Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 16:56   #31
Senior Member+

Re: todays game

Definite improvement on recent league visits to Spotland:

Rochdale Online -Rochdale 3 (Le Fondre 22 pen, Buckley 56, Higginbotham 87) Accrington 1 (Cavanagh 23) - Full Time Report

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2009, 17:06   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
A fair report, even though the penalty was a soft one. If only we could finish off half chances in the box we would have come away with at least a point, but it's the same old story.
Turner did very well IMO and was denied a good goal by the crap ref not allowing advantage, although Cav scored from the free kick.
Pleased with the performance but disgruntled by the result.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 17:34   #33

we need to add asap look at table we have play game in hand now with games off . can anyone tell me why two keeper on subs why not put anther kid in line up. need 3player in bye next weeks games
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 17:38   #34
God Member

Good performance today especially the 1st half,
now the bad bits
£20 to get in - rip off, went to the ticket office for a family ticket,
asked - do you sell family tickets to away fans
NO, we have no family stand anymore
So who do you sell family tickets too?
Home fans
But you have no family stands anymore, aren't you suppose to offer us the same as your fans?
You can have one but you will have to sit in ?? stand (cant remember what she called it)
Sod it then. I'll stick with my own lot and get ripped off like them.

Stewards, before the match even started they were at it, took a little toy megaphone off a young lad near me that was about 4 year old, you know the ones that amplify your voice very little if anything at all, said he can't use it.
Took the drum,
Took the flags with sticks,
Can't put them large flags there
Think I'll give them a miss next season, better things to spend £32 on than help paying for them muppets

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 17:57   #35
Senior Member+

I thought we fought hard today and really deserved something from the game. Yet again we had a lot of possession, but either wasted it, or over-played and ended up losing the ball.

Miles was very good today (especially in the 1st half) and I thought Turner did well, after being drafted in at the last minute.

We're really crying out for someone who can take chances in the box, because just as at Chester (and other games), we can't seem to turn chances into goals.
Old 03-01-2009, 18:18   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Stewards, before the match even started they were at it, took a little toy megaphone off a young lad near me that was about 4 year old, you know the ones that amplify your voice very little if anything at all, said he can't use it.
Took the drum,
Think I'll give them a miss next season, better things to spend £32 on than help paying for them muppets
Read that and did a quick google search suspecting they may be the same gestapo trained stewards we have at the Turf from Group 4.

Apparently not but this link suggests they are about as good at their job as our lot and backs up your view

Rochdale Online -Football club stewards accused of arrogant and aggressive behaviour
Old 03-01-2009, 18:28   #37

will not pay to sit down anymore will not pay jobsworths stewards (look at rochdale the frist time at **** spot )
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 18:38   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Read that and did a quick google search suspecting they may be the same gestapo trained stewards we have at the Turf from Group 4.

Apparently not but this link suggests they are about as good at their job as our lot and backs up your view

Rochdale Online -Football club stewards accused of arrogant and aggressive behaviour
"We have a very strict and comprehensive training policy and most of our stewards have achieved their Football Stewarding Qualification (FSQ) and are currently sitting their examinations for the NVQ.
Mr A. Example.FSQ.NVQ - Only need the Mr changing for Sir now

www.ubuntu.com

Old 03-01-2009, 19:01   #39

On the surface not a bad performance but to be honest Rochdale played a very intelligent game and deserved to win in the end. Accy started ok and played well around the box all game but I'm not sure who was supposed to be picking up the flicks from Mullen and who was supposed to be getting on the end of the crosses. I'm afraid a few months of looking over the shoulder ahead.
Glad I only paid £14 in the home end.
Baudelaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 19:07   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baudelaire View Post
Glad I only paid £14 in the home end.
Was the bad view behind ALL them pillars worth the £6 saving

www.ubuntu.com

Old 03-01-2009, 19:12   #41
God Member

taken from Dale site http://www.clubfanzine.com/rochdale/v2.forums.php

Quick match review for non-attendees.

Acy battered us for the first hour, we really weren't at the races. Buckley did a fantastic run beating 3 men before being felled by the fourth for a penalty. Dispatched into the roof of the net by Alf. Before that they had hit the post when it looked easier to score.

Accy roared back straight away, ref blew for a foul just as their lad fired in a nice finish, the laughs from Dale fans dissappeared immediately as the free-kick flew into the top corner, looked fanstastic from the TNS stand.

Rest of the half was really all Accy,my half time thoughts were that we were lucky to not be losing.

More of the same at the start of the second half although Dale did seem to up their own tempo somewhat, a cross 3 yards out eluded two stretching Accy players, they seemed to have 4 strikers on the pitch that's how advanced they were.

Then, a lovely finish low at the near post by Buckley broke the deadlock. Back they came, more pressure but not as sustained by now. We started to create chances on the break as they took risks, Buckley dancing past players at will.

Third goal was a low finish by Higginbottom that seemd to go through the diving keeper, well celebrated by a 50 yard run to hug Flickers.

3 points, unlike the previous two games at home to Accy, in no way did the result reflect the way the game was played. Bloody welcome points though.
Old 03-01-2009, 19:14   #42
Super Moderator

Agree with most of the above, but I also thought Grant had a good game, too. I really, really hope we can get Gornell back ASAP.

The stewards at Spotland are an absolute disgrace, especially the plonker who confiscated the flags. One of 'em told me mate to sit down because he was "blocking the view"...which was strange, as there were rows of empty seats behind us! Despite this, superb vocal support from the Ultras and the away following in general, which carried on right to the end of the match. What a pity only two or three of the players came across to acknowledge it.

Incidentally, we went into a pub about ten minutes' walk from the ground which had Black Sheep bitter on tap and Wynonie Harris on the jukebox...did they know I was coming?
Old 03-01-2009, 19:52   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
"We have a very strict and comprehensive training policy and most of our stewards have achieved their Football Stewarding Qualification (FSQ) and are currently sitting their examinations for the NVQ.
Mr A. Example.FSQ.NVQ - Only need the Mr changing for Sir now
So Rochdale can be proud of their well trained stewards. They really must achieve job satisfaction by ruining so many fans' afternoon out. They just can't see how utterly ridiculous they look taking such pleasure in wading into the crowd confiscating toys and flags. Best of all are the jackets they wear, with a logo on the back which says "here to serve you" (or something similar).
Meanwhile, all the Liverpool fans away at Preston stand throughout the game without anyone lifting a finger, quite rightly - but oh the crackpot stupidity and injustice of the Elf and Safety industry.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 20:04   #44
God Member

Quote:
took a little toy megaphone off a young lad near me that was about 4 year old, you know the ones that amplify your voice very little if anything at all, said he can't use it.
Took the drum,
Out of them few I mentioned the one that riled me the most was taking the kids megaphone, what harm was that doing? how do you tell a 4 year old you can't use that here when everyone around him his shouting far louder than the sound his toy could make, could understand it more if it was a proper one but this was clearly a childs toy

www.ubuntu.com

Old 03-01-2009, 20:50   #45

Another loss,good job some other results are going our way,but a few more results like todays and the others could be snapping away at our rear ends.i don't know about everyone else on here but is it only me that's getting the squeaking bum feeling,surely other accy fans are starting to worry or is everyone living in cloud cuckoo land.if my info is correct we are worse off than we were at this time last season,we're lucky that some teams got docked points or we would really be in the doo-doo so to speak.injuries aside i hope we can get some loan cover in to help us over the rest of the season,god knows we need it.

ACCY TILL I DIE.:hidew all::hidew all:
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..