Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2008, 20:21   #31
Member.

Re: Rotherham today

I wasn’t there, nothing new there then, but I was in Accy Cemetery for the first 15 minutes of the game, the crowd noise from the FES drifting over was evocative, forcing up the blood and making me wish I was there….the last 15 I was doing 90 up the 65 and was glad I wasn’t. There’s been promise this season and there’s been disappointment…now there needs to be Action.

For those of you singing and pushing the lads on, be proud, you on the pitch wake up, you in the dug out, get your finger out of your arse and sort this team out. Eric, get your hand in your pocket or I’ll be supporting Fylde FC next year………………….

Only Joking Eric, about Fylde FC that is………

Bav's....welcome back lad.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2008, 20:37   #32
Super Moderator

Seems we've gone back to our bad old ways, tapping it around in front of goal, schoolboy errors in defence, speculative punts up the field...very depressing. And as there seemed to be around 300 Rotherham fans there out of a crowd of around 1,100, it seems the Stanley faithful are voting with their feet.

And, Doug, never mind about all these grand rallying cries...get yourself down to the FES next home match!
Old 20-12-2008, 20:38   #33
God Member

For better or worse if I am down when a home match is on I try and attend. Yet after today I am questioning myself as why I go when the display is as bad as todays and thats without dodgy officials taken into consideration.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 20:40   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
KP he wasnt at the game so i dont know how he could say that...
She...
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 21:33   #35
Senior Member+

Yes they have been on a bad run.

Like Lincoln come to think of it.

Lets not forget they have beaten a strong home side Sheffield Wednesday albeit on penalties at Hillsborough, and beaten Wolves Leeds and Southampton at the Don Valley Stadium.

I do not want to look at the League Table but it is clearly crucial what loan players we sign for the second half of the season. Hopefully Jamie will have more success under Sam than he has enjoyed with us.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 22:30   #36
Senior Member+

i have to disagree with some of the thinngs wrote on here! first of you cant blame bavs for all 3 goals and say he was not at the game! first goal was a penalty so there was a 50/50 chance of saveing it! 2nd goal was just poor defending total left him open on the wing he passed it though the box and no one was there and he just tapped it in! bavs did some goood saves, to say he had been carrying an injury since early on in the season thats why he could not take goal kicks! jimmy ryan is turning out to be a quality player! good runs down the wing good skills aswell just we lack that final touch we pass it around to much outside the box instead of shooting or putting it in the middle! grant is a left winger just he not played much this season has he comeing to the end of last season he played very well on the wing! the confidence has proberly gone from the 5-1 last week, the defence had been playing well this season not letting alot pass and been confident and things! we do need to start winning though jamie clarke did some good runs but he falls or gets pushed of the ball to easy! you can see we miss gornell and grifiths! grifiths who used to control play in the middle and gornell i think we know why!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 22:35   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Yet after today I am questioning myself as why I go when the display is as bad as todays and thats without dodgy officials taken into consideration.
you go because you love stanley, though win or loss, freezing and warm, no goals, lots of goals, who cares we love stanley and i know i will be there next home game regardless of what happens

Old 21-12-2008, 06:22   #38

I need to get down more often. They don't lose when I watch them. I don't want to bring all my amigos down for a stag do at Chersterfield and be in danger of relegation
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 09:20   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
KP he wasnt at the game so i dont know how he could say that...
My lil boy just come out of hospital after a big op think my priorites were right dont u, stanley still got my money regardless whether i went or not HELLO SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!!! So think that allows my opinion dont u? So everyone thinks bavo is a better goalie .....than fero, elliot or kenny eh? Maybe u should think before yr fingers do the talking FC, i rarely miss home matches without good reason.

KP - im really surprised he got MOM, says a lot about the rest of the players when a player gets mom for letting 3 goals in & a defeat - what about proccy ? least he tried to claw a goal back.

Typical of this forum sometimes that only one view is allowed, blimey i love stanley but being realistic we can be crap at times & yet the expectation of the few is shut up & pay up while keeping the rosey specs on..........doesn't compute

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 10:13   #40
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
My lil boy just come out of hospital after a big op think my priorites were right dont u, stanley still got my money regardless whether i went or not HELLO SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!!! So think that allows my opinion dont u? So everyone thinks bavo is a better goalie .....than fero, elliot or kenny eh? Maybe u should think before yr fingers do the talking FC, i rarely miss home matches without good reason.

KP - im really surprised he got MOM, says a lot about the rest of the players when a player gets mom for letting 3 goals in & a defeat - what about proccy ? least he tried to claw a goal back.

Typical of this forum sometimes that only one view is allowed, blimey i love stanley but being realistic we can be crap at times & yet the expectation of the few is shut up & pay up while keeping the rosey specs on..........doesn't compute

Your right you ahve your priorities right and i didnt see anyone having a pop at you for not being there so i dont see what that rant was for...

who said ian is better than kenny? i have looked through the thread and i cant see anyone saying that? so again i cant see what that one is about either?
Old 21-12-2008, 10:37   #41
God Member

KP, please read thread again but read what u think is there as it is convienent enough to try to discredit my post, if thats the case please dont bother with reply but again i was responding to fc stanley not yourself my reply to u was discussionary not ranting.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 10:43   #42
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
KP, please read thread again but read what u think is there as it is convienent enough to try to discredit my post, if thats the case please dont bother with reply but again i was responding to fc stanley not yourself my reply to u was discussionary not ranting.
Its an open public forum.. if you want to talk to fc in private then thats what PM is for.. while you post in public then we all have the right to reply and comment... Yes even little ol me
Old 21-12-2008, 11:40   #43
Senior Member+

clam down! clam down! its christmas no need for arguements! no-one said bavs is better than kenny i think he should of got MOTM thought he played very well for his first game back! yeh 3 goals went past him but you got to look further than that! he did some great saves! if he would not of got it than jimmy ryan should of got it! he none stops runs and passes quailty!

Old 21-12-2008, 12:07   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
clam down! clam down!
Is this a shellfish comment?
Old 21-12-2008, 12:12   #45
God Member

Brilliant TM note to self must read posts more slowly!
Posted via Mobile Device
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..