Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2007, 15:58   #151
God Member

Re: Todays Match Walsall v Stanley

Very unlucky, we will bounce back tho

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2007, 15:58   #152
I am Banned

Whats up with wallsall fans boooooing lol do they wanna swop places!! lol
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 16:01   #153
God Member

Dam and Blast.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 16:01   #154
God Member

Torquay 1-0 !!!
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 16:32   #155

Unlucky guys!
We had them! If it was not for yet another controversial decision, by yet another referee we would at least have drawn. There's no need for the lads to be down hearted, as far as the fans were concerned we won that match! Remember it was the third team in the league that needed such a very opportune stroke of luck to come from behind wasn't it
Well done Stanley. bring on the next game!
Old 31-03-2007, 18:03   #156
Super Moderator

Totally agree. The whole team performed really well and outplayed Walsall for most of the game. If we carry on playing like this we should be OK. Still on 41 points, but doesn't that feel so much nicer than being reduced to 34 points!
Old 31-03-2007, 18:09   #157
God Member

Feel muuuuch better next week when its 44

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 18:30   #158

As my team (Birmingham) aren't playing until tomorrow I went along to todays match at the Bescot, and as a casual observer I must say how inpressed I was with Stanley's performance, and how unlucky you were to have come away with nowt.

The penalty looked highly dubious (a 50/50 challenge), and Walsall's winning goal was very lucky. I thought you played some neat football and looked lively and dangerous going forward and outplayed Walsall for long spells.

I was particularly impressed with the bald forward (No 10 ???) who as well as showing some nice skill and awareness, also did a lot of good running off the ball, creating space for others and unsettling Walsall's usually solid defence.

Your second goal was superb, particularly the quality of the cross. The way things turned sour is typical of the way the luck goes when you're at the wrong end of the table, as I know only too well from quite a few of my years of suporting Brum.

It certainly is a fine line and hopefully for the rest of the season you will get some better luck that you deserve and manage to avoid the drop. I hope this doesn't appear to be in any way patronising. I rarely post on other supporters forums but but took the trouble to do so today because I was so impressed with Staney and because the result was such an injustice.

Good luck,

Brummie Bluenose
Brummie Bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 18:33   #159
God Member

Thanks for your input BB, good to read views from an outsider

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 18:41   #160
Senior Member+

Very complimentary report from Walsall's fan site:

http://www.walsall-mad.co.uk/news/lo...MTCH&id=332002

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 18:55   #161

Hang in there boys...keep believing. Cream will always rise to the top!!

Tractorboy Red
Old 31-03-2007, 19:47   #162
Junior Member+

You were unlucky today, but swings and roundabouts I guess?.... We should have won at MK last week but didn't, same for you today?
cheesebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 20:14   #163

Zidane here from Walsall MAD. I was recommended this site by Urbanspaceman, a Stanley fan who posts on our site www.walsall-mad.co.uk, and he has now become a good friend.

Well.... last week we felt robbed against MK. We should have had a pen and had the ball in the net twice before being ruled out.

This week I feel the pen wasn't a pen. I sit in the stand behind the goal in the lower. We also had a bit of luck with the winner really. Came away feeling we had lost even though we had the 3 points. You came here to play football and I respect that alot. I really hope the 3 points earned today that could send us up dont send you down.

That's twice we have played you this season and have 6 points to show for it but I have come away feeling lucky both times. I just don't understand why you are where you are! Well I do! Your defence is just leaky! I think your game is suited for playing the better sides and although your run in is tough I am confident you'll get a few points.

Hopefully we'll get out of this division this season and you will stay up and re-build that defence in the summer and mount a promotion challenge of your own next season.

Zidane
WFC_Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 20:42   #164
Senior Member+

Having been at the match, and reading some of the positive comments from neutrals and Walsall fans alike, I have to take a lot of positives from that game. No way should we have lost and no way was it a penalty even from 100 yds away. Never mind, there are six? more games to win. If we play like that for the remainder of the season, both home and away, we will be safe, I am certain of that.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:09   #165

Unlucky lads - I can't complain about the points, as we need them almost as much as you do, for different reasons, but it's a shame there couldn't be two winners. Best of luck staying up. Torquay look doomed, and I hope Boston follow them.
jeef_boner is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..