Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2006, 19:19   #1
Senior Member+

Tonights Game!!

for those of us without sky sports......

Team is as follows.... Elliot, P Cavanagh, A Tretton, M Welch, L Richardson, A Todd, I Craney, R Williams, G Roberts, P Mullin, R Boco
Subs: D Alcock, D Ventre, A Mangan, D Brown, P Cook

On stanley on!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2006, 19:20   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Tonights Game!!

2-0 up after 30 mins.

Todd 24

Mullin 27

!!!!!!!!!
Old 20-02-2006, 20:41   #3
Senior Member+

final score 2-0

great win congrats to the lads!!!
Old 20-02-2006, 21:12   #4
Senior Member+

why does boco play ?.....only saw him for 5 mins out of 90

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 21:22   #5
Senior Member+

Where are all the Morecambe fans? I was expecting at least a little amusement.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 21:30   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Where are all the Morecambe fans? I was expecting at least a little amusement.
theyv'e gone to drown their sorrows in the bay ...or would that be themselves ?

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 20-02-2006, 21:39   #7
God Member

They'll not be in any rush to ge home and post on here :-)

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 21:50   #8
Senior Member+

So anyone back from the game or watched it on sky can give me an update, I had to follow it on the Sky vidprint thingymajig, which wasn't as good as watching or hearing. Ta .

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 21:52   #9
Member.

Excellent game and an excellent night, if a bit tight at the Clayton End. Another class act by Stanley only equalled by the effort put in by the ultras….Well done.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 21:55   #10
Senior Member+

3041 peeps in attendance ..(quality)

along with a couple of league managers...mike newell..and steve (the dingle) cotteril sat nxt to big eric himself ...

and a certain mr ormerod in the sky box with geoff stelling

Old 20-02-2006, 21:56   #11
God Member

fantastic first half, shame they were shooting away from us . Atmosphere was electric for over 3000 sardines, ha ha. Well done once again to the ultras and to jase for a stunning display of flag waving. JT I really tried to get your flag on TV at the end, hope you saw it

Well done to Coley and all the lads

16 points clear and never mind having a laugh, it's almost, I said almost hysteria

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 21:59   #12
Resting in Peace

Not much from Morecambe tonight until the 2 late substitutions, but if they had played them from the start Craney, Rommy and Rocky would have murdered them in the midfield. We just have confidence oozing through the team now and even though we weren't at our best the result was never in doubt. Todd is growing in stature with every game and we now have a genuine threat on both wings, the first time since the days of Mark Shirley and Russ Payne - marvellous!
Every man is giving 110% for the cause and responding to the relentless support from the Ultras. Can't relax yet though, and a tough match to come on Saturday - will we be up for it again? You bet we will.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 22:20   #13

Talking Re: Tonights Game!!

What a fantastic strike by Todd - (someone please explain why they were all pullin his hair in the celebration) and how tight an angle was that by Mully?? Two superb finishes and Twiss is still a man-boob 80s Mullet sportin tosspot.... All credit to him for getting Morecambes sole shot on target for the whole of the 90 mins though

I thought the first 45 was great - permanently in Morecambes half - 2nd 45 - different story but at least the damage was done - I thought we could have done em 4-0 if we'd carried on the same way we did in the first half but I suppose McIlroy/Harvey had a few words at the interval.. What worries me is why the hell Mike Newell was there - Lutons nowhere near Accy unless Eibo had a word Understandable why Steve the C**T Cotterill (yes Adders, you spoke the truth and were persecuted for it but the difference is Im not a Rovers fan ) was there...

As regards to my flag, Id like to thank whoever it was that put it in front of the LET sign at the Clayton End right at the front of the terrace - saw it HUNDREDS of times and yes - Harwood Red - I saw you waving it at the end - I cant thank you enough - I was asked if that was the flag I sent over by loads of people here

16 bloody points clear - UNBELIEVABLE!!! Coley - I LOVE YOU!!!

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 21-02-2006 at 17:42.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 22:26   #14
Full Member+

Interesting reading on www.shrimpsvoices.co.uk They give us plenty of praise and blame Sammy Macs tactics. A few dissenting voices about the state of the ground and Mullins "easy" goal but bragging rights with us I think. Now where is that Morecambe prat who usually posts on here? :engsmil:
Old 20-02-2006, 22:30   #15
Senior Member+

Well done Stanley............loads of love from Tenerife xxxx
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..