Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2008, 16:26   #16

Re: Rotherham today

Bavs man of match and well deserved kept us in it in first half even though he is not fit, he hardly kicked a ball all match.The ref was the joke of the game did not have a clue PENALTY my a**e if i had been assessing for the FA he would never ref a match again an absolute disgrace As for Rotherhams time wasting antics from mid second half well enough said.Other downers stanley defense on a weekend break for the first twenty minutes and a certain Mr Clarke up front not good enough sir, stanley fans expect better either buck up or ship out
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2008, 16:49   #17
Resting in Peace

Fully agree with the last two posts. How Clarke is still getting a start is way beyond me. Welcome back Grant - his only two meaningful touches were a wayward "panic " cross and a poor shot when there were better options.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 16:57   #18
God Member

Never mind the rest of 'em but what on earth is the point of Andy Procter? I know, he scored the Stanley goal, but he is the common factor in every crap performance this season.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 17:30   #19
God Member

I dont know which game some of the previous posters were watching today but it must have been a different one than me! Point 1, for the first 20 mins or so Rotherham were going through our defenders like a got knife through butter, we couldn not get any where near them! Point 2, the penalty, YES it was a penalty, granted a very soft one, but a penalty just the same, Edwards pushed the guy with both hands right km front of the ref he had no choice but to give it, and lets be honest we would of been screaming for one if it had been against our forwards! The ref did have a mare tho as I truly believe that they should have been down to 10 men after that terrible tackle. As for Bavs well He did really well imho and really cant be faulted for the 2 goals I saw go in, the defence however were poor. Final point, yet again we proved that we can pass the ball across the field from the defence to the mid field, back to the defence and them hoof it up the park towards our forwards only to pick out one me their players 9 times out of 10,simply not good enough merry christmas my a****.
Posted via Mobile Device
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 17:38   #20
Senior Member+

Why wasnt blundell playing and clarke was? Send him back to ewood , he is absolute s***e!!!
+
Well done to bavs , great saves! Well deserved MOM

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 17:49   #21
God Member

I was there and have to agree with Cowboy. I ripped into the team on here at the start of the year (Feb) and sadly they have not got any better. The transfer window is looming but I dont think the money is there to buy players so it will be a case of relying on loan players ie other teams "rejects" I hope that in the New Year they have a resolution to do better. I wont say anything else as it hurts too much.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 18:10   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF
stanley deserved at least a point for dominating the game.
Which 30 seconds was this?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 18:15   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Centre circle kick off

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 18:20   #24

I had a choice football or xmas shopping,no contest went to fes,maybe i should have gone shopping lol.If we get many more officials like these 3 muppets we got today then a lot of bums will be squeaking come february time,we have had some dodgy refs at the fes over the last couple of years,but this one was absolutely diabolical.90% of decisions went rotherhams way,when we pressurised them they looked very shaky.But when your playing against 14 men it becomes bloody hard,we had a few chances but on reflection the ref robbed us of at least a point,definitely a WA**ER in black.MAY THE FLEAS OF A THOUSAND CAMELS INFEST HIS UNDERWEAR.

ACCY TILL I DIE.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 18:36   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
The truth lies somewhere in between. For the first 20 minutes Stanley were chasing shadows and Rotherham pressured the ball all over the pitch. However, when the Reds started to turn the screw on their defence they were reduced to desperate clearances and Stanley kept sweeping forward with Jimmy Ryan, particularly, impressing. IMHO he should have been man of the match again, by the way. I thought Proccy, after a shaky start when he gave the ball away a lot, improved as the match went on. I thought we did dominate for most of the match, but without the proverbial "fox in the box" we didn't capitalise on a lot of good play. It's a pity we have two right wingers and no left wingers, as Miles rarely gets to the by-line to pull the ball back, but instead persists in coming inside on his right foot and running into traffic. I hope Mahon gets a start at Chester.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 18:39   #26
God Member

Must agree with you UK good assessment of the match and the current Stanley situation!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 18:47   #27
God Member

The cold hard truth of todays game is that the players' hearts just weren't in it. Rotherham were really nothing special at all. We could've beaten them easily with the team that started had they turned up.
Only two individual performaces worth noting for me - firstly to Ian Dunbavin's brave and brilliant game, secondly John Miles' incredibly frustrating last half hour. He did not want to be there at all. He was actually avoiding being passed to.
The whole team needs confidence. You could see in the warm up that the players weren't really up for it. Rubbish game, rubbish day.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 19:30   #28
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Bavo in goal now why does that not surprise me that we'll be hammered today :-(
Bit harsh when he got MOTM and the whole crowd behind him.
Old 20-12-2008, 19:52   #29
Senior Member+

KP he wasnt at the game so i dont know how he could say that...

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 19:57   #30
God Member

Exclamation Re: Rotherham today

Got to side with Shaker, absolutley no confidence, the performances of Charnock,King,Miles,Clarke,Murdock to name but 5 were to be honest nothing like they were weeks ago! They have lost confidence! They and most of the Team just did not seem to know to do. It does not bode well for the future when we look at the table, we have got to start winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..