Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2008, 08:16   #1
Senior Member+

Stanley's part in Wrexham's downfall

"Accrington Stanley 5 - 0 Wrexham
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffcc" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Accrington has been brutal to us over the last few seasons.

For me - the above scoreline was the STARTING point of all of this on field rot. We have be dire since that result. I was there - and I have still not witnessed anything as soul destroying as that.

Why were we never able to recover from that result.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
Wrexham R.I.P. "

This was posted yesterday on:

Red Passion Online Message Board - Accrington Stanley 5 - 0 Wrexham

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2008, 08:21   #2
God Member

Re: Stanley's part in Wrexham's downfall

I would suggest to the author of that piece that the Accy match wasn't the starting point -it was at the moment when those players put pen to paper for Wrexham.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 15:18   #3
Senior Member+

Also:

"Worst game for a long time. It could have been due to the fact that we had been relegated but we looked a Division below Accrington Stanley. Very few players had a good game and if this is the side for the Blue Square next season...God help us.

Some positives were Fleming,Taylor and Done (when will someone teach Done how to shoot). The negatives were Jones, Pejic, and Evans (both). Little has a huge rebuilding job and, at present, I can't see us as a threat next season.

To give us some hope, I noted from the programme that Acc. Stanley were in the Division below what was the Unibond in 2000. They have come up 3 times since then. Hope we don't have to do the same."

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 15:22   #4
Senior Member+

Just love these two photos from that night (Cav's goal).

LC2L5345.jpg :: Accy v Wrexham

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008, 11:34   #5
Senior Member+

fantastic!!!

Loweiy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..