Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2010, 22:46   #91
God Member

Re: Shots Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Agreed. He looks much fitter than he did in his early appearances. I thought Bobby Grant played much better down the left after Billy came on than he did while struggling to get on the ball up front with Symes. For me he hasn't been as effective down the middle recently as he was when he was moved inside earlier in the season. I would drop Miles on Saturday. I hope Symes recovers well for Saturday as he looked very tired in the last quarter of an hour, unsurprising considering the shifts he has put in these last 3 matches. Made up for Proccy, and hope his goal will encourage him to get in the box more often.
Agree with all of that. Procter is allowed to go forward more often when Joyce is in the team and it gives us a better balance all over. Jimmy Ryan's passing was mostly wayward tonight, though he battled hard as ever. If he's rested I hope Chris Turner is let loose on the Shrews
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-01-2010, 23:10   #92
Senior Member+

PS Second time something has been thrown at a coach, if its anyone near us, I will get to the bottom of it. Out of order!

I would have said , He was around 14-15 years old . We just don't need this ! My gut feeling is he lives around Livingstone road and has no money to get on the match . But just wants to cause agro outside the ground !
Old 26-01-2010, 23:35   #93

lets put sum eyes on the road for then two or so games ... do away bus no have cops with them... any way the last time i had to run after one nob few years ago when he robed sum flags off the clyton end only me .... so i go head bang in next few games ... p.s if i get them this will happen xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 02:24   #94
God Member

Congratulations STANLEY...Onwards.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 05:42   #95
God Member

strange one for me the midfield area as we are trying to play 3 central midfielders in two positions, Jimmy is not a winger hence few goals scored this season, Luke is more a hold up break up type player and Proccy is your box to box midfielder.

I would from a balance point of view either go with two from three or pack five in the midfield with two genuine wide men, In my eyes that's why Bobby is constantly drifting out to the left looking for the ball, not a critisicm just my own observation

Anyway what do I know it's a results business and they are certainly doing that

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 06:01   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
When I arrived, the stewards were turning away an 8 year old lad who had come with his grandma. She was going main stand, he wanted to be in the Clayton End. If we hadn't got involved then an 8 year old would have had 90 mins outside.....

If this is what our club is becoming then let me know, no point trying to recruit the youngsters of Accrington...

1200 came, I think it is f-in stupid to alienate the ones that do make the effort!!!!!

PS Second time something has been thrown at a coach, if its anyone near us, I will get to the bottom of it. Out of order!
Is there supposed to be a minimum age limit for entering a ground ? I was going on my own at that age
Old 27-01-2010, 07:46   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
When I arrived, the stewards were turning away an 8 year old lad who had come with his grandma. She was going main stand, he wanted to be in the Clayton End. If we hadn't got involved then an 8 year old would have had 90 mins outside.....

If this is what our club is becoming then let me know, no point trying to recruit the youngsters of Accrington...

1200 came, I think it is f-in stupid to alienate the ones that do make the effort!!!!!

Thanks mate, why was the young lad refused if his nan was there in other part of the ground?? I've always bleated about youth support as necessary to us building a fanbase. Hope the young hoolie gets a good talking to, cant have this spoiling stanleys reputation. It was smoking at the clayton end even fire engines were on standby lol.

Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 09:19   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Agreed on both accounts, though well done to Flynn for his stand-in appearance. Thought Kempo was dead-on with his man of the match decision; Dean Winnard played very well. Still ****ed off about that penalty shout (surely if it's deliberate hand ball it's a sending off offence, if it's not deliberate, it's not a penalty!) but thankfully justice was done. Well done reds that was a really good win tonight.
Having seen the incident close up (stood at bottom end of Main stand), Phil slipped on the greasy surface and (with rose tinted specs on) caught the ball with his hand accidentally (should really have been a red) however, ham-shanker of a ref allowed play to go on when Aldershot player committed a similar offence whilst jumping for the ball (clearest handball you will see, but nothing done or given).
To be fair, I think the team looked a little jaded yesterday, but the result was the right one. Excellent goal well taken by Billy Kee. I am warming to the lad now.
Personally, I see no reason why we cannot get three points at Shrewsbury on Saturday, hey if we can beat Rochdale and Bury at their grounds why not any team?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 16:09   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
From the picture, Shaker, it looks like the burger bar has backfired.
From this picture, I nearly went to the 2 Fire appliances at the back of the Whinney Hill attending a kitchen fire!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 27-01-2010, 21:45   #100
Senior Member+

Shots' manager doesn't think much of our pitch:
BBC Sport - Football - Accrington Stanley 2-1 Aldershot
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 21:48   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Same for both teams and I remember playing Shots on a wet night down south in our promotion year from the Conference, everyone thought it would be called off and had it been at Accy it would have been for a waterlogged pitch.

Old 28-01-2010, 21:43   #102

bet shots wish it had been called off Outback - didn't we play superbly and wop them 4 or 5 - 1 after a late pitch inspection.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 23:31   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
The same page now has two minutes of video highlights.

And, yes, it was 4-1 away at Shots in 2006:
Accrington Stanley
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..