Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2007, 19:48   #91
God Member

Re: STANLEY ARE BACK Exhibition

I don't think that would be fair onm the supporters club who will own it as they will want to exhibit it again.. at the open day for example.
Old 14-01-2007, 19:52   #92
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
I don't think that would be fair onm the supporters club who will own it as they will want to exhibit it again.. at the open day for example.
I am sure they would, and should whip them out as often as possible. But why can't copies of the mounted prints and captions be posted in a virtual exhibition on the fishy site or even the OSC site come to think of it. Even those in asia will get a gander at them then.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 19:53   #93
Super Moderator

Went up there before the match yesterday and really enjoyed it. I urge everybody who can do, to come along. When you actually see Mr K's pictures blown up to a larger size and on display, it brings out qualities in them that you don't always see on t'fishy site. And Garth Dawson's pics are a fascinating look back to the past. Highly recommended!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 14-01-2007 at 19:58.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 19:58   #94
I am Banned

Kipax,

Had the pleasure of visiting today.

Superb is the only word I can use.

Yes, I do think we need to send the current squad to view it soon to remind them all how much pride, passion and hard work went into last season's triumph.

One minor comment; there's a picture of coley embrassing a keeper after the 1-0 win at Alty. The caption says Jon Kennedy, but surely it was Steve Jones in goal. (the following day he announced his retirement).

Also Rob Heys has managed to avoid being caught on camera!!
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 20:04   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
I am really glad you enjoyed it... I do appreciate the comments as well Just glad people "get it" as I think some maybe going to see a history of stanley or soemhting.. but its just meant to be the conf winning business

There not even supposed to be the best pics... for example the first one in the woking away pics is a pic of people jumping up and its mostly backs of people... If I was to show that as a good picture people would laugh at me... But the fact that it was the second or two that the final whistle blew confirming the title and promotion to the league makes it an important pic... so its the relevance rarther than quality... Just glad its well recieved..ta
Got to say, Mr K, my wife looked at one particular pic, & said... But he's not got all their faces!! (The one where we received the trophy) I had to explain to her, that it was not a 'posed' photo, but more a capture of the moment!!
She's only used to looking at wedding photos!!!!!
I liked the sillhouette, especially, as I got one similar on my digicam.
Really enjoyed it today, looking forward to seeing same in the clubhouse (that's if we get to enjoy a drink there before the game!)
KiTChener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 23:23   #96
God Member

Kitchener, I was there around 3pm, if you were there when the noisy couple of kids were, then they were mine, and the mental Springer Spaniel in the grounds was mine as well.

As far as displaying the pictures to a wider Internet audience is concerned Kipax, my opinion is do it. As the OSC is there to promote the word of Stanley then there is no reason why you shouldn't. Our owning of the exhibition after closure is there firstly to ensure that no third parties profit from it and secondly to ensure that as an asset it can be viewed whenever possible. Therefore, Kipax.com would serve the club well. It would have to go to the vote of course................................. but that seems to go in favour of whoever suggested it every time at the mo
Old 14-01-2007, 23:33   #97
God Member

well thats kewl by me... i just wouldnt have done it off my own bat.... but more than happy to if you are.... also like wyonnie harris says.... they do look different blown up in print than on a website

doug you are charged with reminding me about all this when the current exhibition ends
Old 14-01-2007, 23:37   #98
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I was very impressed as I've often thought the small pics on the website never do your photos justice for people viewing them.
Also mentioned by me.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 23:40   #99
God Member

I missed that bagpuss.. ooops
Old 15-01-2007, 19:36   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Kipax,

Had the pleasure of visiting today.

Superb is the only word I can use.

Yes, I do think we need to send the current squad to view it soon to remind them all how much pride, passion and hard work went into last season's triumph.

One minor comment; there's a picture of coley embrassing a keeper after the 1-0 win at Alty. The caption says Jon Kennedy, but surely it was Steve Jones in goal. (the following day he announced his retirement).

Also Rob Heys has managed to avoid being caught on camera!!
I think youll find thats Stuart Jones.
Old 21-01-2007, 16:37   #101
Senior Member+

Went up this afternoon with Hilda. Very nice job Mr.K., brings all the emotions back, and the fun.

Enjoyed reading the facsimile messages of congratulations from other clubs as well, makes you realise the size of the achievement in the sporting world, and how well received it was. [Particularly liked the one from Lancashire Cricket Club]

Anybody within striking distance, who's not been yet, it's on till Feb 18th.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2007, 19:38   #102
Resting in Peace

Had a look with Mrs. Red today. Brilliant display, Kipax -loved the photos esp. the one with Jimmy Bell tearing off the head of the Barrow unfortunate. Only one I didn't like was one with me on - am I really that old?
Should be compulsory for all Accy school classes to visit as a local heritage project, and not just the Stanley exhibits!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2007, 20:08   #103
God Member

I promise to go next week seems as we have no footy

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..