Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2009, 19:19   #1

the first couple of weeks...

Good evening everyone. I dont know about you, but the past two weeks feel as if they have been two months. So much has happened that its been difficult at times just to keep up.

I wanted to post this message in order to continue to fulfill my pledge of being accessible, and open. Its very easy once you get into the position of a board member or "insider" to find all kinds of reasons for keeping quiet, or out of sight, but I hope that will not be the case with me and ASFC.

I am going to be up and around on this site and logged in for about an hour, and will try my best to get back to any questions that arise, but here is my quick summary.

• yes, i am thrilled to pieces with the Leeds draw. See you all at Elland Road. I agree with many of the people who have posted and said that we need the press behind us to get as much attention to the game as possible. Hopefully i can add to that process.
  • Peter Marsden and I have had a few constructive and positive meetings with David and Rob. Its clearly a challenge to put all the past behind us, but I wish you all to know that both sides are genuine, and we have been very deliberate about our actions as well as our words.
  • Right now, we are still in the process of putting together a clear record of the financial affairs. I am hoping that prior to the end of November we really are all seeing the same facts, and can then look to provide solutions. Clearly the club has been troubled for a while. The debt was all accumulated whilst Whalley was in charge, and the accounts will take a while to reconstruct. What took time to build up will not be solved overnight.
  • my focus has shifted slightly from historic debt to the club. initially the squad (and yes, coleman is fabulous, his team are the bees knees and I want to do all I can to make them our priority), then the ground, and then the overall infrastructure around the ground
  • I am afraid I cannot make all the games, but I do hope to be at Bradford, and then of course Leeds.
  • On ownership, please note that David O Neil's comments to the Observer are accurate. As of right now Eric Whalley owns approx 51% of the shares outstanding. However I also confirm that David is actively trying to complete a deal that he and Eric have agreed. I am not privy to that deal, so I cannot comment on the timing, but I do know that David is trying his best to get things sorted out.
  • On other debt, I hope that by the end of the month we have a clear picture, which I will share with our stakeholders (including fans)
  • A board meeting appointing Peter and I did take place, and I can confirm that Rob Heys is dealing with the registration. You should not assume that a lack of any update at company's house is somehow suspicious
  • I have pledged over and now completed transfer of the shares to the ASSF that i used to own. Peter Shaw has committed to push ahead asap to convert these shares into a trust that can be widely held by all fans.
Beyond that, David has put his focus onto the day to day running of the club. He makes all decisions there, and is the primary liason with both the Press and with internal staff. Rob works for him. This is the arrangement that was agreed, and i am pleased to say it works. Peter and I bring other qualities to the table, and as I think I said at the time of the funding going in, I shall bring my attention to bear on financial matters.

I close by saying that I remain enthusiastic and committed. I promise to let you know if things change. that is for sure. I am there on behalf of the community, and all stakeholders, not for myself or any group of single shareholders.

I hope this helps, somewhat.

with my regards
Ilyas
Monday 8.15pm
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2009, 19:28   #2

Re: the first couple of weeks...

Hi Ilyas
Thank you for your comprehensive posting, as alway informative, honest and inspiring! Question I have at the moment is the timeline for getting the transfer embargo lifted? I'm sure I wasn't the only one worried by that dreadful foul on Bavs on Saturday! Any idea when this will be lifted and JC able to bring some loan players in?
Preston Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 19:32   #3

Preston. When I spoke with John Coleman on the day after the tax bill was paid, I told him that the earliest I expected to be able to clear the ban was Jan 1st 1010 and the latest was the end of the season. I think this was reported in the press, and was also part of the Radio Lancs interview I did on that friday. Nothing has changed to be honest. I think that in the past there have been quite a few expectations that were set, and then not met, so I wish to be conservative, and thereby ensure we are all realistic.

I do however confirm that the transfer ban is quite a major issue that I wish to resolve. I also confirm that I cant see anyway around resolving it other than getting to the bottom of, and then paying off, the relevant debt. Bear with me on this, and I woudl hope to post an update prior to the Leeds game.

