Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 23:18   #16
Senior Member+

Re: This weeks Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Is it possible that the DON hasn't actually put any money into the club? I know it probably sounds daft, I have just noticed that in the statement he issued on Monday he quoted that he had put £100k in plus another £50k which makes £150k. Could this be the £150k that is on the directors loan account on the balance sheet? What I'm getting at is that the DON agreed with EW that he would take on the debt and pay him £150k on top to buy his shareholding thus creating a directors loan?
That's exactly what I was hinting at in my post earlier.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2009, 23:24   #17
bdc

The whole episode just seems to get more complicated by the day, the thing that really worries me is the fact that the DON isn't registered as a director at companies house. At the end of the day if you had just parted with £150k you would want to get your name down on the deeds for Stanley unless there is something going on below the surface.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 00:25   #18
God Member

Hmmmmm..I sense a new plot for a BBC production..hey, maybe we could sell it to them for 308,000 pounds? ....
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:41   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Hmmmmm..I sense a new plot for a BBC production..hey, maybe we could sell it to them for 308,000 pounds? ....
Already prepared KJ !!....Doubt if Factual Productions would believe it though ??..so it's now going to be a Costume Drama !...Boy, could I have fun going down this 'lateral avenue' !...Villains!...Heroines!...Intrigue!...Idiots Galore!..and a cast of thousands...(well 1400 approx really!)...

Thanks for feeding my little bagatelle (Sorry SM!)..KJ!.. But I can't close without reminding him again!....Here it is:-

"I assure you that I will not let Accrington Stanley fold again.".

'LEST WE FORGET !!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:12   #20
Resting in Peace

The DON has well and truly nailed his colours to the mast with this statement in the Observer:-

"We have several large events taking place this month which will continue to bring money into the fund, and this together with contributions from a number of individuals at the club will ensure that the club is not wound up at the end of the month. Of course, there also has to be a longer-term plan, and we have three or four initiatives in the next couple of months that will ensure the club has a comfortable future. Details of the first of these will be in Saturday's matchday programme"

I am sure we can all breathe a little easier after such a firm public committment.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:52   #21
Super Moderator

Excellent article from a Stanley fan in this week's Observer

We’re a laughing stock - Accrington Stanley FC - Football - Sport - Accrington Observer

Critical, but calm and measured. Sums up my feelings exactly. Written by someone from here, perhaps?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:54   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Excellent article from a Stanley fan in this week's Observer

We’re a laughing stock - Accrington Stanley FC - Football - Sport - Accrington Observer

Critical, but calm and measured. Sums up my feelings exactly. Written by someone from here, perhaps?
"Stanley Forever" - aka Willie Miller?
Well done to the Observer, Dany in particular.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:25   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
The DON has well and truly nailed his colours to the mast with this statement in the Observer:-

"We have several large events taking place this month which will continue to bring money into the fund, and this together with contributions from a number of individuals at the club will ensure that the club is not wound up at the end of the month. Of course, there also has to be a longer-term plan, and we have three or four initiatives in the next couple of months that will ensure the club has a comfortable future. Details of the first of these will be in Saturday's matchday programme"

I am sure we can all breathe a little easier after such a firm public committment.
yep but the co-chairperson's feeble plea here

Lazarus: We need investment (From Lancashire Telegraph)

has just made me reach for my inhaler!!!
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:29   #24
Super Moderator

The whole thing is now entering the realms of farce...

“We’re looking for somebody to come in and say, ‘Here’s £200,000 for you’.

Have you not noticed, Marcelle? They already have done...repeatedly!!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:30   #25

"WE NEED INVESTMENT"....... i thought it had been offered and refused
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:32   #26

the tone of this article sounds DESPARATE......

ON STANLEY ON

THE CLUB THAT WONT DIE
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:37   #27
Senior Member+

In a nutshell Wyn !!....and has my concurrence as well!!....With this letter at their elbow, can 'The Board' and particularly our Joint-Chairpersons do anything else but act IMMEDIATELY to convince everyone that every intention they have regarding our Club is forged with the integrity which they maintain is theirs!!.

"I assure you that I will not let Accrington Stanley fold again.".

'LEST WE FORGET !!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:40   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The whole thing is now entering the realms of farce...

Have you not noticed, Marcelle? They already have done...repeatedly!!

So the answer is for the ASSF to reduce their offer by 50k then it is a done deal ?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:41   #29
God Member

words escape me
Old 09-10-2009, 09:42   #30
Senior Member+

The letter to the Observer was eloquently written, well done to whoever you are, the quotes from Marcelle begger belief. Just to remind you Marcelle, Ilyas Khan offered to put up £250k and was told where to go repeatedly. I'm sorry, but the club have refused what could have been a life saver. And yes I am very worried.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..