Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2010, 08:38   #31
Super Moderator

Re: Putterill and Parkinson agree deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
The few others include me Mr H
Sorry, Chimer, didn't put it very well there. I was actually directing my post at Davo and including your name on the list of longterm Stanley fans who witnessed the death throes at Peel Park.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-07-2010, 08:44   #32
Senior Member+

you just dont get it

If oneill is the chairman/owner, he can not afford to let stanley go bust as it will have a detrimental effect on his other businesses and his ability to run them.
It would force him to sell up or at least sell half of his share ownership to an investor.

We al want an owner/chairman with the ability to cover the clubs short comings, invest in the clubs long term goals and improve the stadium infastructure.

You think its achievable by protest with banners and songs - I agree this will have an effect but will not be enough.
I believe the greatest effect is to starve him of the 2 things he wants, money and status.
So why not do both, have banners and chants at away games highlighting the problem, and leave him with an empty stadium at home games.
He will soon get the message.
Its your call, I respect your decision.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 09:02   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
We al want an owner/chairman with the ability to cover the clubs short comings, invest in the clubs long term goals and improve the stadium infastructure.
That I agree with. But there's no evidence that any such person exists who has the resources and wants to take it on. And if I had the resources, I wouldn't invest them in a club with no visible home support.
Old 24-07-2010, 09:04   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
That I agree with. But there's no evidence that any such person exists who has the resources and wants to take it on. And if I had the resources, I wouldn't invest them in a club with no visible home support.
Touche Chimer, nice one

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 09:13   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
you just dont get it

If oneill is the chairman/owner, he can not afford to let stanley go bust as it will have a detrimental effect on his other businesses and his ability to run them.
It would force him to sell up or at least sell half of his share ownership to an investor.
You make it all sound so easy, but I'm sure the reality would be a lot more messy and complicated than that and we're simply not prepared to take risks with our beloved club. We've lost it once, we don't want to do it again.

Apart from that, there's the little question of the effect it'll have on the team. Can you imagine how their morale will suffer, playing in a largely empty stadium with the only noise coming from a couple of hundred away fans on the Coppice End? Can you imagine Coley's and Jimmy's reaction to all this?

Davo, face it, you're flogging a dead horse. There are some fans who are staying away because of O'Neill and that's their right, but the majority of us will be there next season. And it's not through any support for O'Neill, it's because we support Coley and the lads and the club!

I was hoping you'd change your mind, but I can see that I'm banging my head against a brick wall, so carry on with your boycott...at least it'll give you a chance to catch up with all those little jobs around the house.
Old 24-07-2010, 09:34   #36
Senior Member+

Its not easy, neither is siting back and watching the club go into a state of stagnation.

If we are to live within a new budget and break even, it wil be increadibly hard to stay up.
Especially with a chairman who will not put his own money into the club.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 09:42   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Its not easy, neither is siting back and watching the club go into a state of stagnation.

If we are to live within a new budget and break even, it wil be increadibly hard to stay up.
Especially with a chairman who will not put his own money into the club.
That is true, at the same time though my opinion is Coley deserves support fer what he has acheived in virtually impossible circumstances, can't see he gets much off those 2, so deserves better off us.
Old 24-07-2010, 17:55   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That is true, at the same time though my opinion is Coley deserves support fer what he has acheived in virtually impossible circumstances, can't see he gets much off those 2, so deserves better off us.
That's it...says it in a nutshell for me.
Old 24-07-2010, 18:22   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
The biggest message u could send o'neill is an empty stadium. Just like the glazers and hicks .& gillette, verbal chants, protests, banners and emailing and phoning their businesses each and every day has had no effect.
I think you may just be wrong on this point, it is widely known that Man Utd have put up for sale 5,000 season tickets. Yet the club supposedly has a book with over 60,000 people waiting for a season ticket. i.e. 12 people for every 1 ticket. Not an empty stadium, because that will never happen at United. Accrington Stanley cannot afford to have only an away crowd. The loss of revenue would lead to another 1963, which as others have said they remember only to well (and I am another one of them). It must not be allowed to happen again EVER. Ilyas Khan has said he trusts our managing director and CEO so why don't you. Yes they have made mistakes and continue to disagree on certain points e.g. accounts! but we have to live with this situation unless someone comes in with a cool couple of million, which I do not have unless I come up on the lottery tonight and even then I don't believe I would have enough funding for the club.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 20:09   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
I believe the greatest effect is to starve him of the 2 things he wants, money and status.
I'm not convinced that these are the 2 things he wants.

If we take money first of all, surely even he must know that there is no money to be obtained by being Chairman (or whatever) of ASFC. None of the Dragons would support such a hopeless cause.

I don't think he wants status either. If he did, he would behave quite differently. He would be open and honest and thus gain the respect of the fans. That would be a huge start in acquiring status.

We rated Ilyas because he saved the club financially. But we rated him also because he was open and honest. Transparency disappeared when he ceased to be formally involved with the club.

If David O'Neill wants status, all he has to do for starters is to tell it as it is. Once we can trust his words, maybe then we can see him making positive moves to do the things that have to be done - and at the right time, before they become overdue and thus lead to yet another crisis.

Having said that I don't think he wants money or status, I really don't know what he does want.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 20:33   #41

Come on fellas, there are lots of "slag off the chairman" threads. This one was supposed to be about a couple of signings.

And on that subject, i went to Northwich today and saw a promising performance from Putterill as well. The other trialists on view all had good games also, particularly the Centre half (No.5) and the right back (No.2)

It's only pre-season but i think the team/squad is shaping up quite nicely. Some of the slick passing football today was excellent. What a decent ground the Vics have as well.

Good day, enjoyed it. roll on Haig Ave on tuesday night.

Last edited by Larry Lobster; 24-07-2010 at 20:36.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 21:03   #42
Senior Member+

You make a valid point, Larry. But I'm not sure if there are a lot of the threads that you mention. The worrying thing is that so many other threads seem to veer towards that subject sooner or later.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 21:46   #43

That was my point really, that many of the threads end up with the same discussion. Sometimes it's good to read a positive thread.

And there's plenty to be positive about. Stanley are about to embark on another season in the football League. That's "The Football league", not the Evo-Stik league or the House builders federation league. Just being here is success, staying here equals more success and pushing for a top 7 finish would be just fantastic.

The squad will be full of players with a point to prove, the manger is top notch and still as keen as mustard to succeed at the Crown Ground and the new pitch should hopefully mean no blank weekends in January and February.

Amazing what a 3-0 away win at Northwich Victoria does for my confidence, that and another pint of kronenberg!!
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 00:58   #44

personally prefer beer to lager, but cheers for the tonic of a positive post Larry - makes me forget for a time the worries we still have just under the surface.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 08:39   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Observer reports that both Ray Putterill and Andy Parkinson have agreed deals ahead of the upcoming League Two campaign.

JC still in talks with Bateson,Jukes and Boulding.
Boulding and BAteson have both agreed to sign according to todays Bellylaugh

Coleman wants to add more to Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..