Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2005, 16:46   #31

Re: Prendergast to Southport?

Think he has gone to Halifax on loan ............ should be an interesting Xmas then.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?h...ference_League
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2005, 18:35   #32
Junior Member+

prendergast is nothing compared to roberts and richarson no even williams could keep rory quiet his only good skill is diving and now roberts is just as good at that
Irish 91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 18:49   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm
Think he has gone to Halifax on loan ............ should be an interesting Xmas then.
Welcome to the 21st century Shurm.
Old 27-11-2005, 01:09   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish 91
prendergast is nothing compared to roberts and richarson no even williams could keep rory quiet his only good skill is diving and now roberts is just as good at that
I think that is a complete load of balls, yes I agree Roberts is better, but only because of consistency. On his day, Rory is an absolute storming winger, unfortunately he has too many off days. His stats from his days in the conference tell the whole story, he had the most crosses in the league I think, and quite a few assists too. He was a bad diver, which used to shame me, tbh. When people used to refer to the club as 'Cheats', when it was only Rory was very saddening.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 07:18   #35

Well they lost yesterday, it was all going so well till he arrived, eh ? 2-0 loss, and he played the full 90:

Halifax: Legzdins, Haslam, Quinn, Ingram (Atherton 7), Wright, Forrest, Thompson, Foster, Prendergast, Grant, Killeen (Senior 68).
Subs Not Used: Young, Mansaram, Bowler
Old 27-11-2005, 07:19   #36

No fear now, if scarborough can keep him quiet ......
Old 27-11-2005, 08:38   #37
Senior Member+

agree with you frank, on his day rory is a terrific player but we didn't see enough of those days..I also think until he cuts his play acting part of his game he will always be remebered by football fans as a "cheat". I just hope gary roberts doesn't believe the hype and his performances do not falter as i think Rory's did
Old 27-11-2005, 10:28   #38
Senior Member+

Rory went downhill once Gordon Armstrong had told him he was good enough to play in the Football League. From that point on he was 'too big' for the Conference.

The fact that Blackpool were struggling to get a midfield together for yesterday's game and they still sent Prendergast out on loan, tells me that his days at Blackpool are numbered.

I'm not saying anything that I haven't said before, so nobody can accuse me of hypocrisy. The point is, Prendergast was a decent player on his day (an excellent crosser, etc), but he has an awful attitude and it wouldn't surprise me if he thinks himself too big for Halifax right now. Having said that, I think he'll sign for them in January, if they still want him.
Old 27-11-2005, 11:35   #39

Oooopppps ...............
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 16:39   #40
Senior Member+

spot on Mr Copper Ape....

Rory's head was his biggest weakness & our team spirit & morale was never right with him at the club. Once he realised "bigger" clubs were in for him, we did right getting rid

Team spirit seems as high as Unibond One days (when you could hear the changing room from the top o'coppice after a win) & that is a credit to the management team. You don't always need the best players to have the best "team" & again I credit John, Jimmy & Cookie

Only thing that Rory could teach Gary is that final telling cross as Gary's a faster player, better at beating people & shooting. Rory's final ball was his greatest asset. Gary will develop that with time .......

On Stanley On!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..