Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2009, 16:45   #1

Sean mcconville signs

According to main accy site sean mcconville has signed for a undisclosed fee,sounds like he could be a useful addition to the club,hope he makesa succes of it.

ACCY TILL I DIE.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2009, 16:50   #2

Re: Sean mcconville signs

very good but hes band untill sat day so its a home deb u so lets all go and see the new lad up the accy
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 17:13   #3
Resting in Peace

Good news - I like these deals for rising young stars (whatever Alan Hanson says). Well done, the club!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 17:18   #4
God Member

Talking Re: Sean mcconville signs

From all the stuff said and written about him it looks like 'Super Johnny Coleman' has done the business yet again

On Stanley On

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 17:53   #5
Senior Member+

Well done Coley!

More from similar sources please.

Skem were my non league team till I noticed a certain Accrington Stanley (1968) playing in the same league.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 21:23   #6

McConville is a proven goalscorer in the lower leagues,hopefully he's the striker we've been needing to put away all the bloody chances we keep missing every week.He must have a good future when you think of the clubs in higher divisions who were looking him over,good luck to the lad.

ACCY THROUGH AND THROUGH......
Old 02-02-2009, 21:39   #7
Senior Member+

yeh but the thing is now who do you take out of the squad to put him in! turner? lindfield? kallum?

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 21:51   #8
God Member

I reckon this is a superb signing by Eric and Coley! it's a statement of ambition by the club and we have succeeded where, presumably, higher clubs have failed. My guess would be that higher clubs were unwilling to take a punt on such a lower league player but will continue to monitor his progress for a year or two.

I would guess that he will flit in and out of the side certainly this year (like Shaun Whalley did) but Coley will be looking for him to secure a place in the side next season. Downside? I reckon we will have had a large sell-on fee put in at Skem's request. But if you consider the talk was of £500k for Will Buckley at Rochdale then here's hoping for a similar fee for this lad next season!

Good luck Macca!
Old 02-02-2009, 22:03   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

disagree to a point macca, many bigger clubs will take a punt if they think a goalscorers up to it, a breed as rare as rocking horse droppings, my guess is mr colemans snapped up a good winger/striker at this level n deserves credit. am looking forward to seeing the guy if played on sat.
Old 02-02-2009, 22:26   #10
God Member

he's a punt for us in reality. He has done well for Skem but there is the Unibond Prem, Conf North and Conference between his current level and what he will now be expected to play at. If a Championship side was looking at him then the gulf would be enormous and he is still only 19 year old. Alright, they could have afforded the money more than us but it would still be a big gamble for a bigger club.

Remember when we signed Shaun Whalley? he was the next big thing and he came from a similar level club (Witton Albion). Shaun showed glimpses of promise but when the performances didn't come and the crowd got at him a bit he went hiding. That would have been ten times worse at most clubs in our league - let alone higher.
Old 02-02-2009, 23:00   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
he's a punt for us in reality. He has done well for Skem but there is the Unibond Prem, Conf North and Conference between his current level and what he will now be expected to play at. If a Championship side was looking at him then the gulf would be enormous and he is still only 19 year old. Alright, they could have afforded the money more than us but it would still be a big gamble for a bigger club.

Remember when we signed Shaun Whalley? he was the next big thing and he came from a similar level club (Witton Albion). Shaun showed glimpses of promise but when the performances didn't come and the crowd got at him a bit he went hiding. That would have been ten times worse at most clubs in our league - let alone higher.
agree there its a big step up, one a club in stanleys position must take a chance on though. daft as it sounds i reckon its n easier to jump up a couple of lower divisions if yer a goalscorer, than other positions. a striker can always find the "Onion Bag" its just at what level? i'm reasonably optimistic with this signing.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:22   #12

Thumbs up Re: Sean mcconville signs

Every now and then a player with ability to bridge the gulf between non-league and full league football has to start somewhere,he chose accy the reasons why i know not.But if he bridges that gap then he will be a profitable addition to our squad,and god knows we need a striker to bag some goals.I for one wish him well and look forward to seeing him play and hopefully scoring alot of goals.

ACCY TILL I DIE..
Old 03-02-2009, 07:27   #13

If he gets the goals that get us three points does it really matter who gets dropped,we'll just have to wait and see what coley decides.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:39   #14
God Member

I reckon he's to be the understudy to Paul Mullin-the Prince In Waiting if you like.

Welcome to the legend that is STANLEY young man.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:40   #15

snap
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..