Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2008, 22:43   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Right or Wrong

Part or an artical from the Telegraph,,[quote]
Coming hot on the heels of the trip to Prenton Park is a vital home game against Bournemouth just 48 hours later.
And Mr Heys revealed that Stanley had asked the Cherries to put the League Two clash back to the Sunday, but Bournemouth were less than accommodating.
He said: “We asked Bournemouth if they would be willing to push the game back to to give us a bit more time to recover, but they chose not to agree.
“It’s disappointing but if they ask a favour from us in the future, we might choose to do the same.” [unquote] To me AFC Bounemouth are trying to take advantage knowing that our boys will be tired from the replay in their perdicament at the bottom they may be thinking 3pts in the bag or that it was to short a time to make other arrangements ie for their fans hotel excetra. i also think if the shoe was on the other foot Accrington Stanley would have helped..we better stuff em saturday
Old 12-11-2008, 22:54   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Right or Wrong

expect nowt else from southerners Mab, fair play n them do not go together.
Old 12-11-2008, 23:14   #3

Probably still peeved at us knocking them out of the FA cup.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 23:26   #4
K-P

Someone else did that to us... then came here and got beaten.. well and truly backfired.... Chester or hereford someone like that ?
Old 13-11-2008, 08:24   #5
Resting in Peace

Astonishing that anyone should blame Bournemouth for not wanting to disrupt their schedules. It wasn't them who changed the Tranmere replay date!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 10:38   #6
Resting in Peace

Think the Stanley have it in their own hands, send the southern softies back down the M6 with their tail between their legs and without any spoils
Old 13-11-2008, 11:16   #7
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Astonishing that anyone should blame Bournemouth for not wanting to disrupt their schedules. It wasn't them who changed the Tranmere replay date!
And you think they would turn down £37.500 if the shoe was on the other foot
Old 13-11-2008, 14:23   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
why are you a southerner by birth? its good craic blaming southern softies.
Old 13-11-2008, 16:31   #9
God Member

If I was running a pro sports team ,I'ld do sweet f.a to help the opposition.Thats business.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 16:34   #10
God Member

Not sure if any Bournemouth fans are having a weekend away in the holiday haven of Accy, but I have seen mentioned on here about people going to Bournemouth for the weekend in the reverse fixture. I think those Stanley fans would be pretty peed off if they were told 4 or 5 days before that the match had been moved.

A more local team may have agreed to change.
Old 13-11-2008, 19:05   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
why are you a southerner by birth? its good craic blaming southern softies.
I know, I know - should be ashamed of myself.
Old 13-11-2008, 21:45   #12

If I were King John, know how I'd use B'mouth's refusal to pick our lads up for Saturday and I'll bet I'm far from alone !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 10:45   #13
Senior Member+

2 things.
1 - you cant really blame Bournemouth, they are in a relegation battle and must fight for every point.
2 - Coley MUST rotate his squad in any way he can. Pual Mullin was knackered and his work rate was poor by his own standards in the 2nd half. I dont think Murdock or John Mullin will be to fresh after a full game.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 18:03   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
2 things.
1 - you cant really blame Bournemouth, they are in a relegation battle and must fight for every point.
2 - Coley MUST rotate his squad in any way he can. Pual Mullin was knackered and his work rate was poor by his own standards in the 2nd half. I dont think Murdock or John Mullin will be to fresh after a full game.
And as soon as he does this his detractors will be baying for his blood !!..
I hope that Paul and John are fit though, they're the only ones with the ability to open up opposing defences and give Jimmy Ryan the space to run through !.

'ON STANLEY !......ON !.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 20:10   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I hope that Paul and John are fit though, they're the only ones with the ability to open up opposing defences
Really?.............. I must have missed all the shots bombarding the goalies then, after these defences have been "opened up"? When was the last time the opposing goalkeeper was man of the match? We need someone with the confidence of youth to go on and have a crack at every opportunity, which is why I keep banging on about giving one of the young lads a start.......... and I mean our own young lads, not Gornell or Clarke thanks very much.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..