Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2010, 20:30   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Rochdale (Rejects?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
it's just wages though!! he oviously left as he thought the grass was greener and it wasn't!! i'd have him back and kallum!
It wasn't a case of the grass is greener. Kenny is engaged (he might even be married now, I've never asked!) and his fiance was having to give up her job to move down here from scotland to live with him. The wages will have been a factor given this, but I can't see Dale paying him massive wages in comparison and now that his missus is down here and I would imagine probably working by now, he could probably afford a little drop.

Another major reason Kenny moved was the then percieved instability surrounding the club after the first HMRC court date way back in may last year. He could not afford given his personal circumstances (missus & starting a business up) to be in a position where he may recieve his wages late or the club he plays for go under (and we all know how close that was!!).

He made the move not because he wanted to but because he felt he needed to, due to cicrumstances.

I still speak to Kenny regularly and he always asks how its going at the crown and I know he really enjoyed his time here. Maybe, just maybe we stand a chance of getting him back, I personnally with be hoping that Kenny comes back more than keeping Symes!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2010, 20:37   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
just look at symes when he came 1st he was .. look at him now hes holding the club up for more £'s or league 1 so i would give the lad a good trade syems for king as wel before june 1
We can't trade Symes for anybody, not even washers. He's almost a free agent

Last edited by Stanleymad; 13-05-2010 at 11:38. Reason: language
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 20:52   #18
Senior Member+

Would love to see them both back !!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 20:58   #19
Super Moderator

Sparkie

TOP POST!! Spot on!!

King Kenny is getting married this summer, and yes he's got a house in Manchester on the back of a 2 year deal.

Would I have him back, YES PLEASE, IF the terms were right. Sorry we cannot afford any more prima donnas whoever they are!!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 21:34   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I was not overly impressed with Kallum in either of his loan spells with Stanley,
Quote:
Originally Posted by new red View Post
... but didnt impress me when on loan spell here.
do any loan players ever really get chance to impress? Tom Lees is the notable exception but Coley doesn't seem to let loanees play regularly. I thought he had nice neat touches and was good for running at tired legs. I reckon he'd really benefit from a good run in a side. On the flip side we either haven't had, or haven't properly utilised wingers for a good while now, would it be any different if we had an authentic winger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
I still speak to Kenny regularly ...
get on the phone Sparkie!
Old 12-05-2010, 22:11   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
get on the phone Sparkie!

I've already sent him a text saying unlucky mate and you know where you'll be loved by the fans forever!!
Old 12-05-2010, 22:36   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
I've already sent him a text saying unlucky mate and you know where you'll be loved by the fans forever!!
Good on yer sparks, God loves a trier.
Old 13-05-2010, 12:47   #23

I think kenny aurther would be a good move for us,we have struggled all season between the posts, we have scored plenty but conceded more, down to keeper and defence.sometimes we had to score 2 or 3 goals a game to win a match and sometimes that was,nt enough.in kallums case 1 goal against us beit a cracker,dosent,warrent a 2 year deal.coleys shrewd,hes already got replacements lines up,lets see what happens over summer,
vicburdett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 12:49   #24

kenny before symes, you must be mad.id put joe the physio in goal if it ment keeping symesy,
Old 13-05-2010, 14:24   #25
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicburdett View Post
kenny before symes, you must be mad.id put joe the physio in goal if it ment keeping symesy,
Joe the physio is probably better than the goalkeeper we have at the moment, but I would prefer Kenny before Symes.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 14:30   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicburdett View Post
Nope not mad, far from it! I know the value of having a good keeper and what a difference it makes to the guys infront of him. I also know just how difficult it is to find a good keeper who fits in with the setup of your team and the the way you want to distribute the ball. Kenny fits the bill big time!!

As far as Symes is concerned his contribution this year in goals has been well worth us taking the chance, but his efforts since January have been massively substandard and if his head can be turned so easily and his form suffer so much just by pure speculation of a 'big move' then what happens next January if he does stay, the same again? Next year it could cost us a definate chance of promotion if an in form striker like symes suddenly decides he's gonna be lazy and wait for his 'big move' once again.

No brainer for me I'm afraid, I'll take a keeper who will win us points in tight games over a flaky striker who plays when he thinks people are watching any day! There are plenty of Micheal Symes's out there and Coley has proved he is more than capable if finding them.
Old 13-05-2010, 17:16   #27

Have to disagree sparkie,we have looked great goin forward just cant defended to save our lives, we had a keeper from liverpool whos not far off their first team and on ten grand a week who is better than aurthers,and prob goin to world cup,seen it to many times this season how we conceded soft goal after soft goal, sorry mate dont buy that,symesy played great up untill feb then was a bit indifferent in march and april, nothing to do with transfers,the lad has never played so many games for years and it showed towards the end,so if clubs were watching, they wont be taking the chance with him,if thats the case,but in 75 per cent off the games he played,he was great for us,id take that any time over a keeper,respect mate.
Old 13-05-2010, 17:39   #28
God Member

interesting thread this one

I would like Symes to stay but he as others have mentioned has looked a pale shadow of himself the last few months of the season.

I am not bothered about big names and steady eddies so long as they are 100% committed to Stanley and show it in their play that will do for me.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 17:49   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
How how how how how how how how how how how how how?

Please, describe one way in which that simile works, aside from a player returning to a former club.
First thing that came into my head. He's left the club once so would his heart fully be at Stanley if he returned?
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 18:14   #30
God Member

He left due to circumstances explained earlier in the thread. I think Kenney would be committed to Stanley, and too professional not to be committed.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..