Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2010, 18:22   #16
Senior Member+

Re: The Hoodoo Has Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
York would have been nearer but their fans can be a nightmare - still would have been interesting to see how the Cheltenham stewards dealt with them??
Thats the best bit

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-05-2010, 18:41   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Wouldn't have minded an awayday in York (top notch pubs!), but the superstitious part of me is glad that Oxford have done it...the spell is broken!
Not to worry Steve, there's some cracking boozers in Oxford, if you're up for a pre-match crawl. I think this will be one of my more blatant breaches of the intoxication rule
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 20:13   #18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Whalley View Post
Not to worry Steve, there's some cracking boozers in Oxford, if you're up for a pre-match crawl. I think this will be one of my more blatant breaches of the intoxication rule
Sounds promising, Phil. I will have to be consulting my Bradshaw's Railway Timetable!
Old 18-05-2010, 12:12   #19
Senior Member+

When Oxford went down I got onto Mark Lawrenson on 606 (ex manager of theirs) about us replacing them as they had replaced us 42 years earlier.

He echoed my sentiments that "you could not have scripted" such a scenario.

During my three years at Oxford I went to the old Manor Ground from time to time but always had this feeling of melancholy that it should be Peel Park.

When I later watched them lift the League Cup and at Old Trafford in the top flight I could not have guessed that they would end up swapping places with us again.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..