Ilyas
Old 16-11-2009, 19:36   #4

Thanks Ilyas for the clarification. I shall eat my tea in peace now. Kind regards
Preston Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 19:41   #5
Full Member+

Dear Ilyas, many thanks for the update. Is there any more news on the share issue and when certificates, shares etc. will be sent out?
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 19:47   #6

Good evening Ilyas,
Would it be possible to mention to the commercial arm of ASFC that confusion reigns, and for them to please clarify the situation with regard to the "Share Package" offer.
The number has been reduced from 1,000 to 500 and yet the information regarding the "Premium Packages" is still there eg special numbers 100, 1,000 etc.
Also I judge that a number of interested fans are holding back until it is stated in black and white that the shares do hold voting rights.
Many thanks for your committed time and efforts for ASFC.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 19:48   #7

Teach
I am just getting my teeth into the share issue now. The only thing that I can say is that limited staff within the club were unable to focus enough attention on the matter, but I do take it very seriously. I promise that the club will make a clarifying statement prior to the end of the month on the scheme as a whole.

In the meantime, if you have a personal issue (for example have paid for the shares, or have applied, then send me a PM with your email address and the circumstances, and I can then try to provide you with specific feedback.

In principle I think we will probably not issue as many shares as was originally intended right now, and think of the share issue as part of the overall financing. the key caveat is that we need to respect and honour those people who actually stepped forward to participate, and who now have the rights to what will be historically and emotionally important souvenirs, as well as being shares representing ownership.

I wish i could be more specific, but on this, I have to ask for some further time, but not much !

Ilyas
Old 16-11-2009, 19:49   #8

can we not get 2 plays in then . they can put the ban back on us.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 19:52   #9

hello Grimps. how are you ? thank you for making yourself known on saturday last week. You are not half as terrifying as I had been led to believe ! but i know i will always feel safe with you and Jase nearby.

You ask a good question, and one i shall make it my job to find out about. i will come back to you on that. will you be making the trip to wild and woolly yorks ?
Old 16-11-2009, 19:57   #10
Full Member+

Thanks for the quick response. I'm happy to wait for further news, just wanted an update really.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 20:08   #11
God Member

I think the share issue is a great idea, maybe the timing could have been slightly better?

But unfortunately it's not for me in it's current guise price wise, I can't justify paying out that sort of money with Christmas looming and money being tight for most folk.

Maybe at some point in the future there may be a re-think on the pricing structure without the add ons to enable everyone who would want to participate and own their own little piece of the Club to be able to do so.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 20:10   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I think the share issue is a great idea, maybe the timing could have been slightly better?

But unfortunately it's not for me in it's current guise price wise, I can't justify paying out that sort of money with Christmas looming and money being tight for most folk.

Maybe at some point in the future there may be a re-think on the pricing structure without the add ons to enable everyone who would want to participate and own their own little piece of the Club to be able to do so.

Would have been the ideal present for me to get somebody for Christmas but can't afford the frills nor justify them
Old 16-11-2009, 20:11   #13

will be at leeds and bury on wensday nite at home . got a running meeting in bolton on sat day so no to bradford . plus the last time i went to bradford it was 3-0 to the accy
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 21:02   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post

I'll pay £150 for the flexi ticket and the shirt - you pay £100 for the share and 10% off hospitality?

hows that?
Old 16-11-2009, 21:29   #15
Senior Member+

Thanks Ilyas. It is so refreshing to have an executive voice talking to the supporters. It was great to see you mixing in with the Ultras on the Clayton end against Salisbury, banging the drum and singing your head off. It is good to hear that yourself the DON and Rob are working together on clearing up the problems and establishing a new vision for the coming years. I am no financial wizard but may I ask a couple of questions about accounts? - Has the club produced accounts during our time in the Football League? Were they properly audited and/or approved by any form of AGM or Shareholders meeting? It seems to me that if this had been the case then the problems could have been addressed sooner before they became insurmountable. Will it be possible in the future, when you get the infrastructure sorted, for us to see a simple laymans version of the finacial status that we could all understand? I will be at Bradford being a nuisance blowing my plastic horn, which I bought at Ewood in the FA Cup 1st Round match against Crewe Alex in the early 1990's!! Ooh Ahh Cantona, By 'eck Paul Beck!!! Might have to miss out at Leeds as I have to sing Christmas Carols, (True!!). All the best.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..