Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2010, 18:45   #16

Re: Team vs Chesterfield, ring the changes!

3.4.3 i would like to see but it not its a 2 up front and rayn free all over picth 1 bavs 2 winnard.3 hessy 4 edwards 5 joyce 6 procky 7 putterill 8 bateson 9 parky 10 ryan 11 gornell. subs smythes richardson long lingfild yth keeper
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2010, 19:18   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

4-3-3 or 3-4-3, the options are there, used well by the likes of Barcelona who don't have big tall guys, but small & nippy. Especially 3-4-3 the midfield can drop back as required & still maintain a strong presence in the middle for breaks, plus bring the ball forward while the 3 strikers position themselves in attacking positions.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 20:21   #18
Senior Member+

I think that we have suffered very badly from the suspensions. In those early games, we benfitted tremendously from the forward runs by Johnny Bateson and Dean Winnard. They gave us width and an extra forward so often. That has been missing. Sean Hessey was fine alongside Phil but he has been completely out of his depth at left back. I agree with Shakermaker about the similarity with Branch - that thought crossed my mind at Hereford. But he would have to be very much worse still to match Branch at his best.

I cannot understand the way that Coley treats his goalkeepers. I first noted this mystery at Watford when Bavs, who had been oustanding, was replaced by Robbie Elliott for the penalty shoot-out. I could see no reason for dropping Bavs at Hereford. In that game, only 1 player (Phil) of the back 5 was playing in his usual role. Surely it's important for the back 5 to be accustomed to playing together as a unit with minimal disruption.

Anyway, for Tuesday, I would go for :

Bavs

Bateson Edwards Hessey Winnard

Proccy Joyce

Ryan Putterill Barnett

Gornell
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 21:05   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if jimmy ryan is carrying n injury, as someone said, i would give the lad a miss on tuesday, chance of him being 100% fer the cup tie then. if hes 100% fit, then he must play.
Old 31-10-2010, 22:07   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

This is constructive criticism, aint rocket science, ya dont need qualifications! Various England managers have played Stevie G, outa position= Result a poor display, Play him in his best position= result Great player, same principle must apply to Stanley surely?
Old 01-11-2010, 18:14   #21

My 11, would be:

Gk: Bavs
Def:Winnard RB Edwards CB Long CB (great height and Hessey out of form) Bateson LB
Mid: Denfisive Mids: Joyce and Proccy Attacking Mid: Ryan RM Turner LM Puttrill
Foward: Gornell.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..