Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2007, 21:20   #1

Simply not good enough

As much as i want stanley to do well, i really do think the most we can expect of the team is survival every season, no matter how much ppl on here start goin on about that we will get promoted, i just don't think it will ever happen , we are just going 2 be a yo yo team win 1 week then lose the nxt, put in a really grt performance then the wk after just let ourselves down, i just don't think we will ever get the consistency we really need no matter how much endeavour the lads put in, it just never seems to happen.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2007, 22:43   #2
Member.

Re: Simply not good enough

I felt negative today, it comes from wanting to believe with can match the best of them and secure a mid table position early on and hold it. Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that as we are back where we left off last season.

Football is a team game, it’s like battle, to survive and be victorious you have to plan, communicate and move forward with determination and guile, pushing the boundaries of leadership and attack, attack, attack, us? Well the Ultras can do it on the terraces, but we lack determination and guile on the pitch, the last two games before today we put subs on for to late in the game, today we take the best man off the pitch (Boco) and leave Miles on who may have been carrying an injury, (I’m not thinking of positions) we then take Mully off and leave Mc Lardy on. Don’t get me wrong, I like Evil, but he’s not showing any real level of fitness as yet.

Some of this might be over the Top, but like our Roo (there’s no “F” in Roof) it’s not finished yet.

I heard that the lads sat and watched the Darlo game back to learn from it before today match; with a bit of luck they will watch the Lincoln game back and take notice this time. It might be idea if JC a JB watch it as well because I think leadership is an issue here. Alas, tomorrow is another day and Saturday is a game to win, if we do I’ll kiss JC’s arse in the centre circle. Shorts on of course.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 23:36   #3

Don't get too despondent about today, unless you have been harboring thoughts of a play-off place at the end of the season.

The reality is we lost away to a team that will be there or there abouts for the play-offs (they always are, without going up). We were a distant second, but it doesn't really matter. Despite all the protestestations to the contrary, Stanley were never in with a realistic shout of promotion and mid-table would be a great finish.

That means that we have to take points off the Barnets, Rochdales, Mansfields, Chesters and Macclesfields of this world and we'll be alright. So ignore the results so far, enjoy the Peterborough game next week for what it is (a chance to pick up a few bonus points), and concentrate on Grimsby at home on the 8th. September. That's the first game this season that really matters.

Lose that and we can begin researching the route to Farsley Celtic.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 23:43   #4
Senior Member+

[quote=Doug;464149].... I’ll kiss JC’s arse in the centre circle. /quote]

Cheered me up nicely Doug, anything's better than the crossbar challenge.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 01:14   #5
Member.

[quote=Oggy;464156]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
.... I’ll kiss JC’s arse in the centre circle. /quote]

Cheered me up nicely Doug, anything's better than the crossbar challenge.

I'll kiss the whole sqaud for a grand............. I'll do it an all.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..