Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2008, 17:06   #1

Roscoe's gone

See fishy site. Roscoe gone to Torquay (not on holiday) for an undisclosed fee.
Gulp, what are we doing?
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-01-2008, 17:17   #2
God Member

Re: Roscoe's gone

Are we trying to be a non league club again. This and the Roberts rumour would just confirm it. I for one am not happy. (where's the MAD smilies) Are the club in big trouble.

I think a Club statement detailing the intentions is imperative (but I'm not holding my breath)
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 17:20   #3
God Member

Now that IS a shock.. Betya COLEMAN ain't looking forward to tonights pow-wow at the Crown.."Blow tourch on the 'Y' fronts" springs to mind...

Goodluck Roscoe
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 17:21   #4
God Member

Not too surprised, or bothered really. I'd rather have McGivern than Dsane in the side, personally. Dsane is one of those players we brought in this season who was far too inconsistent. Bags of pace and with it shook up the team when he first arrived however his persistent lack of ability to score simple on-on-one goal situations were frustrating to say the least. I hope both Roscoe and his family are happier down south and wish them all the best.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 17:30   #5
Member.

This is grim news, but let’s not throw the towel in yet, we still have Mully, Boco and the rest of the scoring survivors…..” but I have to ask” what are we doing? Are we safe on points from the drop? or do we have problem in the management team, For Stanley’s sake someone ask them tonight what the hells going on.

All the best to you Roscoe.....Good Luck and Happy Scoring.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 18:03   #6
God Member

Omg! Roflmao @ Asfc
Old 25-01-2008, 18:11   #7
God Member

I cant believe it why get rid of our good players is beyond me. I've texted my Q over hehe
Will miss him and his little family. Wonder what the reason for this?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 18:18   #8
God Member

maybe its as simple as he didn't settle well in the area, if thats the case then fair enough.

don't you just hate undisclosed fees? we got him for nowt so I hope we made a good few quid on him.
Old 25-01-2008, 18:49   #9

Mcgivern has the chance to prove all his plaudits on here what he can do. What i have seen he is very ordinary and one dimensional but I must say I havent seen alot of him, i dont attend reserve matches or peter pan cup matches, and i have never seen waterloo dock play either so the jurys out.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 19:25   #10
God Member

Good luck to Roscoe, maybe it was just that he wanted to go back down south, don't suppose we'll ever know for sure. Just hope Leighton gets his chance to play regularly now & please God we don't bring lard arse back from Cambridge!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2008, 02:11   #11
Full Member+

I only hope that Coleman has an "ace" up his sleeve that he is going to produce rapidly. What looked like producing one of our most successful partnerships since Muller's and Lutel were in tandem has disappeared.

We're a good 15-16 points from safety now and with teams below having games in hand (which admittedly they have to win to bridge the current gap)and we carry on losing and struggling to score, the gap is easily bridged.The one true source of pace in our side has gone.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2008, 08:36   #12
Full Member+

Yes, Roscoe is quick, but on so many occasions his first touch let him down, and he certainly lacked composure in front of goal. I liked the lad, but I don't think he was the answer - and he certainly didn't have the understanding with Mullers that Lutel had in his heyday! Maybe Leighton will show up better with an extended run - or maybe this clearing of the decks will free up money to allow us to get someone better.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2008, 08:39   #13

Roscoe has NOT been on form lately and Clever Coleman has "cashed in ", I expect a new strikeras a replacement soon.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2008, 09:06   #14
God Member

From the Q & A's with coley and jimmy last night, it was Roscoes choice to go

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2008, 09:13   #15
Super Moderator

Anything else to report back? Us stay-at-homes are all dying to know!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..