Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2010, 19:02   #1

Time for Change?

Simple question really.

This season has been built up to be one of Accrington Stanley's most successful campaigns on the field. However for one reason or another this has been followed through. After 11 years at the helm, 3 of those in League Two now I'm suggesting it's time for Coleman to go.
He has assembled a good squad with a few chops and changes capable of being there or abouts for the play-offs for next season. He's had 2 real attempts at pushing on, if you ignore the first season, and it looks like there hasn't been much change in league position overall.

Anyway, I'm ready to be slated... give me your worst...
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-04-2010, 19:18   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Time for Change?

Im sorry,
but I couldnt disagre more.
IMO, when comparing our squad to the rest of league 2, 3 issues glare out at me.

1. its is smaller
2. it is younger
3. it cost nothing (With the exception of McConville)

Survival is a good achievement in Accrington Stanleys limited circumstance. I say limited because of
1. ground quality and size
2. location (small town alongside 2 premiership clubs who are big ticket discounters)
3. finances which ultimatly means lower wage scales
4. atractiveness to player - lets be honest, we are no bradford city or notts county

What Coleman has and continues to do is amazing.
My biggest fear is Coleman and Bell will grow frustrated with the above circumstances and move on elsewhere to a club with more clout to meet their ambitions.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 19:58   #3
Senior Member+

Time for a change,
and who else do you have in line? i agree with dav007 we arnt the atractiveness of clubs, no big ground, own training facilites, big wage budget to spend, but what coleman has achived is nothing sort as a miracle, 11 years, better posistion ever year, promotion to the football league, something which not alot of fans thought would ever happen, brought in some great players, i only been supporting since 06 but craney, roberts, mullin, richardson, etc and now we have the best young squad about, players like winnard, edwards, ryan, grant, turner, also getting the best out of players like symes this season, him and jb are the only men for the job and i hope they have signed the 3 year contract, only way i can see these going is another club higher up, why move sideways.

Long may coley and jb be at the helm of hms stanley

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 19:58   #4
Senior Member+

Coleman is GOD

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 20:10   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Im sorry,
but I couldnt disagre more.
IMO, when comparing our squad to the rest of league 2, 3 issues glare out at me.

1. its is smaller
2. it is younger
3. it cost nothing (With the exception of McConville)

Survival is a good achievement in Accrington Stanleys limited circumstance. I say limited because of
1. ground quality and size
2. location (small town alongside 2 premiership clubs who are big ticket discounters)
3. finances which ultimatly means lower wage scales
4. atractiveness to player - lets be honest, we are no bradford city or notts county

What Coleman has and continues to do is amazing.
My biggest fear is Coleman and Bell will grow frustrated with the above circumstances and move on elsewhere to a club with more clout to meet their ambitions.
Simple as that.

The only thing I'd add is that Coley and Jim are clearly eager to learn in order to satisfy their ambition. If you think that Coley has exhausted his talents, you're wrong. It's not like we're stuck with a League 2 journeyman like Peter Jackson with stale old tactics; we have a duo who will only get better at their profession and I hope they'll perfect it here at Accy.

Since when did bettering the previous season's record for over a decade become sackworthy?

shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 20:12   #6

I thought it was 4 years in the league plus stanley have done far better than anyone in the same situation given money, crowds etc. This is the first year we have had so many games to go and we don't have to panic. As things stand Stanley are not equiped for promotion and much as I would like to see it, it isn't going to happen soon. Coley has done great and to think we can do better is pure fantasy for now.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 20:18   #7
Junior Member+

Coleman has done great this season getting us in to a play-off chasing position and geting us into the 4th round of the F.A cup, even when we were one of the favourites for relegation. You cant seriously want him to go????
StanleyFan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 20:54   #8
God Member

I am not saying it is time for a change but maybe a change of direction, Coley & Jimmy have developed as the Club has grown coming through the Leagues.

They still have a lot to learn and a lot to develop with Players none more so than building for next season.

Maybe a Full Time Coach to work alongside them would help them develop the playing side of things?

But don't kid yourselves that despite Budgets Managers and Coaches or even retiring Pros of Repute would not be interested in Stanley should the position ever became available, we are one of only 92 Leagues Clubs some people would give their hind teeth for a crack at it.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 21:19   #9

Bloody mental to suggest Coley should go if you ask me - what more do you want other than constant improvement ? We are punching above our weight and you are complaining we aren't even higher. Nonsense. The question isn't if it is time for Accrington to part with Coleman but more if it is time for Coleman to part with Accrington. It is only a matter of time before he gets offered a job at a League 1 or Championship club, he is one of the best managers in the football league.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 22:49   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
Anyway, I'm ready to be slated... give me your worst...
See signature .... that's all.
Old 17-04-2010, 00:38   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I am not saying it is time for a change but maybe a change of direction, Coley & Jimmy have developed as the Club has grown coming through the Leagues.

They still have a lot to learn and a lot to develop with Players none more so than building for next season.

Maybe a Full Time Coach to work alongside them would help them develop the playing side of things?

But don't kid yourselves that despite Budgets Managers and Coaches or even retiring Pros of Repute would not be interested in Stanley should the position ever became available, we are one of only 92 Leagues Clubs some people would give their hind teeth for a crack at it.
Best post in this thread.
Old 17-04-2010, 01:20   #12

Coley and jimmy bell freedom of east lancashire!

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 07:29   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Simple as that.

The only thing I'd add is that Coley and Jim are clearly eager to learn in order to satisfy their ambition. If you think that Coley has exhausted his talents, you're wrong. It's not like we're stuck with a League 2 journeyman like Peter Jackson with stale old tactics; we have a duo who will only get better at their profession and I hope they'll perfect it here at Accy.

Since when did bettering the previous season's record for over a decade become sackworthy?

He's hardly smashed last season's record! Currently one place above and last season there was minimal improvement.
Old 17-04-2010, 07:31   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Time for a change,
and who else do you have in line? i agree with dav007 we arnt the atractiveness of clubs, no big ground, own training facilites, big wage budget to spend, but what coleman has achived is nothing sort as a miracle, 11 years, better posistion ever year, promotion to the football league, something which not alot of fans thought would ever happen, brought in some great players, i only been supporting since 06 but craney, roberts, mullin, richardson, etc and now we have the best young squad about, players like winnard, edwards, ryan, grant, turner, also getting the best out of players like symes this season, him and jb are the only men for the job and i hope they have signed the 3 year contract, only way i can see these going is another club higher up, why move sideways.

Long may coley and jb be at the helm of hms stanley
Darlington have got an ex-Championship manager in Simon Davey, and I'm sure Stanley is a more attractive proposition than the Quakers.
Old 17-04-2010, 07:51   #15
God Member

Exclamation Re: Time for Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
He's hardly smashed last season's record! Currently one place above and last season there was minimal improvement.
ACC. STAN. 2008-09 FL-2 46 13 11 22 42 59 50 16/24

14 Accrington Stanley FL-2 41 16 06 19 56 66 54

Smashed, maybe not, but, more points, more goals and better footy - until the last six weeks - all in all, a big improvement...

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..