Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2010, 18:31   #226
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Transfer embargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
One can't help but notice the "lack" of an official statement on the fishy site. Funny that as I am sure that when Ilyas was " in control " the statements couldn't come fast enough!! Déjà vu anyone?

Also, considering the club read this forum you would be forgiven for thinking that they would be falling over themselves to try and allay our fears. Or am I being a little over optimistic? Hmmm
Bout time the penny dropped mate, bottom line is= the fans don't count.......unless they want summat.
Old 29-07-2010, 19:13   #227
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Just checked on Companies House website. THE ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN LODGED
Won't be long now!!!

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 20:01   #228
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Just checked on Companies House website. THE ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN LODGED
That can't be right. It isn't next week until Monday.
Old 29-07-2010, 20:15   #229
Senior Member+

Quote:
One can't help but notice the "lack" of an official statement on the fishy site. Funny that as I am sure that when Ilyas was " in control " the statements couldn't come fast enough!! Déjà vu anyone?

Also, considering the club read this forum you would be forgiven for thinking that they would be falling over themselves to try and allay our fears. Or am I being a little over optimistic? Hmmm
They missed out on a glorious opportunity last night UK..what a chance for The Chairman(?) and CEO to stand up and make some definitive statements about 'what is happening at The Stanley'...
However, this didn't happen as neither of these two gentlemen could even bother to offer a welcome to those fans attending the wake (ooops !...I mean't Soiree !) let alone outline just where the club is at..or where it's going !.
Any genuine organisation having quality management driving it towards it's goals would never have let such an opportunity to relate in a transparent way with it's consumers escape !!.
Several mentioned the fact that Fans didn't appear to matter as long as their Season Tickets had been collected !...perhaps there was a modicum of truth in their concern ?.
And, not wanting to cause you a sleepless night, you are
I'm afraid 'being a little over-optimistic'.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 12:19   #230
God Member

Still no official statement regarding the current embargo, good or bad, talk about leaving things till the last minute....:0

On the plus side though we have signed a goalkeeper coach ( see fishy site ). A much needed move me thinks!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 12:52   #231
Super Moderator

According to the Observer, the ban is set to be lifted "this week".

The accounts, though, have been sent to Companies House and the Football League and the Reds are just waiting for the all-clear from the league which they expect this week.

Coley steps up striker hunt with embargo due to be lifted - Accrington Observer

So, as I would imagine the FL admin staff don't work weekends, that must mean this afternoon, then!
Old 30-07-2010, 13:56   #232
Senior Member+

I know the season has not began, however Coleman deserves manager of the year for putting up with this.
I do get a hint this episode may be the straw that broke the camels back, if any league clubs come knocking i expect him to move on.
You couldnt blame him, he has worked wonders to assemble a squad on conference north wages.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 15:40   #233
God Member

Smile Re: Transfer embargo

Defender Sean Hessey and midfielder Charlie Barnett have both agreed 12 month deals at the Crown Ground.

From Official site, the first(2) of many......

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 16:08   #234
Resting In Peace

Charlie Barnett played against Southport and AFC Fylde (number 10), he had two very good games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie...tt_(footballer)
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 16:12   #235
God Member

Exclamation Re: Transfer embargo

Tis official........

Old 03-08-2010, 16:18   #236
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post

Tis official........
cheers joe. onwards n upwards.
Old 03-08-2010, 17:04   #237
pok

Just noticed you guys have signed Charlie Barnett. Very talented player with a very bad attitude towards managers and coaching staff. Was signed for us by Ronnie Moore and threw a hissy fit when he wasn't immediately put in the first team. Barnes didn't like him and his relationship with Parry, who is tremendously easy going, completely fell apart. When Moore brought him into the team towards the end of the 08 season Barnett was our best player, and he helped us push on to 7th place in what was a very tough league that year playing on the left hand side. Calls himself a central mid but more suited to playing on the wing at this level. He's fast and tricky, technically good midfielder could run rings around most L2 full-backs if you can find a way to keep him happy. Wish we still had him really. Good luck for the rest of the season, think we'll be seeing you the season after.
pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 17:23   #238
God Member

Thanks for that pok, as for season after next, we will be seeing you - in League 1!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2010, 22:26   #239

Quote:
Still no official statement regarding the current embargo, good or bad, talk about leaving things till the last minute....:0

On the plus side though we have signed a goalkeeper coach ( see fishy site ). A much needed move me thinks!
Just read on the fishy site that our new goalkeeping coach was involved in the development of Dunbavin. Do you think the other keepers have been warned?

On a serious note, it's an overdue appointment and credit to JC and JB for pulling it off. If we're now in a position to add to the coaching staff, presumably the powers that be are confident tha funds are in place...
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 23:06   #240
Senior Member+

The thing is Charlie Barnett is a great signing for Accy! It looks like his attitude at clubs have let him down , e.g of that is Tranmere and the post above!

The reason why its a great signing is because we have such determined and very down to earth, strict, football minded, get the best out of a player managing staff in John and Jimmy!

They wont take no s**t from Charlie and with the good reviews about how talented he is, this could be one of the signings of the summer for Accrington!

Great to see good signings coming to the club!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..