Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2009, 10:14   #1

Quote from Lazarus

"we’re still quite hopeful that we’ll find the money.". Lazarus LET 9th Oct 09.

Is this the best she can up with???.

I am "hopeful" they will find the money as well.
Does not fill me with a lot of confidence though.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Quote from Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Casper View Post
quite hopeful
WHAT is THAT about?

"QUITE HOPEFUL" ?????????????????

Also from LET today:-

"Accounts published this week showed the club made a loss of £153,455 between May 2007 and May 2008. Net assets were worth £18,351 in May 2008, down from £256,820 the year before, while creditors totalled £740,986 – up from £368,037."

This isn't very pretty, is it ...................?
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:17   #3
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
"Accounts published this week showed the club made a loss of £153,455 between May 2007 and May 2008. Net assets were worth £18,351 in May 2008, down from £256,820 the year before, while creditors totalled £740,986 – up from £368,037."

This isn't very pretty, is it ...................?

Those figures are at 31st May 2008, well over a year ago, things will have changed by now. Remember in August 2008 we sold Craney to Huddersfield for £250,000.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:25   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Well that's plunged me back into despair again after being boyed up (hoodwinked?) by the DON in the Observer.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:26   #5
God Member

Bringing in someone with the surname of Lazarus to raise Stanley from its finacial deathbed is surely a joke too far. Especially when, just a few days after Ilyas Khan finally ran out of cheeks to turn, our Marcelle asks if there's anyone out there with a spare £200K.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:40   #6

Quote:

Wonder if she's checked behind the cushions on her sette, there's always a couple of quid on mine?
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:52   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Well that's plunged me back into despair again after being boyed up (hoodwinked?) by the DON in the Observer.
Me too, Redraine. I read the Don's stuff in the Obs and kidded myself for a few minutes that he did have some sort of masterplan that he was keeping under wraps.

Then I read Marcelle's outpourings in the LET and realised what I'd suspected all along - that the club are just whistling in the wind, stumbling along and hoping "something" will turn up. The ironic thing is that she's responsible for the public image of the club, yet she's just scored a huge Google Page Ranking own goal. After the board willfully slammed the door on someone who was prepared to put money into the club, it's not the wisest move, just a few days later to start twittering about the need for investment. In fact, I would say it's guaranteed to rub ordinary, hard-working East Lancastrians up the wrong way. I really do despair.
Old 09-10-2009, 14:03   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris.
he did have some sort of masterplan that he was keeping under wraps.
Perhaps he's hanging back. He could have plenty stashed away. Maybe he's just waiting to see how much is raised by SOS before committing himself to a figure. This would then minimise the cost to himself.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 14:16   #9
God Member

that's what everybody has expected to happen and because of that people have been reluctant to chip in. He should have started the fund with £50k. He should then have added the monthly 'budgeted' figures of £18k (certainly for September and October), he should have ...

If these things had have happened then we would more than likely have topped £200k by now, be well on track and we would have avoided much of the teeth gnashing that has gone on. The Ultras and OSC would still be onside and the ASSF would still be on the outside looking in.

As it is now though very few people have any faith or trust in the management because NOTHING is being said or done by the club about anything. The only stuff we hear is regurgitated nothingness rubbish about how much money he has put in - in the past.
Old 09-10-2009, 14:19   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Perhaps he's hanging back. He could have plenty stashed away. Maybe he's just waiting to see how much is raised by SOS before committing himself to a figure. This would then minimise the cost to himself.

But the cost to the club has already been enormous, as I've noted elsewhere.
  • the loss of a respected vice-chairman;
  • the loss of a backer who would continue to offer financial support to the club after this initial crisis has passed;
  • the huge damage done to the club's reputation locally and nationally.
Furthermore, it has already been said that he had no more money to put into the club. So this makes his statement that he will not see the club fold once more even more mysterious.

He has just about two weeks to solve the problem. I fervently hope I am proved wrong but I cannot see how he will do it. I would rather he admitted failure, walked away now (with co-chairperson), and allowed the directors who have the club's interests at heart to take over and call on Ilyas Khan.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 18:39   #11
God Member

Talk about fickle football fans. You can't win with you lot.

Earlier in the week you demanded explanations as to why the ASSF offer was turned down. A spokesman ( lady ) for the club now explains it was because the offer was too much and they wanted 50k less, and you lot still whinge !!
Old 09-10-2009, 19:52   #12
Senior Member+

Has no one considered - O'neill/Whalley are waiting until the week before the deadline to see how many points are on the board and if its worth risking 10 less?
10 points less and a promise to JC to recruit once out of administration may be considered a calculated risk (by them and them alone!).

IMO, there only hope now is the SOS or maybe they will throw good money after bad?

Pride comes before a fall.
But I always though it was better To get a penny than to lose a pound?

Last edited by DAV007; 09-10-2009 at 19:56.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 19:59   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Has no one considered - O'neill/Whalley are waiting until the week before the deadline to see how many points are on the board and if its worth risking 10 less?
10 points less and a promise to JC to recruit once out of administration may be considered a calculated risk (by them and them alone!).

IMO, there only hope now is the SOS or maybe they will throw good money after bad?

Pride comes before a fall.
But I always though it was better To get a penny than to lose a pound?
The consensus seems to be that we couldn't go into administration. Just liquidised. Gone. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 20:02   #14
Full Member+

[quote=shakermaker;751990 Do not collect £200.[/quote]

Or 200,000 should that read
Old 09-10-2009, 22:00   #15
Member.

Open Post for Mr. O’Neil…

Incredulous; that’s the only word I could come up with for this diabolical episode. Mr. O’Neil you had me practically convinced with your statement in the Observer; obviously your have listened and acted on advice and got your media act together; so why have you allowed Ms. Lazarus to go off half cocked and produce this dribble; even if it was a prelude to something else happening to move the situation forward she’s dropped one hell of a bullock, so much so it as undermined the good attempt that you have made this weekend in the Observer to reconcile yourself with the fan base of Accrington Stanley.

For god sake keep her off the phone and if you do have to let her near a computer make sure the bloody internet is disconnected and don’t give her a pen. If this false enchantress is to stay and blossom and produce good work with the club then at least apprentice her to one of the active Directors and get her disciplined in the art of communication and public relations.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..