Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2011, 20:34   #1
God Member

PROTEST MARCH - important info

due to information received tonight I will not advocate or take part or 'organise' any form of official Protest March.

As much as I would like to do anything I can to rid the club permanently of Whalley and O'Neil (in that order) I do not believe, at this moment in time, that it would be in the best interest of the club.

I will dig deeper into the 'officialness' of doing the march so that at a more appropriate time it can still be done, and done quickly but for now (AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED) its off.

By no means here am I trying to claim that it was all my idea, or that I was a sole organiser, or anything like that - its more of a disclaimer to anything happening to be honest.

Should anybody else wish to take on the mantle of the march then that's their call.

Feel free though to continue with getting angrier by the day, especially as more information comes to light. PLEASE GO TO EVERY GAME FROM HERE ONWARDS and make sure that your voice of discontent is heard. But as a word of warning should any kind of mass protest in an arranged manner take place on the clubs property then there would be a likely police bill for around £5k and anybody stepping out of line would face a ban as well as legal proceedings as appropriate.

Let's keep everything legal and above board but more than anything else RAISE YOUR VOICES in every corner of the ground.
Old 16-02-2011, 21:09   #2

Re: PROTEST MARCH - important info

Point taken and well made Macca. However it just sticks in the throat how any action taken is constantly undermined by the need to follow rules and procedures when the men who were to be protested against have done anything but.
Old 16-02-2011, 21:18   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

So can yeh tell us the reason or what Rob?
Old 16-02-2011, 21:18   #4
God Member

exactly Alvin.

However, I think that a protest would be a waste of time entirely as hopefully things will have kicked on by that point.

Sorry Cashy I was getting to it - will put on another thread mate

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..