Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2006, 15:48   #16

Re: tonight at bury

This is a bit weird. Accy fans bigging it up against Bury. Good on yer. Great match last night and great support. Funny how you say we (Bury) made no noise as that was the impression I got from you lot. Strange things accoustics. I could see you clapping but could just about hear you at times. Loved the Stanley Ultras flags. Is that irony or are you really connected to the fascist groups of Milan? Can I also just say that we are not Man U fans and the people who go to Gigg (on a Tues night when the Man Ure are on TV as well) are the types who are genuine footy fans and not in any way glory hunters. In that surely we share the same outlook. Yes we have become the Carlisle of the second division. Do you remember when they always seemed to be at the bottom of the division. The only worry is that if we do drop we might do a Stanley.

Anyway last night was the best game I have seen at Gigg for a while and that was due to you lot coming to play as well. Your speed up front was fantastic and your keeper was a pain in the bum. You could have had a pen in the second half but you prob didn't see it from your end. Our player knocked the ball down with his hands. Would have been harsh but I've seen em given.

See you all on Boxing Day. Pity last night wasn't on a Sat as there might have been more there. Good luck for the rest of the season. You never know I might go to Accy when I have a free Sat!!
Shaker Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2006, 16:48   #17
God Member

www.stanleyultras.co.uk
Old 27-09-2006, 18:59   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker Tom
This is a bit weird. Accy fans bigging it up against Bury. Good on yer. Great match last night and great support. Funny how you say we (Bury) made no noise as that was the impression I got from you lot. Strange things accoustics. I could see you clapping but could just about hear you at times. Loved the Stanley Ultras flags. Is that irony or are you really connected to the fascist groups of Milan? Can I also just say that we are not Man U fans and the people who go to Gigg (on a Tues night when the Man Ure are on TV as well) are the types who are genuine footy fans and not in any way glory hunters. In that surely we share the same outlook. Yes we have become the Carlisle of the second division. Do you remember when they always seemed to be at the bottom of the division. The only worry is that if we do drop we might do a Stanley.

Anyway last night was the best game I have seen at Gigg for a while and that was due to you lot coming to play as well. Your speed up front was fantastic and your keeper was a pain in the bum. You could have had a pen in the second half but you prob didn't see it from your end. Our player knocked the ball down with his hands. Would have been harsh but I've seen em given.

See you all on Boxing Day. Pity last night wasn't on a Sat as there might have been more there. Good luck for the rest of the season. You never know I might go to Accy when I have a free Sat!!
At long last, a Bury fan who does not wear rose tinted spectacles. Well said mate - see you on Boxing Day

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 19:48   #19
Senior Member+

We were the only fans in your clubhouse which made me chuckle! We sang songs for an hour ish with no reply, in YOUR club house

That said when I entered the ground I did hear the Bury lads so well done. Never heard you after that! I thought we were very loud I thought & it is backeed up on YOUR messageboard. We were singing in YOUR ground long after it had emptied. Ask the press who were the only ones left in!

We had more flags in YOUR home ground etc etc

However, I'd expect some rose tinted comments so "tally ho amigo".

Must say to Bury's credit fantastic ground & very sensible stewarding.

Hope you stay up with ASFC so we can entertain your bar maids again & fill your club house with the sound of Red & White Day & Night

Ta da

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 09:48   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.B
Well said I can not wait till boxing day, Stanley fans are in for a shock. They are bigging them selves up because they feel the need to cos we are a bigger club than them. End of. "we outnumbered them", Classic!.

They are odd from the valley.
Don't forget it was our 'little club' who were willing to try and help your 'big club' a few years back when you were skint. How many of the 'bigger clubs' around you were interested? End Of.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 11:19   #21

Oh dear I think this Bury fan should look at the league table before he or she starts going on about cup finals. History means nothing when you are second from bottom. There is a saying about too big to go down. Hmmmm. Some big names down at the foot like Grimsby and Bristol Rovers. The times might be a changin' . The way Accy played at Gigg I could see them easy making the play offs and making some new fans along the way. As for us . . well looks like another nail biter unfortunately. I hope not.
Shaker Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 12:41   #22
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker Tom
Oh dear I think this Bury fan should look at the league table before he or she starts going on about cup finals. History means nothing when you are second from bottom. There is a saying about too big to go down. Hmmmm. Some big names down at the foot like Grimsby and Bristol Rovers. The times might be a changin' . The way Accy played at Gigg I could see them easy making the play offs and making some new fans along the way. As for us . . well looks like another nail biter unfortunately. I hope not.
Don't take the quote so seriously it's only ment in jest, I don't expect Bury away to be their cup final..Even if we are a stones throw apart. Had we been talking about Fail then yes we are THEIR cup final.
C.I.B is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..