Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2009, 12:57   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: 'THe NEW OWNER' speculation thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
I am very happy with the new owner David will be a breth of fresh air around the place and he knows the place as well as anyone.

Good luck david

Loweiy
so are you saying the second bidder touted by media is a non starter?
Old 27-03-2009, 13:25   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsboy View Post
Can i just say eric is not dead we will still se him at matches he is a stanley fan and once a stanley fan you know we mite even see him in the clayton end
hard as it may be to understand that,i was aware of that fact.
Old 27-03-2009, 17:16   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik griff View Post
stanley ultras consortium!

i wish!!!!
sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 17:26   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
....also think by his efforts Accrington (the Town) has been put much higher on the map, n therefore reckon the "Council" should be looking at someway to acknowledge this fact. thats my 2 pennyworth.
Yeah!!!! How about Whalley Road???

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 17:26   #35
Senior Member+

I was talking to a Barrister in Manchester a couple of weeks back, and he told me a friend of his was interested in buying Stanley but that Eric was asking too much money, wish i'd took more interest in his friends name now!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 17:40   #36
Senior Member+

Do we really want people buying the club who have not already had some input into the club! I would want Dave O' Neil general manager of the club came along ealier with the recording of every stanley home match or Ilyas wanted to take over before but Eric said no, Paid money to name the stand! because 62' could happen again if its in the wrong hands! I belive Eric would not sell to someone who he did not belive had the best interestsof the club at heart and can only take the club foward!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 17:43   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i am a great believer in the owd saying MCR......Money Talks, Bullsh1t Walks. but hope yer correct.
Old 27-03-2009, 19:11   #38
K-P

Erics the chairman and owner... Bit quick on the buzzer some people

Doesnt anyone understand the press release... eric has accepted an offer.. that makes sure everyone knows its up for grabs... then they go on to make damm sure everyone in the world knows its not a done deal..

Am I the only one reading between the lines... its a for sale sign... either the don hasnt come up with the goods hence the delay thats already been.. or its one last throw of the dice to get a better offer.

Wakey wakey!

Least ways... Erics the boss.. lets not be slapping so called new owners on the back just yet.. its dissrespectful...

PS I posted last year that it will be a sad day for stanley if eric steps down.. that day is looming.. we are losing a chairman who we know loves the club.. takes far too much care over money and has given everyhting to taking the club into the football league.. its madness to suggest eric is responsible for every little thing that annoys you at the club... eric is responsible for what the club has achieved..

I hope all the deals fallm through and eric stays.. better the devil you know..

Just my opinion... dont go crying to yer mates about it
Old 27-03-2009, 19:25   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Erics the chairman and owner... Bit quick on the buzzer some people

Doesnt anyone understand the press release... eric has accepted an offer.. that makes sure everyone knows its up for grabs... then they go on to make damm sure everyone in the world knows its not a done deal..

Am I the only one reading between the lines... its a for sale sign... either the don hasnt come up with the goods hence the delay thats already been.. or its one last throw of the dice to get a better offer.

Wakey wakey!

Least ways... Erics the boss.. lets not be slapping so called new owners on the back just yet.. its dissrespectful...

PS I posted last year that it will be a sad day for stanley if eric steps down.. that day is looming.. we are losing a chairman who we know loves the club.. takes far too much care over money and has given everyhting to taking the club into the football league.. its madness to suggest eric is responsible for every little thing that annoys you at the club... eric is responsible for what the club has achieved..

I hope all the deals fallm through and eric stays.. better the devil you know..

Just my opinion... dont go crying to yer mates about it
Agree with most of your post K-P, But like Mullers, Eric must one day move on And I am sure that he will get the best deal and leave it in safe hands Do think you maybe right about the "For Sale Sign" , he even mentioned the "Text" he had received when he was talking to Gordon Burns - nice move from Eric

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 19:26   #40
Senior Member+

I am with you on this k-p what Eric has done for the club is unforgetable! I am nervous about new people taking over because will they put money they have not got in the transfer kitty than they don't look like eric! Which will than lead us to debt and back to 62' i hope Eric stays longer but am all up for investers putting money in the club transfer kitty
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 21:36   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

also agree with most of that K-P, impression i got from his interview was a very sad guy,who has taken stanley as far as he humanly can, and is reluctantly selling, also got the impression that he will leave the club in what he views safe hands. i thought the guy was near too tears. we shall have to see.
Old 28-03-2009, 08:05   #42
Senior Member+

I'll never forgive Eric for Eastwood Hanley away, in 1986 (I think it was)
Old 28-03-2009, 08:19   #43

Come on tin you should remember that day april 30th 1988, Eric ? Stanley through and through more like threw LOL
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 08:32   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
Come on tin you should remember that day april 30th 1988, Eric ? Stanley through and through more like threw LOL
I wasn't far off. Threw it is right, then he cleared off and took half the team with him!!!
Old 28-03-2009, 08:36   #45
God Member

Telegraph today

'accringon stanleys second biggest shareholder, Ilyas Khan, has declared his interest in rivalling the ofer of Dave O'Neil, to buy the club'

the article then goes on to not prove the rumour.

then there's an interview with Coley on how the takeover won't affect the team but hopes it will lead to additional funds for a promotion push next year.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..