Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2008, 16:55   #61
God Member

Re: Rochdale away

The way Stanley played in the second half today was the most embarrassing excuse for football I have ever seen.

As soon as that 'penalty' was given, the lads' heads dropped and they wallowed in their pity until the end. I'm sure that everyone would've predicted that the lads would lose confidence like this; it happens often enough! So where was the inspirational half time team talk? It was more like they were spiked with sleeping pills and castrated.

There were some good individual performances from the usual suspects however. Kemspon made one minor mistake but apart from that was consistently solid. Phil Edwards defended well, he seems to play more confidently when playing alongside Kempson. I also thought Kenny Arthur had one of his best games for us. So far so good right?
Nah.
Aswad Thomas was crap yet again. Neither Mannix or Harris had much impact.

Coley, if you are reading this could you please answer why Ian Craney being started up front constantly? I think many would agree that this simply doesn't work, as we miss his creativity in midfield and he isn't quick enough to play a Lutel/Mangan role off Mullin. So we end up with an 85k player in limbo, doing very little. Thanks in advance.

Rochdale is effin' cold.

Last edited by shakermaker; 16-03-2008 at 16:57.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2008, 17:05   #62
Senior Member+

We need a new defence its as simple as that.

Major summer surgery is needed.

Kempson had a decent game but he cant do it by himself.

Roberts and Aswad both had absolute mares.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 17:06   #63
Senior Member+

There was little doubt in my mind about the penalty. From my position behind the goal (was that me joining in with a chorus or two of 'Up The 'Dale'?) I could see that the bloke was clipped from behind. Little choice for the referee other than to award the spot kick.

Shaker is right that playing Craney as a striker doesn't work and we said as much on Wednesday, yet it keeps happening. Once Mannix and Harris had been taken off, there was nothing in the middle to stop the Rochdale players running right through us. Perkins (the little ****) had a field day in the second half, as he moved around largely unchallenged. It's no wonder our defence got over-run after that.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 16-03-2008 at 17:09.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 17:34   #64
Senior Member+

Harris does very little anyway.

i reckon 8 new faces are needed for next season.

Only players id keep

Arthur
Kempson
Mullers
Craney (As a Center Mid where hes best)

thats it!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 18:04   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post

The only plus point was that I went in the home end for £10 and saved myself £8.
I paid a tenner in the away end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz66 View Post
The few stewards who were bad today were worst than bad as they seemed to want to incite our fans into having a go at them, they got plenty of verbal and then seemed to dissapear.
the head of security approached one of our fans at half time in the stand and warned him that should he ever swear at one of his stewards again then he would 'have him'. He walked away whilst encouraging anybody else who wanted a go to do so. Once the story filtered around he went down the steps to a chorus of 'you soft b######' and 'w#####' and '******'. He never re-appeared and the stewards then give up.
Old 16-03-2008, 18:12   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I paid a tenner in the away end

the head of security approached one of our fans at half time in the stand and warned him that should he ever swear at one of his stewards again then he would 'have him'. He walked away whilst encouraging anybody else who wanted a go to do so. Once the story filtered around he went down the steps to a chorus of 'you soft b######' and 'w#####' and '******'. He never re-appeared and the stewards then give up.
Yeah that was one incident i was refering to the other was one of the stewards to our right gangway, walked down recieving some verbal, he then turned round and was giving it "the come on then" gesture to our fans who then barraged him with abuse, i take it it was one of his seniors that signalled him to come down and get out of sight, to the chat also of "You soft B*****D". Hardly what they are there for really is it, to incite fans to have a go.
But like i said earlier most of them were ok.
Old 16-03-2008, 18:27   #67
Senior Member+

First Half was great!
Second half was the worst football ive seen for a long time!
Kenny Arthur was great in the second half with many saves to keep the score down!
The fans where great once again , well the ones that stood up and sang! But good atmosphere!
The Stewards where crap once again from rochdale!
Except from the negatives it was an alrite day , just painful from the walk!

Also craney did not look fit to me! And shouldnt of been played he was useless , should of started with mcgivern upfront! Give him a bloody start coley!

Last edited by fc:stanley; 16-03-2008 at 18:30.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 18:47   #68

Well done to those who made the walk to the game. Thought the atmosphere from the away fans was very good. Think everything has been said really about the game itself. First half we looked good going forward and solid at the back but to be honest the referee must have wanted Rochdale to score with the amount of soft free kicks he was giving them in the last 5 minutes of the first half. Thought the penalty was soft and the ref couldn't wait to give it- he had a terrible game and kept ruining the flow of the game. That was the turning point of the match and the rest is history. Make no mistake we didn't desrve to win with that second half display but had they not got the penalty, I think we would have gone on to win.
I agree with fc:stanley about Craney and Mcgivern but also think that Aswad Thomas is getting in the team just because of his fantastic game at Chester. Since then he hasn't done a lot and he has made a few mistakes that have cost us goals. Can someone please explain why Mark King doesn't get a game?
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 19:56   #69
Senior Member+

A Rochdale fans view:

Rochdale AFC - there's always next year: Rochdale 4-1 Accrington Stanley

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 22:10   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Thats a very good and fair account of todays efforts, we were p!$$ poor in the second half, but they lifted their game to a level that we are nowhere near capable of emulating with the team we have, like mentioned previously we only have less than a handfull of players that are any good at this level, but that said i think we will all be enjoying league 2 football come next season, how i dont know but i`m not going to complain, over to you Depechemode .
Old 17-03-2008, 06:12   #71

good first half but think pen threw us and cocked game up .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008, 07:29   #72

should have not played craney , he wasnt fit and harris should have man marked the albeno . todd should have started and liam should be at left back . asward was uninterested
Old 17-03-2008, 13:28   #73

Well done to everyone who walked it yeterday, even if Martin Platt couldnt be arsed we still did the club proud.

As for the game....I think Aswad is living off his two Chester goals. Defensively he looks average at best and yesterday he was absolutely shocking, although to be fair so was everyone else.

Mangan should start with Mullin as Craney is obviously not quick enough to be a striker and we miss his creativity in the middle of the park.

The Telegraph will be delighted that they can actually justify giving Mannix a 5 this time also as he was below par.

Only Kenny and Mullers came out with any credit.
Old 17-03-2008, 14:07   #74

any1 notice kempson trying to tell asward to come in tight but asward just blanked him. why was webb dropped ? this is what peeves me off , when our defenders makes an error they know now they will be dropped so they play , unwillingly with head down for rest off game knowing they will be on bench next match . no faith
Old 17-03-2008, 14:31   #75

I must agree with DM, Webby should be given a longer run,all the chopping and changing must be unsettling the defence. Having said that , injuries must account for a lot. I just hope we can get to the end of the season and survive.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..