Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 23:35   #76
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: STANLEY ARE BACK Exhibition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I said he could have the poster what more could I do..........
Don't want the poster anymore.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2007, 13:52   #77
God Member

so only 4 accywebbers been... anyone going this weekend? go on ya know ya want to
Old 12-01-2007, 14:26   #78

Yes, I'll pop in this weekend.

...and if the nice lady isn't on the door, there's always your exhibition to look at Kipax!!!
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 14:39   #79

Me, my daughter and my son went last weekend. Worth going to.. I've lived in Accrington for about 30-odd years and it's the first time I've been to Haworth art gallery.
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 15:22   #80
God Member

I'll be going on Sunday

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 19:26   #81
God Member

so am i ill be there sunday too......
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 20:16   #82
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Glad I went last Sunday as it looks like it could get a bit crowded this weekend.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 14:25   #83
Full Member+

Went up early this afternoon, a great exhibition. Especially liked the shot of Roberts getting booked! Maybe send the team up before the Mansfield game to remind `em what they are capable of.
Old 14-01-2007, 14:29   #84
Super Moderator

Good idea, but don't let 'em look at the Garth Dawson one of the stand being demolished with the supporter sat in front in an attitude of complete despair! It'll just demoralise them even more!
Old 14-01-2007, 18:49   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Good idea, but don't let 'em look at the Garth Dawson one of the stand being demolished with the supporter sat in front in an attitude of complete despair! It'll just demoralise them even more!
I was still living in Manchester at the time, but, seeing that pic today, reminded me of seeing the same, or similar, in the national press........ I had tears in my eyes then, as I did today.............
Who was that fan..... can he be traced today??
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 18:56   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick View Post
Went up early this afternoon, a great exhibition. Especially liked the shot of Roberts getting booked! Maybe send the team up before the Mansfield game to remind `em what they are capable of.
Maybe we crossed paths!! I was also there today, about 3pm!
I concur with your comments about sending the current squad to view..... perhaps. with this, Coley may be able to instill in them the passion we had last season!!
Something I think is missing, this time around.
Sorry, only my opinion.
Old 14-01-2007, 19:12   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
so only 4 accywebbers been... anyone going this weekend? go on ya know ya want to
Sorry, Mr K, I replied to other comments before this, but, I've got to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the exhibition...... all credit to you, lots of great pics, &, all thanks to you for your efforts in putting this before the great Accy public.

As I don't get to away games, I missed out on the final one where we won the championship...... but, seeing your pictures today, I felt as though I had been there.....

As someone who had Garth Dawson do my wedding photos, I place you amongst the top photographers in this region...... Sorry, I know you don't do wedding photos, so, don't want to appear patronising!!!
(Can't do Smileys!!!!)
Old 14-01-2007, 19:39   #88
God Member

I am really glad you enjoyed it... I do appreciate the comments as well Just glad people "get it" as I think some maybe going to see a history of stanley or soemhting.. but its just meant to be the conf winning business

There not even supposed to be the best pics... for example the first one in the woking away pics is a pic of people jumping up and its mostly backs of people... If I was to show that as a good picture people would laugh at me... But the fact that it was the second or two that the final whistle blew confirming the title and promotion to the league makes it an important pic... so its the relevance rarther than quality... Just glad its well recieved..ta
Old 14-01-2007, 19:44   #89
Member.

Can I ask if you have plans to post the entire exhibition “with the captions and photos of the silver display” on the fishy site after it closes so all those who couldn’t can?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 19:47   #90
Give, give, give member

As promised, will be going to see it....and give a critique.

Was going to go today, but not too good.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..