Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2010, 18:10   #151
God Member

Question Re: Transfer embargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Try this, Joe...

Accrington Stanley to lift transfer ban (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Totally confused by this, as it refers to Ilyas Khan as the "chairman"...is he?
Cheers WH, it worked, but cannot make head nor tail of some of what is quoted/reported

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2010, 18:14   #152
God Member

Smile Re: Transfer embargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Sorry, I new I shouldn't have tried to be technical
At least you are trying to be positive AM

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 05:36   #153
God Member

Re: Transfer embargo

How good will it be finally for Coley to be able to start to wheel & deal and the squad begin to take shape?

It should be a great that he will be boosted by the money recieved from the Bobby Grant move to Scunthorpe as promised!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 08:37   #154
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
How good will it be finally for Coley to be able to start to wheel & deal and the squad begin to take shape?

It should be a great that he will be boosted by the money recieved from the Bobby Grant move to Scunthorpe as promised!
Sorry Google Page Ranking but if you think JC is going to get a penny of the Bobby Grant fee, I think you are sadly mistaken. It has been admitted we are late with the taxman again! I think if and when this money is given to the club, it will be used to pay the bills and wages of the players. I fear JC will be looking in the freebie market again, not that this is a bad thing, as he has unearthed some gems in previous years

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 08:38   #155
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post

Ya mean same as they do at "ALL" league clubs mate? agree it will be good, but its sad we have to think that way.
Old 15-07-2010, 09:37   #156

Thought I read somewhere that Rob Heys said we were close to being self sufficient and the Bobby Grant money would be made available to John Coleman!!!! Oh well, there's always next week !! We live in hope.
Old 15-07-2010, 10:54   #157
Super Moderator

Accrington Stanley boss aims to strike balance (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Coleman cannot officially sign players until the club’s transfer embargo is lifted but that could happen within the next seven days

What happened to the club hoping "to get it boxed off by the end of the week"?
Old 15-07-2010, 11:59   #158
God Member

He didn't say which week would be 'the week' though WH - you know he doesn't like to tie himself down to specific dates
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 12:12   #159
Senior Member+

"Not long now."

One of the most over used cliches on the Sheffield Wednesday Forum - mind you they're talking about the series of proposed take overs that's been going on for longer than War and Peace.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 16:52   #160
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Sorry Google Page Ranking but if you think JC is going to get a penny of the Bobby Grant fee, I think you are sadly mistaken. It has been admitted we are late with the taxman again! I think if and when this money is given to the club, it will be used to pay the bills and wages of the players. I fear JC will be looking in the freebie market again, not that this is a bad thing, as he has unearthed some gems in previous years
It's only what I read

Accrington Stanley promise to hand Grant funds to Coleman (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Accrington Stanley June 24th "Stanley Agree Grant Compensation" in Archive section

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 15-07-2010 at 16:56.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 18:01   #161
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I read the same........don't believe a sodding word they utter.
Old 16-07-2010, 07:44   #162
God Member

According to today's Observer, the embargo will be lifted on Tuesday. Story not on line yet (& anyway I don't seem to have much luck posting links) so here goes :

'Stanley plan to have their transfer embargo lifted next week so John Coleman can finally get players signed for their new season.
Under new Football League rules the Reds have been placed under an embargo as they are late with their 2009/10 accounts going into Companies House.
But club officials are set to meet with their accountants on Tuesday and get the all-clear.
"The accountants have had a tough job with the finances and loans from that year but we are now there" said chief executive Rob Heys. We will meet up with them on Tuesday, make sure everyone is happy, sign them off and then send them to Companies House and the embargo will be lifted. It's obviously never good to have things like this hanging over our head but, once these accounts are done, the same thing won't happen next year as we have a new accounts system in place".

Every thing in the garden's rosy then
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 07:52   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

if thats so accymad, seems this week has become another of them "Next Weeks"
Old 16-07-2010, 10:07   #164
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
According to today's Observer, the embargo will be lifted on Tuesday. Story not on line yet (& anyway I don't seem to have much luck posting links) so here goes :

'Stanley plan to have their transfer embargo lifted next week so John Coleman can finally get players signed for their new season.
Under new Football League rules the Reds have been placed under an embargo as they are late with their 2009/10 accounts going into Companies House.
But club officials are set to meet with their accountants on Tuesday and get the all-clear.
"The accountants have had a tough job with the finances and loans from that year but we are now there" said chief executive Rob Heys. We will meet up with them on Tuesday, make sure everyone is happy, sign them off and then send them to Companies House and the embargo will be lifted. It's obviously never good to have things like this hanging over our head but, once these accounts are done, the same thing won't happen next year as we have a new accounts system in place".

Every thing in the garden's rosy then
I thought the "new accounts system" had been in place for two years. At least that's what David O'Neill said.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 11:03   #165
God Member

In telegraph Ilyas has confirmed that he has stepped down & made that announcement at the charity boxing match.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..