Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2010, 18:19   #1
Member.

Shirt Campaign.

Shirt Campaign.

How do we influence the outcome of Ilyas Khan’s dreams and aspirations to develop a new stadium in Church?

Question: is it what the majority of us want. I would like to ask someone who knows what there doing to organise a three question Poll.

1. Do we want the Khan stadium to be built? Is it in the best interest of the Club?

2. Do we want to stay at the Crown, our historical home? (Post 62).

3. Don’t know.

This is not about personalities; it’s not about O’Neil -v- Khan.

This has got to be forum wide and include the view of the public; the Ultras; The OSC and the ASSF. And above all if possible those who work with or for Accrington Stanley.

No Flags or Banners allowed……..no problem.

I propose a Shirt Campaign…..Dave & Mel any ideas.

They can’t ban shirts at the ground either t-shirts or Stanley shirts with the message lord and Clear…..

We support the Khan Stadium…..

Or

We support the Crown Ground…..

Or

I don’t Care – I support Accrington Stanley wherever they play.

Numbers will count…is this Viable Idea, will it influence the Town and the Board.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2010, 19:01   #2
God Member

Re: Shirt Campaign.

Sorry doug are u on the sauce tonite? I have no idea after reading several times as to what u are on about or objective ..... Err me non comprende ????

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 19:20   #3

Sounds like a good idea, but how would EVERYONE get involved?
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 19:22   #4
Member.

It does look a bit disjointed, and yes….Mr Glenfiddich spent some time with me during the writing.

I think what I was trying to say is two separate things

Firstly; canvas the supporters if they want Ilyas to develop a new stadium or not.

Secondly; using printed slogans on T-shirts/Stanley shirts saying want the majority of fans want. Yes or no to the Khan Stadium.

The idea being that these would be worn on match days with the possibility of enough people wearing “we want the Khan Stadium” might go some way influence the club/ or David O’Neil to accept the proposal.

OK; daft idea….take it away..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 19-09-2010, 19:43   #5
God Member

Suppose is what u are saying to us is a protest ???

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 19-09-2010, 19:56   #6
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Suppose is what u are saying to us is a protest ???

No… I don’t like the idea of a protest; we’re above that. See it more of demonstration of support for the advancement of the club.

A sea of Red and White saying yes to the new Stadium.

Of course there will be those that may want to say no..

What I’m trying to say is they have taken away the opportunity to express ourselves using flags and banners…..so do it in/with shirts…

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 19-09-2010, 20:23   #7
God Member

To me that still is a visual protest - it replaces the flags still a form of a protest of opinion

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 19-09-2010, 20:42   #8
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
To me that still is a visual protest - it replaces the flags still a form of a protest of opinion
Ok, proftest

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 19-09-2010, 21:38   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

to me only a fool would not want a new stadium, spiritual home was the late "Peel Park"
Old 19-09-2010, 21:55   #10
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to me only a fool would not want a new stadium, spiritual home was the late "Peel Park"
Agree 100% Cashy; what I was hoping for was for the idea to be taken up and that 1500 Stanley Supporters where wearing shirts at the next home game asking/telling O'Neil to back the idea of Ilyas's offer..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 19-09-2010, 22:01   #11
Senior Member+

Sorry Doug but i have to say this wont be a winner. You might be able to get 20 or so people wearing it but going to football people wont wear it unfortunately!! Its just the honest truth.

I like the Crown Ground like everyone else. My heart says stay my head says move!

In a business that football is now you have to go with your head!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 22:15   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Sorry Doug but i have to say this wont be a winner. You might be able to get 20 or so people wearing it but going to football people wont wear it unfortunately!! Its just the honest truth.

I like the Crown Ground like everyone else. My heart says stay my head says move!

In a business that football is now you have to go with your head!
yer quite right fc, i love the crown the clayton end n all that goes wi it, but yeh gotta use yer head which you are, crown has no proper facilities to create extra revenue any club needs to become self sufficent, also no capacity fer crowds when, which will happen we draw a real big local club at home, its our ground but in league terms its a cowfield.
Old 19-09-2010, 22:34   #13
Senior Member+

Doug...If not a Flag or a Shirt....why not ..A HAT !!
(Remember the old slogan 'Get ahead!...get a HAT !').
Not even the hardest-hearted H and S Official could possibly get hot under the collar at the sight of 200+
bright Red Hats, bearing a logo of the wearers choice of course,decorating and regaling the Clayton End. A sight to make the most intransigent of Football Directors sit up and feel a stirring of truth in their heart !.
A hat of course can, like a flag be waved with graceful motions (?)....they could of course be tossed in the air' which, if done in concert, would definitely add some charm to the occasion of a goal being scored !.
Before you treat my post with some derision, can I whilst confessing that a glass or two of Absolut Vodka and Indian Tonic Water have lubricated
my
tonsils tonight,nevertheless aver that I have attempted to inject some gravity and sincerity into my words.

ps. Here, to aid you in your deliberations are a group of Ladies of my acquaintance who kindly offered to model the Headwear in question !

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 15:47   #14
Member.

Which one is you Yonmon

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-09-2010, 15:48   #15
Member.

Given the backing of the Council for Ilyas’s ambitions for the New Stadium perhaps we should have shirts printed up saying that:

Accrington Expects……Mr. O’Neil.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..