Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2006, 18:01   #1
Senior Member+

premium tv website?

how come the club doesnt have one of these every other club in the football league seems to have one not that there is anything wrong with the fishy site
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2006, 18:09   #2
God Member

Re: premium tv website?

every club has to have one but they dont have to use it ...the club choose not to use it based on a unanimous feedback thread to use the existing one...more to do with please stay away from premium rather than fishy site better

the club looked into alternative sites that can offer more than the current fishy site.. such as video.. theres no way that can be done at the moment with existing site,, they decided to keep this one for now but presuming still in league next season i would expect that to change.... but certainly nothing written in stone..
Old 30-12-2006, 19:00   #3
Senior Member+

I think Stanley's excellent and distinctive website linked to a lively forum has been one of its strengths.

Perhaps it could do more features and interviews.

I remember the days back in the late nineties when I frequently had to rely on a supporter's unofficial site to get Unibond Scores for the Club on a Saturday night.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 19:02   #4
God Member

would love to have lots of features and stuff on there... but not many people want to contribute....

perhaps if i add "asia" to the url?

ooer was that bitchy of me...sorry

Old 31-12-2006, 15:34   #5

I think the current site is absolutely spot on. I've never been terribly impressed with any other club's premium tv website when I've had cause to visit them.

Any new site should, IMHO, at least use the current site as the basis for any improved version. It's easy to navigate, it's obvious where everything is and it looks good.

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 15:36   #6
God Member

Fanx fatso

however .. like anything else it could be improved.. i would love to get more people involved offring more content...

reminds me... best take the crimbo lights down today..
Old 31-12-2006, 16:04   #7
Senior Member+

I agree about keeping the site. I think some of the premium sites are very iffy. We have an excellent site with plenty of interesting links - that actually work. One or two of the articles need to be updated and the player profiles never seem to be quite up-to-date. But that does not detract from the overall quality of the site which is distinctively ours.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 16:13   #8
God Member

yeagh Rob again with player profiles.... Phil terry does an excellent job of getting the info together and updating them in real life..... I then made a simple editor for Rob to update them online and thats where it falls over.... I aint knocking rob as he has masses to do... i would hate to try and do his job.. or hannahs .. there run off there feet most of time.... I wanted to give the club as much control as possible over the website hence the editors for them to update it themselves....

I may take back a few bits.... if only there where volounteers ... i think only MikeA is a regular now as he puts together the report links every game
Old 31-12-2006, 16:16   #9
God Member

I'll do a bit if theres something I can help with, don't want to be writing any reports or anything like that though

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 16:25   #10
God Member

One thing missing from the site is an updated league table.. We could do with a page that shows latest results and league table for our division.. maybe also upcoming weekly fixtures for teams in our div...

It would need changing every week and hopefully on match days as soon as the info available

Shall I put you down for that K ?
Old 31-12-2006, 16:33   #11
God Member

I could do it on a Saturday, sometimes it wouldn't be done till the evening though, but that would be the case if you do it and was travelling back from an away match wouldn't it.
One that would hold me back is for the mid week games with working shifts, I would try my best to do them but couldn't promise the mid week changes

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 16:35   #12
God Member

I ahve a feeling thats a yes then?

its on my white board to add a page and editor... next 48 hrs hopefully
Old 31-12-2006, 17:39   #13

I could give K.S.H a hand with the midweek ones or if i can help in any other way just let me know, but same as K.S.H dont really want to do match reports, but dont mind lending a hand if anything needs doing.
Old 01-01-2007, 16:31   #14
Senior Member+

yes mr k i would give a hand i would mind writing a report or anything to help keep the site up to date
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:18   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
I could do it on a Saturday,
so eeerm what happened? I set this up end of last week Ken.. sent you a PM with all details.. now monday .... not pushing or owt just wondering ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..