Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2007, 21:32   #46
God Member

Re: Smoking Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
If a venue has a back wall
and side walls of 5m and the roof extends 10m then the premises are not substantially enclosed and the ban will
not apply.

further explanation of why the Clayton End isn't covered
sorry, its been covered for a few weeks now
Old 13-09-2007, 21:33   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think the problem is that while the venue itself may be allowed to use discretion, LCC still have overall jurisdiction of ground licencing. The problem there is that the bureaucrats at LCC and public opinion will always be the opposite
well Burnley must fall under the same rule via the Football League and LCC, but what about Rovers? whats the situation down there? do they have designated areas?
Old 13-09-2007, 21:39   #48
God Member

Quote:
well Burnley must fall under the same rule via the Football League and LCC, but what about Rovers? whats the situation down there? do they have designated areas?
Definately no pass outs at the Turf, we have to suffer for the full 90 minutes weed free
Old 13-09-2007, 21:43   #49
God Member

By the way if you ever get drawn away to Derby in the cup, don't wear your colours and sit in the home end. You get a pass out at half time. Away fans don't
Old 13-09-2007, 21:53   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Definately no pass outs at the Turf, we have to suffer for the full 90 minutes
You said it , pal.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 23:00   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
You said it , pal.
Sorry, that was pretty lame.

Find this a very strange thread, don't like to think of any Stanley fans killing themselves through smoking, and I'm sure Eric agrees.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 07:54   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Sorry, that was pretty lame.

I can do banter with the best of them Oggy And definately suffered some crap down there over the years so there was some truth in it lol
Old 14-09-2007, 14:36   #53
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al View Post
As for OT cricket ground, it is not regulated by the FA but bet it will be revised in not too distant future to comply with all sporting venues.
A days cricket lasts a lot longer than 90 mins and they are suffering more than Stanley with getting people in. That is why they are trying their best to keep the people who watch the game happy, Stanley just seem to be alienating people by not trying to find a way round this as other clubs have done, Eric must have put Russell (Arsehole) Whalley in charge of this problem.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 14:50   #54

What about SNUFF ?

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 17:41   #55
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
What about SNUFF ?
Stuff your Snuff

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 17:57   #56
God Member

snuff off!
Old 14-09-2007, 18:22   #57
God Member

That's a snuff, all this name calling is making me tired, I'm going gnome.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 22:48   #58

Macca, although a steward, you know I have followed Stanley through thick & thin for many years now. I am aware of the problems you smokers are enduring due to the new July 1st Act as equally is the club. I know Mick has put your case to all authorities & sought alternative options to provide a bit of relief for your "stress relief sessions". This has added another demand on stewards at all grounds, I was at Rochdale last Sunday & they have the same ruling, when we have enough on our plates ensuring you guys go home in the same shape as you came into the ground-sorry can't speak for the teams performance or lack of it on the pitch in contribution to this- along with demarkation lines for alcohol as well now. If you feel you can open doors wth the information you have posted put it to the Lancs licencing office who have put the barriers up, maybe public pressure may open up an avenue for you in which the club, on obtaining the relevent permission, may well accomodate your habit. Unfortunately I suspect you will hit the same stone wall the club have, but as they say if you don't ask .........
Old 14-09-2007, 23:14   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
no smoking down ewood macca,one of the reasons i dont go much now,having to sit down is another.
Old 14-09-2007, 23:23   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no smoking down ewood macca,one of the reasons i dont go much now,having to sit down is another.
time you came back to stanley and stood with me then cashy

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..