Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 10:51   #1
God Member

The Stanley family

much has been said in the past about Stanley being a family club, yesterday proved to the world what our family is all about. It is most unfortunate that it took the death of one of our own to prove this but what a show of support we put on for each other and for Coxys blood family.

The Stanley family has lost many of its members over the years, most recently with Stan Spencer who was another who had done so much over the course of his life towards helping Accrington Stanley Football club to where it is today. Not everyone in the family will have had as good a send off as Antony did, which in part would have been due to his age, the tragedy of the cirumstances and the fact that everyone knew that Stanley was his blood.

But as we walked sadly down the road towards the chapel it almost felt like an away day, An away day of huge significance, a big cup game and the outside of the church was like Wembley Way with a sea of red and white and waving flags, balloons and scarves on display. The weather even broke for us and played its respectful part in proceedings. The atmosphere was rightly sombre but it still felt like a celebration of his life rather than saying goodbye to a friend. For my part I had done my grieving and goodbyes at the game on saturday, yesterday was about respect.

Respect for a friend, colleague, associate and FAMILY.

Yesterday was emotional and will live with all who witnessed it for a long time. But it also served to show the town that we are Stanley and we are one.

Be proud to be one of us.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:08   #2
God Member

Re: The Stanley family

A very good post Rob one that is both thought provoking and one that puts a lot of things into context

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:21   #3
Senior Member+

Absolutely spot on.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:35   #4
God Member

Yesterday was the perfect example of how strong the stanley family is and is a priveledge to be a part of. I was adopted from day 1 of coming to stanley, couldnt ask for a better belonging

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 13:50   #5
Senior Member+

Brilliant post Rob,

Proof in the pudding for me was the Newcastle game. Whilst im working away from home up in Scotland. Meeting up with likewise Stanley fans all brought together and a good time was had by all. All for one cause of supporting the club. Together we are Stanley.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 18:15   #6
Member.

Can't sat any more than what's been said. with you 100% Rob.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 18:21   #7

Great post. Watching from afar, the way people have rallied round after Coxy's death sums up just why Accrington Stanley is such a special little club. Credit to the club for their part in this. Sad times but it makes you proud to be a Stanley fan.
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 18:25   #8
Senior Member+

Gutted I couldent make the funeral.

Well said rob, RIP mate
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 16:52   #9

Spot on, quality turn out for coxy friday

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..