Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By ossy kid
  • 1 Post By Redraine
  • 8 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 1 Post By MikeA
  • 2 Post By smobile
  • 1 Post By TheWall
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By SamF
  • 1 Post By Bob Dobson

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2014, 03:06   #1

Stanley Fan from Australia

Hi Guys,

I live all the way over in Perth, Western Australia. Thought I'd jump on here to keep in touch with the stanley.

Why is an Australian on here, you ask? Well. My mate and I started up a cooperative managerial campaign on FIFA 09. One of us (the more attractive one) is a Man United fan, and the other a Liverpool fan. Naturally, we were at a bit of an impasse. Wanting to give ourselves a bit of a challenge, we decided to select the worst team in English football. At just 0.5 out of 5 stars, we selected ASFC. We toiled through season after season, getting sacked a lot. But we have repeated this every year since. FIFA 13 saw our most glorious success, eventually signing Neymar and winning the Premier League.

Unfortunately, our FIFA reality hasn't directly translated to Stanley's on field success. We have both become very fond, regardless. Needless to say, we don't get a lot of League 2 coverage in Australia, however we did have a couple of big nights with the FA Cup tie against Newcastle and the Playoff game against Stevenage (still annoyed at McConville) being broadcast on Foxtel (Sky) over here a few years back.

If anyone could point me in the direction of full game replays/videos, that'd be great!

Cheers,

Hussey

Last edited by hussey; 31-03-2014 at 03:08.
hussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2014, 03:42   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley Fan from Australia

Hi and welcome, from another Stanley, totally commited, supporter from the west coast of Canada.
hussey likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 09:12   #3
Resting in Peace

Still annoyed with McConville, eh? Love it!

Here's a good recent one against our local rivals!
Accrington 5-1 Morecambe | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
hussey likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 10:53   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussey View Post
Wanting to give ourselves a bit of a challenge, we decided to select the worst team ....

...still annoyed at McConville

Hussey
I think when you write "worst" you actually mean the 'smallest', the most 'skint', or the team that defies all the odds of money-mad football. Don't you!

As for McConville, some of us would be even more annoyed if he was still with us.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 11:53   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Here's a good recent one against our local rivals!
Accrington 5-1 Morecambe | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
...and you can usually get highlights of our most recent two or three matches on the same site at:
Accrington Stanley News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Sky Sports
hussey likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 12:32   #6

Welcome to the forum.

As for McConville, I couldn't give a Castlemaine XXXX about him.
cashman and hussey like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 12:54   #7
Junior Member+

Hey Hussey, I'm a Stanley fan in Perth too although a born and bred Accy lad!! Sportsbet stream the odd game like the Pompey one and you get the highlights on youtube as skysports won't work for us out here.
hussey likes this.
TheWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 13:29   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Welcome to the forum Hussey.
hussey likes this.
Old 31-03-2014, 14:04   #9

Quite a coincidence - I'm currently on holiday in Perth!

Went to the Glory game yesterday and must say Stanley would have played them off the park!
hussey likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 14:09   #10
Senior Member+

We're rolling out the red carpet for you, Hussey.
hussey likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:05   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I think when you write "worst" you actually mean the 'smallest', the most 'skint', or the team that defies all the odds of money-mad football. Don't you!

As for McConville, some of us would be even more annoyed if he was still with us.
haha! I meant to type "worst *rated by EA Sports*". There is a difference, I'm glad you noticed and gave me the benfit of the doubt!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:13   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Quite a coincidence - I'm currently on holiday in Perth!

Went to the Glory game yesterday and must say Stanley would have played them off the park!
Hey mate, how long you in Perth for?

Yeah, I've long thought the Glory is an expensive nap. But it's not all that bad. Wolves came over for a preseason friendly a few years back and the Glory (only) lost 1-0. But I'm pretty sure Wolves were in holiday mode. Stanley would probably be competing for the A league title if they were over here.

I might start up a petition to get them a league transfer. Playoff loser plays a year in A-league? Would spice things up a bit.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:44   #13

I'm here until Saturday - been out for a couple of weeks already.

To be fair I'm sure in the Aussie Summer the Glory would have an advantage but the lack of pace in the game on Sunday when it wasn't even that warm was surprising!
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..