Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2007, 19:13   #1
God Member

stand design

which design should we have when cow shed gets redeveloped i think the one below looks alright does anybody else have any designs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ts.jpg (2.5 KB, 69 views)
Old 29-05-2007, 19:30   #2
God Member

Smile Re: stand design

Nice design! I think the new stand will be similar to the current one which I thinks holds 1200? if that is the case does that mean the ground capacity will increase?
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 19:30   #3
Senior Member+

Re: stand design

http://viewfinder.english-heritage.o...bb93_11832.jpg

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 21:22   #4
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
which design should we have when cow shed gets redeveloped i think the one below looks alright does anybody else have any designs
the one at hartlepool would be alright put the changing rooms and dug outs in it that would be good
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 21:26   #5
Senior Member+

To be honest, the only worthwhile design would incorporate the changing rooms, etc
Old 29-05-2007, 22:16   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
To be honest, the only worthwhile design would incorporate the changing rooms, etc
your right tin then it would free up more space for more capacity or even corporate boxes heres another leaving space at each end for the terracing lets hop they leave the clayton end terraced...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2093605983.jpg (2.1 KB, 50 views)
Old 30-05-2007, 17:33   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Nice design! I think the new stand will be similar to the current one which I thinks holds 1200? if that is the case does that mean the ground capacity will increase?
The new stand needs to hold a damn site more than 1200, we have to have 3000 seats by the end of season 2008/2009 and if we should win promotion then I think that may go up to 5000. The other point is away supporters should also be assigned some seating. I personally like the idea of a stand with changing rooms/toilet facilities/catering facilities underneath, however, my big worry is the folks that live behind the cowshed, are they going to complain about a new stand etc etc - or could this actually work in the clubs favour and a new ground be built.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 17:34   #8

Are you sure about the seating figures there? Im pretty sure the new Whinney Hill stand will only contain 900 seats.
Old 30-05-2007, 17:40   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
The new stand needs to hold a damn site more than 1200, we have to have 3000 seats by the end of season 2008/2009 and if we should win promotion then I think that may go up to 5000. The other point is away supporters should also be assigned some seating. I personally like the idea of a stand with changing rooms/toilet facilities/catering facilities underneath, however, my big worry is the folks that live behind the cowshed, are they going to complain about a new stand etc etc - or could this actually work in the clubs favour and a new ground be built.
if the supporters club federation get there way which i hope they do we might not need seating http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6704380.stm
Old 30-05-2007, 17:42   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
if the supporters club federation get there way which i hope they do we might not need seating http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6704380.stm
So I have just heard on North West Tonight

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 30-05-2007, 17:43   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Are you sure about the seating figures there? Im pretty sure the new Whinney Hill stand will only contain 900 seats.
Certainly the figure of 3000, but maybe the cowshed will only get 900 seats, that means we have to put 900 elsewhere on the ground

Old 30-05-2007, 18:21   #12
I am Banned

Smile Re: stand design

The number of seats required by the end of next season, assuming continued membership for season 2008/9 is 2000, within a minimum of a 5000 capacity.
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 18:32   #13
God Member

Maybe the bigger question is it worth re-developing the Ground or moving elsewhere? Stanley need the town and the borough behind them the Council does seem to have healed the wounds with the club but what about the stay away fans? What more can be done to encourage people to come on a Saturday certainly I think personally on Season Tickets that the cost of under 16's but over 12's is too high compared with other clubs. The club must be commended on the Junior Membership this is a brilliant piece of marketing, the only other gripe on Season Tickets is that I think the club missed a trick by not offering the facility to pay over a period of months by direct debit not everybody is fortunate enough to pay the full amount within a two week window.
Old 30-05-2007, 18:39   #14
God Member

stuff like Direct Debit will come but it isn't easy to set up AND operate unless you go the whole hog of having turnstile swipe cards etc, otherwise you need to be sending out blocks of tickets every couple of months after checking they are paid up to date.

As and when the facilties are consistent with the level of football that we are playing then we go out and really push the boat out with respect to trying to get the town in the ground. A big push last year or now or this year will only bring them into a lacklustre and wet ground that will not entice them back. It doesn't happen overnight but when the ground is ready the OSC and no doubt the Ultras will be on the streets grabbing and cajoling folk through the doors
Old 30-05-2007, 18:51   #15
God Member

Appreciate and take on board your points Rob I take nothing away from what you guys and everybody associated with the club do it is a pleasure to come and watch and support Stanley and be associated with a fantastic club so much so that three more season tickets have been sold on what I saw last season as a regular walk on. It's took me over twenty years to re-kindle my passion for the glorious game but Stanley and it's impassioned support has achieved that!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..