Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2010, 19:16   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Triallists

My pre occupation would be getting a big striker in rather than defence. Think Rotherham's Drewe Broughton may have become available. Not sure if he still is.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2010, 16:09   #17
Senior Member+

Thought jon Bateson was very good tonight,composed on the ball and defended well.He slotted into the right back position with ease and can play centre back.
He played rb at blackburn and played with Deano for years,dont think he had a fair crack at Bradford ( there captain was rb )
Although Tom Lees played well last year,i always rated Bateson a better player.
Jimmy Ryan against Blackpool was different class and some of the football played ( on the deck ) was brilliant , hope they play Linfield up front on his own as the three midfielders plus mc conville love to attack
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 16:25   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
hope they play Linfield up front on his own as the three midfielders plus mc conville love to attack
Disagree. Craig Lindfield worked very hard last night but he is more of a holding player than out-and-out striker. As for Sean McConville, he was anonymous. I'm not sure if he was supposed to be on the right wing but he rarely was. Far too many Blackpool attacks started on the left wing.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 16:32   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Disagree. Craig Lindfield worked very hard last night but he is more of a holding player than out-and-out striker. As for Sean McConville, he was anonymous. I'm not sure if he was supposed to be on the right wing but he rarely was. Far too many Blackpool attacks started on the left wing.
There in lies one of the problems in that McConville will be tried in most forward positions to be accomodated, I think he will go on to be a decent player but we already have a competent tried & tested natural right winger when he gets a chance

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 16:49   #20
Senior Member+

If you was at the game , acci played a 4 - 1 -4 -1 system where proctor sat in allowing the four midfielders to interchange , ryan was popping up everywhere, left,right,centre to blame mc conville for anything is unfair, look at the amount of chances and corners created against a prem team who have a good work ethic
Old 21-07-2010, 17:46   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
If you was at the game , acci played a 4 - 1 -4 -1 system where proctor sat in allowing the four midfielders to interchange , ryan was popping up everywhere, left,right,centre to blame mc conville for anything is unfair, look at the amount of chances and corners created against a prem team who have a good work ethic
Yes, I was at the game. Yes, we did create chances and corners. Sadly, as I said before, I cannot recall McConville making any contribution whatsoever. I cannot remember him having a shot, forcing a corner, or making a telling pass.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 17:52   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Yes, I was at the game. Yes, we did create chances and corners. Sadly, as I said before, I cannot recall McConville making any contribution whatsoever. I cannot remember him having a shot, forcing a corner, or making a telling pass.
its hard to remember him doing any of those things........all last season.
Old 21-07-2010, 18:46   #23
God Member

Nice to see Coley trying out a new formation. Maybe he's trying to reign Proccy in a little bit by giving him a holding midfield role? (Seeing as his vision of him as a box-to-box, Gerrard-esque midfielder didn't work out as well as hoped last season). Andy Procter - Great Harwood's Makelele
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 19:00   #24
Senior Member+

I know a Bradford fan at work who rates Bateson a decent player.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 19:42   #25
Senior Member+

mc conville is never going to be a "hard" player,but technically he is one of the best,i will put my head on the block and say i predict him to have a good season , ps trust me Bateson is a top player !!!! so is Ray "razor" putrill,who is a tough cookie
Old 21-07-2010, 22:06   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
mc conville is never going to be a "hard" player,but technically he is one of the best,i will put my head on the block and say i predict him to have a good season , ps trust me Bateson is a top player !!!! so is Ray "razor" putrill,who is a tough cookie
sincerly hope yer right, but just fer chance, can i have yer ties.
Old 22-07-2010, 00:35   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
sincerly hope yer right, but just fer chance, can i have yer ties.
@ Cashy
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..