Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2008, 22:32   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Tonight v Liverpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
...Not much of a player..... Of course that's only my opinion!!!....
When Everton bought him from Liverpool the blue half of the city was totally embarassed.
Heard one red say to his blue mate, "Believe Gary's looking sharp in training." Still makes me smile.

Macca, if that rumour's true about Branch, I'm taking a year out as well.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2008, 22:40   #47
God Member

I was disappointed with King as well because I try to bang the drum about why is he not starting. Maybe he just can't be arsed trying anymmore? McGivern gave it a go though for the ten minutes he was on. Disgusting really.
Old 29-04-2008, 05:51   #48

king played like a schoolboy , not up to job at all . liverpool wanted it more then us . when defending they had 11 players facing the ball . naff crowd but game not advertised in telegraph . why couldnt they charge every 1 say £2 , mite have got a few more in . I took my sons mates along , they enjoyed going to a live match but got peeved at stewards telling them off for walking round ground ect .. jobs worth . try to increase attendance and this is what you get . my lad enjoys himself and gets moaned at but has to listen to kids bit older then himself swearing like a old pro stood behind him .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 10:11   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

But Paul Mullin played some delightful lay-offs tonight....as good as ever he was!!.....and their Aussie Goalkeeper really was good!!.

Did Leighton McGivern do enough to deserve a start against Bury??
That we shall have to wait to see!

'ON STANLEY...ON!!'
agree with your comments and to answer the above, YES he should start against Bury as should Toddy, he looked like the Toddy of old last night.
Craney looked peeved when he was replaced early doors as well. There goalie played a blinder.

Suprised no one has mentioned the fact that the ref played in a black strip last night when in reality, they should all have been playing in dayglo green or yellow. I think that is why Branchy got confused as did some of the other players, strip was too much like our away strip.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 11:53   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post

Suprised no one has mentioned the fact that the ref played in a black strip last night when in reality, they should all have been playing in dayglo green or yellow. I think that is why Branchy got confused as did some of the other players, strip was too much like our away strip.
We spotted that watching match wondering why ref weren't in green shirt, tho im beginning to think branchy may need a trip to specsavers tho

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 11:55   #51
God Member

Was there any scouts from our brigade looking over these liverpool scouse players ??? notice coley weren't about

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 29-04-2008, 12:27   #52
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Was there any scouts from our brigade looking over these liverpool scouse players ??? notice coley weren't about
Seems more than "Branchy" needs to go to specsavers, both Mr Coleman & Bell where in attendance.
Old 29-04-2008, 16:41   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
He wasn't passing to the ref, he was passing to anyone in red, for a change, and of course it wasn't his fault.

Old 29-04-2008, 17:02   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
He wasn't passing to the ref, he was passing to anyone in red, for a change, and of course it wasn't his fault.
Not defending him, he's still rubbish but wasn't just him passing to players in red was it.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 17:34   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Not defending him, he's still rubbish but wasn't just him passing to players in red was it.
No, the Liverpool youngsters made it look easy.

Old 29-04-2008, 17:58   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
No, the Liverpool youngsters made it look easy.

And so they should have done Oggy!!...They get quality coaching everyday in the best of Soccer environments !, and were they all youngsters or a collection of some of the very best prospects from Eorope, South America and Australasia ?.
Whoever they were, the passing and general organisation had to be admired !
and all of their goals, particularly the second were excellently taken.

A good warm-up for 'the Shakers??'

'ON STANLEY....ON!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 18:16   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
even without the ultras
We spent our money & used our voices at the League game in Wales.......... then travelled to Hyde on the Sunday to play fans football!

All weekend dedicated to ASFC !

I will be on this website to highlight YOUR next non appearance

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 18:43   #58
God Member

ooh catfight!
Old 01-05-2008, 19:06   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
We spent our money & used our voices at the League game in Wales.......... then travelled to Hyde on the Sunday to play fans football!

All weekend dedicated to ASFC !

I will be on this website to highlight YOUR next non appearance
Touchy

Anyways no need Mr Miller i already do the curtesy of informing the forum of my few non attendances at home there & then so thats a job saved for ya

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..