "dominated the match from start to finish" according to their website.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..