Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2009, 09:48   #31
Member.

Re: This weeks Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradshaw Boy View Post
yep but the co-chairperson's feeble plea here

Lazarus: We need investment (From Lancashire Telegraph)

has just made me reach for my inhaler!!!
[
Quote:
She said: “We’re hoping that we will be able to do some kind of deal with HMRC and we’re still quite hopeful that we’ll find the money”.
Please tell me you’ve not had your head stuck up your arse these last five weeks….THERE ARE NO DEALS you have had every opportunity to pay over the past 12 months or more and you the club have failed to pay, IF YOU DON’T PAY IN FULL when you return to court you will be responsible for killing this club, the pride of Accrington’s heart, not to mention the people you will make unemployed. If you can’t come up with anything better than this please **** off back from where you come from and let us go with dignity.

Quote:
“Dave is doing the day-to-day running of the club and he brought me in to raise the profile of the club and the brand,” said Lazarus.
You have got to be taking the ****…..

Mr O’Neil; get the resignation of those opposing the Khan offer and work with the man, meet in the middle somewhere before its two late.[/SIZE]

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2009, 10:07   #32

Marcelle says she as been in football for years. What connection is there between selling mobile phones to players and running a football club.
There is a Filling Station near Carrington where the Man U players fill up their Bentleys etc but the owner knows nothing about football (clubs) God help us if we are now asking for someone to come forward with £200K, it happened once but recent events make it unlikely to happen again. The bad press we have suffered will only drive away investors, and lets be honest there aren't that many around. Imagine taking this business proposition to the guys on Dragons Den.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:09   #33
Senior Member+

Not exactly how I would have said it Doug!!...but....

'WOW !!'

"I assure you that I will not let Accrington Stanley fold again."....HE said!!

'LEST WE FORGET !!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:27   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelle Lazaras
Dave is doing the day-to-day running of the club and he brought me in to raise the profile of the club and the brand.
Eric treated commercial managers like crap. Dave appoints them as co-Chair.

The Times They Are A-Changin'

shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:27   #35
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
I can understand that EW would not be willing to sign over the shares without getting his £150K therefore it would be reasonable that the Don cannot submit the paperwork for the shares to be registered in his name.

My question is, why has the Don not registered himself or Marcelle as directors of Accrington Stanley FC. One would assume that you must be a director in order to be a chairman or in this case joint chairman.

If this person is not registered as a director then how can he be classed as a chairman, following that how can he be making decisions that affect the club. He has been making decisions since July 09 or even before then.

As far as I know a person does not have to be a Director to be Chairman. As for registering as a shareholder, Director, etc. this does not need to be done until the Annual Return is sent in and Stanley's return is not due to be lodged until 14th December with information as at 16th November. When this return is sent to Companies House it should contain the names of new shareholders and new Chairpersons. There is nothing sinister about DON, etc. not being registered as shareholders/chairpersons at the moment.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:32   #36
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Is it possible that the DON hasn't actually put any money into the club? I know it probably sounds daft, I have just noticed that in the statement he issued on Monday he quoted that he had put £100k in plus another £50k which makes £150k.
It's been said many times but I will say it again. In October 2008 Stanley were at the High Court in London to defend a winding up order from HMRC. David O'Neill gave EW £100,000 to pay to HMRC to stop them from continuing with the winding up order. If DON had not given EW £100,000 the club would have been wound up in October 2008. That is the £100,000 DON put into the club. I don't know anything about the other £50,000 he says he has put in but I can believe he has done.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:43   #37
God Member

Any commercial managers out there who 'worked' under EW shouldn't feel alone. Everyone was treated like c**p.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:44   #38

“Dave is doing the day-to-day running of the club and he brought me in to raise the profile of the club and the brand,” said Lazarus.

I think she's done a great job! Since she's started raising our profile, we seem to be on the telly non-stop and in newspapers and on the radio. There's also been a renewed interest ont t'internet.
Well done Marcelle.............(Sarcasm, just in case you didn't notice)
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 18:24   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by local red View Post
“dave is doing the day-to-day running of the club and he brought me in to raise the profile of the club and the brand,” said lazarus.

I think she's done a great job! Since she's started raising our profile, we seem to be on the telly non-stop and in newspapers and on the radio. There's also been a renewed interest ont t'internet.
Well done marcelle.............(sarcasm, just in case you didn't notice)
Great post that.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 19:45   #40

Some points have had me shaking my head

Q1"contributions from a number of individauls at the club will ensure that the company is not wound up at the end of this month"

Q4"The deal between Eric and my self has be done,although we have yet to send off the paperwork to update the records at companies house

Q5"There is no doubt that the board does need looking at once we have settled HMRC,we have some very committed individuals now but there does need to be an involvement from more areas of the club

Q10"All monies available can be used towards paying HMRC demand if required

Q11We dont have three definitive lots of £18,000,through there is of course some of this available
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 20:05   #41
God Member

You're not on your own Katei - O'Neil might not make a good chairman but I've no doubt he'd make a good politician.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..