Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2004, 21:25   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley 1-0 Canvey

Ged is our best midfielder by a long way............................................... ................................................ One or two games he has not been perfect, But who is??

He is a very clever player who lets the ball do the work, but is usually in the right place at the right time .. Long may he reign at stanley....
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2004, 21:32   #17
Senior Member+

Ged is the kind of player every team needs, as simon said he is a very clever player, very good tackler, good passer and can score goals.

He is vastly experienced in the league and is a quality player.....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 21:47   #18

I do agree that Ged Brannan is a vastly experienced player and can run all day, but isn't Proctor that kind of player? I dont think Ged played well Saturday (just my opinion!) Jags was dropped for not playing well and Proctor coming back from injury. Why not swap it around again? Jags looked like he had benefited from his time on the bench judging by his appearance on Saturday... You cant expect players to play every game, particularly someone of Geds calibre, like I said earlier he runs all game. Are we afraid of using other players in the squad? Mr Coleman will have to use them at some point, through injuries, suspensions etc.

Where is Shurm by the way? Havent seen him on the board for ages..
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 22:09   #19
Senior Member+

I think Jaggers determination and energy on Saturday was just because he was brought on for the last ten and its easy enough putting in all of your effort in for 10 minutes. Jaggers wouldn't do this for a full game and I don't think he is better than prock or ged. Jaggers always seems to go backwards when he's got the ball instead of forwards and we need him to turn around and thread balls through in the danger area as he did in pre-season. I think our midfield at the moment except rory is at its best on paper but the under par performance on Saturday from ged and proccy and even ian craney let them down but we came away with 3 points.

On to Saturday's game away at FGR. In my opinion I feel coley should bang 2 up front. I've always said the 4-5-1 works well away from home but when we are playing 'poor' sides who we should be beating home and away its got to be 4-4-2 for me. Play Evil up with Mullers and I think the game is ours.

I think Saturday we are expected to win and I for one think it is a must win game to keep us in the chasing pack as they all have one game in hand, so it's got to be won. We are more than capable of beating the lower sides and I'll be there to cheer the lads on hopfully for an away win.......

PS, Shurms gone shy

Last edited by Smiffy16; 29-11-2004 at 22:10.
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2004, 16:40   #20

Yeah i also agree ged has played off par recently but give him a chance

Ps How much sh*te does knowthescore talk does anybody else want the pleasure of taking that last karma piont away as ive already taken a few LOL Knowsthescore get a grip
Old 30-11-2004, 19:08   #21

Thanks to whoever did take his last karma what happens now does he go - karma LOL

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..