Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2012, 14:53   #1
Resting in Peace

Stanley art work

Just back from the Haworth art gallery where the annual open exhibition of mainly local artists is on. Visitors are invited to vote for their favourite work of art. I voted for Stephen Warne's great painting "Goal Celebration" which features some Stanley "faces" picked out of the crowd as the ball hits the back of the net. Not me, thank goodness, but unless I'm very much mistaken, there is a super likeness of Willie Miller in full cry. Made me feel quite nostalgic! Get up there and vote if you can.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2012, 15:41   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Stanley art work

Cheers,will have a sneck up yon tomoz.
Old 14-11-2012, 17:00   #3
Super Moderator

Sounds like me old school mate, Steve Warnes has done us proud!
Old 16-11-2012, 13:16   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Just back from the Haworth art gallery where the annual open exhibition of mainly local artists is on. Visitors are invited to vote for their favourite work of art. I voted for Stephen Warne's great painting "Goal Celebration" which features some Stanley "faces" picked out of the crowd as the ball hits the back of the net. Not me, thank goodness, but unless I'm very much mistaken, there is a super likeness of Willie Miller in full cry. Made me feel quite nostalgic! Get up there and vote if you can.
Just been up, tis a great painting, also a super likeness of Ilyas at the bottom, was nowhere or nothing to vote wi though? its well worth a trip up, Theres another great painting by Stephen Warnes downstairs in left hand room. But thats of a train.
Old 16-11-2012, 13:36   #5
Resting in Peace

Cashy, voting is by the ballot box just to the left of the reception desk. Voting slips are on the table in front of it. Forgot to mention you can buy the original display painting for a kings ransom, but there are copies for sale in the shop, poster size, I imagine, though I never got round to it. May go back up later.
Old 16-11-2012, 13:40   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashy, voting is by the ballot box just to the left of the reception desk. Voting slips are on the table in front of it. Forgot to mention you can buy the original display painting for a kings ransom, but there are copies for sale in the shop, poster size, I imagine, though I never got round to it. May go back up later.
Had a good natter wi the woman on reception, she told me were everything was, but never mentioned a vote. so i assumed twas oer wi?
Old 16-11-2012, 15:47   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Had a good natter wi the woman on reception, she told me were everything was, but never mentioned a vote. so i assumed twas oer wi?
No, she didn't encourage us to vote, either. We only knew because we vote every year. Voting's not over until the final day of the exhibition
Old 16-11-2012, 17:55   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
No, she didn't encourage us to vote, either. We only knew because we vote every year. Voting's not over until the final day of the exhibition
Ah well i shall return n vote, seeing it aint fer police commissioner.
Old 18-11-2012, 10:50   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Just been up, tis a great painting, also a super likeness of Ilyas at the bottom, was nowhere or nothing to vote wi though? its well worth a trip up, Theres another great painting by Stephen Warnes downstairs in left hand room. But thats of a train.
I'm more than certain that, like myself, Wyn Harris for one would have been astonished to read this sensitive yet erudite critique from one who is better known for his more ascerbic contributions to our Forum....'still waters' certainly do 'run deep' !!...more to follow Cashy ???.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 12:34   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I'm more than certain that, like myself, Wyn Harris for one would have been astonished to read this sensitive yet erudite critique from one who is better known for his more ascerbic contributions to our Forum....'still waters' certainly do 'run deep' !!...more to follow Cashy ???.
See yeh just don't know!!! As the owd priest on Father Ted says, "I'm cultured as feck.
Old 18-11-2012, 14:13   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Renowned art critic, international diplomat...there's no end to this lad's skills.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..